Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lots of Lufthansa lounges in Frankfurt! Which one do I go to?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 13, 2016, 5:41 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by agtoau
My LH455 flight from SFO I presume arrives at the Z gate To get to the FCT, I need to go to Passport Control first. Then do I go to the baggage claim area and exit? I saw your photos but it wasn't clear.
If you arrive at a Z gate and go through passport control at the bottom of Pier A/Z you walk through the baggage claim area before going through customs and exiting to the public area. This is exit A1 for Z gate arrivals which is only a few minutes from the FCT.

If you arrive at a B gate (unlikely for LH455) or follow the signs for A gates after arriving in Z and go through passport control, you don't have to walk through the baggage claim area as already explained by YuropFlyer. Just make sure to leave the terminal on the arrival level.

The first part of my pictorial guide applies to arrivals in B, the second part applies to arrivals in A/Z.
Old Aug 13, 2016, 9:04 pm

Programs: United MP, Qatar Privilege, Lufthansa
Thank you, both (NewbieRunner & YuropFlyer).
Old Aug 17, 2016, 9:31 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Mosaic
Originally Posted by NYC1
Agree.

Go to FCL A, get breakfast/shower whatever. Get out, store bag in terminal lockers, go to city/Mainz. Get back, pick up bag and go to FCT. In terms of the first lounge stop, you mentioned going to the FCT as an option. I don't think that is a good/viable idea because they take your passport and give it back when you leave the lounge when the flight is ready and you get into the car. I'm sure you could raise a stink and say you want to leave the FCT and get your passport back but I wouldn't do it. The FCL A makes more sense as the first stop anyway.
Thanks NYC1, NewbieRunner and YuropFlyer! Good catch on the passport and security points that make it a non-starter on top of the trek there at 6am. FCL A, optional duty free shopping, stash bags, and back to FCT it is.

Originally Posted by YuropFlyer
Indeed. But the prices for that personal service seems pretty fair to me (7€ for 24hrs) and not much more than a locker.

Also, he wouldn't have to get coins etc. that way.

The alternative (slightly cheaper I guess) would be to take the train to Frankfurt Main station and store the luggage there (they do have lockers). That would be the approach if OP wants to take a taxi to the FCT (to "arrive in style" ) on the way back as otherwise he would first have to get his luggage from the main terminal luggage storage..
That's certainly another option that would save time for the duckies and wine tasting . I was thinking Uber from the airport train station (THE SQUARE?) but looks like Uber is banned from Frankfurt. Likely wouldn't try a taxi from the city so as to not have to worry about traffic. I imagine I wouldn't be looked upon very kindly by the cabbie for attempting the circuitous 3.5km route?

Likely planning on hitting some sights till the mall opens - MyZeil? buying some items, but try not to buy any rimowas - lunch if hungry, time permitting and heading back.

Last edited by pWei; Aug 17, 2016 at 9:40 pm
Old Aug 18, 2016, 3:41 am

Programs: LH Miles and More, DL SkyMiles, Bonvoy, Hilton
Originally Posted by pWei
Thanks NYC1, NewbieRunner and YuropFlyer! Good catch on the passport and security points that make it a non-starter on top of the trek there at 6am. FCL A, optional duty free shopping, stash bags, and back to FCT it is.

That's certainly another option that would save time for the duckies and wine tasting . I was thinking Uber from the airport train station (THE SQUARE?) but looks like Uber is banned from Frankfurt. Likely wouldn't try a taxi from the city so as to not have to worry about traffic. I imagine I wouldn't be looked upon very kindly by the cabbie for attempting the circuitous 3.5km route?

Likely planning on hitting some sights till the mall opens - MyZeil? buying some items, but try not to buy any rimowas - lunch if hungry, time permitting and heading back.
+1 on the left luggage station. I am not a huge user of the FCLs/FCT, but if you ask about getting something pressed while you are in the bath, they might be able to help you out. There are sometimes pleasant service surprises in the FCLs, but I am only sure of pressing service in the WL.

If having fresh pressed items is important and you are going into the city anyway, as stated, there is always the option of breakfast in the FCL, then shower and pressing in the WL. I recommended that very option to some guests a while back, and they enjoyed the FCL, but after the FCL experience were a bit disappointed by the WL offerings. Yes, first world problems, I know.

Enjoy your day in Frankfurt!

