Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More
Reload this Page >

Booking at the LH website [new booking and seat reservations on LH.com]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Booking at the LH website [new booking and seat reservations on LH.com]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17, 2014, 9:36 am

LH seat assignment issues

Hey,
I just got off the phone with a very helpful LH agent, and he indicated that the seat selection function on their website was having tons of issues. He booked my seat selection while on the phone.

Originally Posted by e950058
Hi,
I don't know if someone has experienced this over the past days, but my seat bookings have suddenly disappeared on my reservation (LH778 to SIN on March 31st, back to FRA on LH779 April 22nd). I keep trying to book seats and save them, but when I go back on my booking, nothing has been saved.
Anyone having the same troubles ?
Thanks !
Old Mar 17, 2014, 9:02 pm

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
Originally Posted by tonetone28
..their website was having tons of issues...
We solo badly need an LH euphemism of the week thread! That would rock.
Old Mar 19, 2014, 6:45 am

Location: between DM464 and DM463 on the NAPSA26 RNAV TRANS in EDDM
Programs: this and that
This new booking engine is sooooo buggy and it really goes on my nerves quite a bit. I still cannot add PNRs that are created offline, nor can I assign/change seats, etc. It is really a shame that I have to go to lot.com to get seat assignments for a LH reservations and it has been like this for weeks.

I did use the "help chat" on the site the other week and the response was something along the line "yea, we know about the isses and we're working on it, but we don't have a clue when everything will be fixed."

Great service!!!

However, something like changing seat assignments still works for me if I use www.miles-and-more.com rather than lufthansa.com (although I am fully aware that this approach won't help if you are not a M&M member)...
Old Mar 20, 2014, 12:16 pm

Programs: US; AA; UA; Hilton Gold; Club Carlson Gold; IHG Platinum;
Seat selection for UA award tickets

I just discovered that I can no longer change/select seats for LH operated flights booked as UA award tickets. I used to be able to do it on LOT.com when LH.com was having issues earlier this year. Now both LH and LOT websites would not allow me to change seats.

Is anyone else having the same issues?
Old Mar 20, 2014, 12:44 pm

Programs: UA Platnium, TK Elite Plus
I had no problem doing this in LH F using a UA award in summer 2013 as well as a mixed LH/LX award in Y this past fall. I could reserve the following:
-LH long haul in LH's website
-LH short haul at OLCI
-LX long haul by calling
-LX short haul at OLCI

For the mixed LH/LX award I was rev and my wife was award on different reservations. I just called LH and LX each so we could be seated together.
Old Mar 20, 2014, 12:56 pm

Programs: UA-Plat, United Club
Seat selection for UA award tickets

I used LOT last night to change my LH seats for UA award. There was a link on the lower pay off the page to see more details I think, and then you can click modify to change seats

-dan
Old Mar 20, 2014, 1:35 pm

Programs: US; AA; UA; Hilton Gold; Club Carlson Gold; IHG Platinum;
Originally Posted by raybolt
I used LOT last night to change my LH seats for UA award. There was a link on the lower pay off the page to see more details I think, and then you can click modify to change seats

-dan
I know exactly what you are referring to since I used to do it many times. Now when I click on modify link I get a page with all individual flights listed, but "select seats" buttons are no longer available.
Old Mar 21, 2014, 8:50 pm

Programs: MileagePlus 1K, Marriott BonVoy Titanium
Changing seat on LH metal with UA award

I used to be able to go to Lufthansa.com and change my seat assignment on LH metal when using UA awards. Now I see seat assignments, but there is no way to change the seats.

Any ideas? I am retrieving the booking using my last name and the LH reservation number.
Old Mar 21, 2014, 8:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
LH.com has been experiencing IT issues with online seat selection... used to work but not now.
You'll need to call LH and have an agent select/change your seats.
Old Mar 21, 2014, 9:10 pm

Programs: MileagePlus 1K, Marriott BonVoy Titanium
Originally Posted by SFO777
LH.com has been experiencing IT issues with online seat selection... used to work but not now.
You'll need to call LH and have an agent select/change your seats.
Thanks. I wonder why they would break something that was working. I always prefer self-service over talking yo an agent.
Old Mar 22, 2014, 1:47 am

Programs: LH SEN; BA Blue; HHonors Gold; Priority Club Gold
LH website issues

If you re having odd messages on bits of LH site, for example on view bookings, it may not be you. Seems they've had ongoing issues for a while.
Old Mar 22, 2014, 2:51 am

Or just change seats yourself at www.lot.com.
Old Mar 22, 2014, 3:10 am

Programs: LH Miles and More, DL SkyMiles, Bonvoy, Hilton
Originally Posted by points_maniac
Thanks. I wonder why they would break something that was working. I always prefer self-service over talking to an agent.
I prefer self-service as well, especially after some regular experiences dealing with LH telephone agents (the quality/knowledge of those agent tends to vary quite widely).

LH is working through the (rather delicate and harder-than-they-look) issues of changing the seat reservation rules as they, e.g., begin offering "preferred seat" reservations for an extra fee (e.g. exit rows). The changeover has, in some cases, shall we say, "adversely affected the user experience".
Old Mar 22, 2014, 6:05 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold *woodPlat LHFTL Marriott Lifetime Plat.
I have been unable to make a booking or access my bookings through my laptop on either Chrome or Internet Explorer since Thursday, though I was able to make a reservation on my phone this morning. Rang the technical support line (I always use Skype and call the German lines to avoid paying the ridiculous phone charge for using an 0870 number in the UK) and was told that they have been "having issues and are working on it" but there is no date for resolution of the problem.
Old Mar 24, 2014, 2:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Supper Buggy also today.

With Safari as the browser and OS Mavericks crashing every time webcheckin gets to the confirmation page.

I was able to eke a confirmation (boarding pass) out of my mobile phone- it does show my passenger status however as M/M which is a bit off- anyway the site seems from my computers to be quite unstable this morning.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.