Community
Wiki Posts
Search

PHL - FRA LH flight already full for 4/15?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25, 2014, 4:21 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Who knows anymore. It's a f---ing pandemic.
PHL - FRA LH flight already full for 4/15?

I've got an award ticket on LH, booked through UA, for LH 427 PHL-FRA on 4/13/15. Went online to look at seats (since X tickets, can, thankfully, still reserve seats in advance), and the whole plane is marked as full, except the exit rows. (I've already got 20A and 20C). Checked on UA, and the flight doesn't show up as available at all. But it's available on Priceline for $3000+ per ticket. Just seemed strange that a daily flight is already booked full 8 months out, and/or that Priceline still has tickets while UA and LH don't. Thoughts?

(I'm sure this situation has been covered before, but I couldn't begin to figure out how to search it. Feel free to direct me to another thread).
Old Aug 26, 2014, 12:36 am

Programs: UA 1K; LY Gold; DL Gold; BA Bronze
The flight is pretty open actually:

J9 C9 D9 Z9 P9 Y9 B9 M9 U9 H9 Q9 V9 W9 S9 T9 L9 K9

According to EF, the only seats currently reserved in economy are yours - 20AC. Probably just a glitch.
Old Aug 26, 2014, 12:42 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
If you try a dummy booking on this flight on lufthansa.com you can check the seatmap. Apart from 20A/C the only seats currently blocked/reserved (probably the former) are: rows 15-19, 29D/G, 33D, 34G and rows 38-40.
Old Aug 26, 2014, 12:45 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Probably the 016 stock issues are coming up with this one...
Old Aug 26, 2014, 5:48 am
Original Poster

Thanks so much - hadn't realized that LH was blocking even eligible UA tickets from picking seats. The flight still isn't showing up on UA's site even if I'm not logged in and I've cleared my cookies - still strange. And just to confirm, I can't book exit row seats until T-24 check-in, correct?
Old Aug 26, 2014, 6:12 am

Programs: BAEC, M&L, Bonvoy
Originally Posted by rstlsgirl
And just to confirm, I can't book exit row seats until T-24 check-in, correct?
Almost correct :-) LH is T-23
Old Aug 26, 2014, 12:52 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by volta
Almost correct :-) LH is T-23
Except that it can also be 30 hours, sometimes, according to LH site. Or maybe 48. Apparently you either need an FT degree or to be German to understand LH. Ich verstehe nicht!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.