Traffic does get heavy at business rush times in Frankfurt, but getting to/from FRA from the city via taxi is generally reasonably pleasant (from the city center, my experience is 35€-40€).
Old Aug 19, 2016, 9:15 pm

Thanks for all your responses again. Just to circle back and report on my experience. We went to A FCL. Breakfast was ok, many stale hot items and strangely salty. Had to wait an hour for a shower to open up. Must be a busy day!

Upon entry, the Lounge assistant strongly recommended that we use the B FCL, and to store our bags there while we were out in the city. She indicated that they would have driven us to the plane. Something I might do next time.

By the way, there is a 75 fee for the tax free process at the FCT, payable to customs. We didn't buy enough to bother with.
Old Aug 20, 2016, 7:57 am

Originally Posted by pWei
Thanks for all your responses again. Just to circle back and report on my experience. We went to A FCL. Breakfast was ok, many stale hot items and strangely salty. Had to wait an hour for a shower to open up. Must be a busy day!

Upon entry, the Lounge assistant strongly recommended that we use the B FCL, and to store our bags there while we were out in the city. She indicated that they would have driven us to the plane. Something I might do next time.

By the way, there is a 75 fee for the tax free process at the FCT, payable to customs. We didn't buy enough to bother with.
Stale/salty items --- this has never been my experience. Too bad. You should have asked for other items. They would make them fresh for you.

Hour wait for a shower --- again never had that happen to me either. Usually there is zero wait and rarely 10-20 minutes. Bad luck!

Storing at FCL B while leaving the airport --- I have not heard of that before. I wonder if this is a one-off from the person you spoke to or something that LH is ok with. Personally, even if it's OK with LH, I wouldn't want to do it because it would require going back there and you never know if plans/timing change. I had to decide recently whether to leave my bag at the LHR CCR while going out to the city and then coming back in the afternoon for another flight. I didn't want to chance anything going wrong and didn't leave it there.

Driving from FCL B --- depends on what your connecting flight is. Not guaranteed.

Fee for customs officer to come to FCT --- yes. This can be avoided by dealing with customs in the main terminal before going to FCT and putting the items in the checked suitcase (or not even, they are usually not too fussy about this unless you show up with 100 invoices). Obviously with your route not convenient to go to the terminal first and then FCT.
Old Aug 24, 2016, 9:53 am

Hello I am flying LH230 to Rome soon (0735 departure) and I am flying business class.

As a *G member, is it better to use the A50 Senator lounge instead of the A26 (even though previously it's a first class lounge)?

Thanks all for your advice!
Old Aug 24, 2016, 11:43 am

Given the early departure time, I'd say "the one closer to your departure gate".

A26 has baristas on staff who can make you a fresh cappuccino, but I'd say it's hardly worth a potential long walk.
Old Aug 24, 2016, 12:00 pm

Originally Posted by klausa
Given the early departure time, I'd say "the one closer to your departure gate".

A26 has baristas on staff who can make you a fresh cappuccino, but I'd say it's hardly worth a potential long walk.
Great! Thank you very much as this is my first time at Frankfurt airport.

I actually will arrive from another long haul flight from Hong Kong then connect to LH230.
Old Sep 1, 2016, 12:40 pm

lounges ZRH-FRA-LAX in J/F

My wife is traveling on LH from ZRH-FRA in business then FRA-LAX in F.

Some questions:

1. She will have access to Swiss First class lounge at ZRH?

2. Lately her flight ZRH-FRA has been arriving at A gates, (A21 for example) and her boarding pass indicates the FRA-LAX flight leaves from Z69. So which F lounge should she use? Will there be security to clear?

If she arrives at an A gate, and departs at a Z gate I assumed she should use A pier F lounge. But LH website says non-Schengen F destinations should use B lounge which confused me.

Thanks!
Old Sep 1, 2016, 1:00 pm

1. Yes. She should show the boarding pass for the F sector at lounge entrance too.

a) She could use the FCL A (Schengen). From there head to passport control to Z on her own. (least convenient I think.)
or
b) Walk to B via the tunnel, passport control then FCL B (non-Schengen). From there limo drive to the departure gate
or
c) Leave secure area and walk to FCT. There security, passport control and limo to the departure gate - if she has enough time!!!

Personally I normally go for c).

If ZRH-FRA arrives at an apron position she will be picked up by limo (if availability is given). The limo driver would probably drive her to B. Or ask if she would be driven to A in order to walk to FCT.

