Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Does Lufthansa block wifi for economy?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 27, 2014, 6:58 am
Original Poster

Does Lufthansa block wifi for economy?

I called them, and they said my transatlantic flight does have wifi, but only for business and first class.

However, I'd think my laptop could pick it up even in economy (I'm happy to pay for the wifi). Do they have someway of blocking passengers in economy from connecting? Or do they just not give the connection code to those passengers?

Has anyone flew Lufthansa recently and been able to access wifi in economy? Did you have to do anything special to get on?

TIA
Old Jun 27, 2014, 7:34 am

Are you sure that this is correct?

http://www.lufthansa.com/online/port...nodeid=3108158
Old Jun 27, 2014, 7:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
I've only used is flying First, but I'm not sure how they can block access to Y pax since it's a wireless system. Plus relatively speaking, even a 747 is not that large a space.
Old Jun 27, 2014, 7:44 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by SFO777
I've only used is flying First, but I'm not sure how they can block access to Y pax since it's a wireless system. Plus relatively speaking, even a 747 is not that large a space.
Umm... all you have to do is control access, not "block" the actual radio signal.

Regards
Old Jun 27, 2014, 7:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by scubadu
Umm... all you have to do is control access, not "block" the actual radio signal.
Regards
How do you control access when one has T-Mobile account?
Plus, there are no seat or cabin constraints for sign up, sign in and log on.

Old Jun 27, 2014, 7:53 am

Programs: LH-SEN, DL-Platinum
I use FlyNet all the time in economy...
Old Jun 27, 2014, 10:06 am

Originally Posted by FredSanders
I called them, and they said my transatlantic flight does have wifi, but only for business and first class.
Pure nonsense. WiFi on Lufthansa is available for all service classes, and passengers in all services classes are charged for if they want to use it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.