You may check this link
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufth...on-thread.html

and Newbierunner's signature for more info and pics.

Last edited by PetzLUX; Sep 1, 2016 at 1:23 pm
Old Sep 1, 2016, 1:47 pm

Originally Posted by PetzLUX
1. Yes. She should show the boarding pass for the F sector at lounge entrance too.

a) She could use the FCL A (Schengen). From there head to passport control to Z on her own. (least convenient I think.)
or
b) Walk to B via the tunnel, passport control then FCL B (non-Schengen). From there limo drive to the departure gate
or
c) Leave secure area and walk to FCT. There security, passport control and limo to the departure gate - if she has enough time!!!

Personally I normally go for c).

If ZRH-FRA arrives at an apron position she will be picked up by limo (if availability is given). The limo driver would probably drive her to B. Or ask if she would be driven to A in order to walk to FCT.

You may check this link
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufth...on-thread.html

and Newbierunner's signature for more info and pics.
thank you very much

I think not enough time for c) FCT

b) is more convenient than a)? Is it a longer walk through tunnel to lounge at B, but guaranteed a limo direct to aircraft?

thanks again
Old Sep 1, 2016, 1:58 pm

Originally Posted by adlibitum
thank you very much

I think not enough time for c) FCT

b) is more convenient than a)? Is it a longer walk through tunnel to lounge at B, but guaranteed a limo direct to aircraft?

thanks again
How much time does she have (maybe for c) )?

Concerning b) from the root A to FCL B, I did need around max. 10-12 minutes without running, passport control included (automatic passport gates for EU passport).

For a) she will have to leave the FCL A early, walk to passport control, maybe loose some time here, then walk the Z pier (depending on departure gate) which is pretty long. (In contrary to MUC, FCL A does not have a passport control allowing to switch from Schengen to non-Schengen and vice-versa within the lounge.)

From FCL B or FCT, limo for sure - when boarding starts.
Old Sep 1, 2016, 2:29 pm

Originally Posted by PetzLUX
How much time does she have (maybe for c) )?

Concerning b) from the root A to FCL B, I did need around max. 10-12 minutes without running, passport control included (automatic passport gates for EU passport).

For a) she will have to leave the FCL A early, walk to passport control, maybe loose some time here, then walk the Z pier (depending on departure gate) which is pretty long. (In contrary to MUC, FCL A does not have a passport control allowing to switch from Schengen to non-Schengen and vice-versa within the lounge.)

From FCL B or FCT, limo for sure - when boarding starts.
thanks again
Old Sep 7, 2016, 11:18 am

Originally Posted by NYC1
Stale/salty items --- this has never been my experience. Too bad. You should have asked for other items. They would make them fresh for you.

Hour wait for a shower --- again never had that happen to me either. Usually there is zero wait and rarely 10-20 minutes. Bad luck!

Storing at FCL B while leaving the airport --- I have not heard of that before. I wonder if this is a one-off from the person you spoke to or something that LH is ok with. Personally, even if it's OK with LH, I wouldn't want to do it because it would require going back there and you never know if plans/timing change. I had to decide recently whether to leave my bag at the LHR CCR while going out to the city and then coming back in the afternoon for another flight. I didn't want to chance anything going wrong and didn't leave it there.

Driving from FCL B --- depends on what your connecting flight is. Not guaranteed.

Fee for customs officer to come to FCT --- yes. This can be avoided by dealing with customs in the main terminal before going to FCT and putting the items in the checked suitcase (or not even, they are usually not too fussy about this unless you show up with 100 invoices). Obviously with your route not convenient to go to the terminal first and then FCT.
Agreed with your points - bad luck. Seemed strange to me, might be arrival time related. To add, there was a sign at the shower desk saying light sewing/pressing is available. So that's a positive. FCL A did have excellent rain showers - perhaps it should be named a tropical storm shower. ^

Driving from FCL B did seem like it was specific to my flight - she specifically checked my BP before saying so. A380 to ICN.

Bags at FCL - she did seem really confident and it was suggested when I mentioned going into the city. She did seem to be very competent and if assistant at FCL B was the same, I would have been comfortable that it wouldn't be a problem.

It doesn seem like you really like the FCT, and I would've been fine with FCL B, particularly if it was really a newer copy of the FCT. I guess the only issue is security / passport controls.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.