Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More
Reload this Page >

Booking at the LH website [new booking and seat reservations on LH.com]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Booking at the LH website [new booking and seat reservations on LH.com]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2014, 11:59 pm

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, Bonvoy LT Titanium
Impossible to purchase any ticket on the new website. After entering payment details it rejects whatever CC I use. Buying the same ticket on expedia for 5€ less with the same card is not a problem.

I suspect it has to do with the fact that the billing address of the CC does not match the mailing address at Lufthansa. Changing addresses does not work either, so www.expedia.de it is. Expedia even correctly submits the Senator number, so seat choice is easy.
Old Feb 28, 2014, 12:12 am

Programs: LH HON
am I the only one that doesn't seem to find the Status of a booking anymore? I have several bookings with waitlisted segments - I don't see that Information anywhere (except of course on checkmytrip but that is not the Point )?! probably just too blind?!
Old Feb 28, 2014, 3:32 am

Location: between DM464 and DM463 on the NAPSA26 RNAV TRANS in EDDM
Programs: this and that
Originally Posted by FC ORD
Having the same problem.....I tried cas_de suggestion to make sure it was set to USA and to English. I did that and still just got the auto redirect to a M&M sign-in page.

Is it no longer possible for non M&M members to view their LH flight details booked with United miles???
Can you display a single booking just by using the PNR & last name combination without logging in using your M&M or online profile? This works for me, but as indicated such bookings are not added to your profile in the logged-in state.

Also I cannot change seats, because I get an error message that my FF# has been entered twice (nice error). Here's the background. My corporate travel dept. made a reservation for me:

MUC LH CLT (stop over)
CLT US CVG (destination)
CVG UA X/IAD LH MUC

Since I have both a UA FF# and a LH FF# they automatically pull both from my profile and add it to the reservation, assuming that I would like to credit the UA segment to UA and the rest to LH. I cannot remove the UA FF# on LH.com (great bug) and I get the error message described above when I try to select seats on LH.com - hence I had to use lot.com for my seat changes.

Great update to the website. Stuff that worked before doesn't work any longer and you need to use another airline's website to make (presumably) easy changes.

IT at its best...
Old Mar 3, 2014, 5:41 am

Originally Posted by kanor
I also miss the Sofort payment option.
What was this exactly?
Old Mar 3, 2014, 8:27 am

Programs: SK Gold, AF Gold, Marriott Platinum
One-click bank transfer, more or less.
Old Mar 4, 2014, 4:51 pm

Programs: BalticMiles, LH SEN, FlyingBlue
Another bug noticed today - I wanted to look at rebooking options for my return flight. It lets me select date I want to rebook for, but does not show any flight options. If I input next day I even get a message that dates were modified to be within site limits or something similarly ridiculous.

Mobile app just shows that there are tech problems to find any flights after you select date...
Old Mar 11, 2014, 10:39 am

Unable to Access Trip Overview Facility

For the past week I have been unable to view my Lufthansa booking from EDI-HKG via FRA and MUC, leaving this Saturday. Everytime I try to access the booking through the lufthansa website this error message comes up : 'A fatal error occured! Please, start over your booking flow'. The booking was made with Expedia, and has been previous accessible on website. Interestingly I am able to access the booking via the lufthansa android app. Am I the only one having problems with the trip overview facility?
Old Mar 11, 2014, 6:09 pm
pav

Programs: LH Sen, QR Gold
Originally Posted by StAIR
For the past week I have been unable to view my Lufthansa booking from EDI-HKG via FRA and MUC, leaving this Saturday. Everytime I try to access the booking through the lufthansa website this error message comes up : 'A fatal error occured! Please, start over your booking flow'. The booking was made with Expedia, and has been previous accessible on website. Interestingly I am able to access the booking via the lufthansa android app. Am I the only one having problems with the trip overview facility?
What is your browser? When using FF I've been getting this error quite a lot after the recent changes or - what many call - upgrades to LH website.
Should work fine on Chrome.

Last edited by pav; Mar 12, 2014 at 6:25 pm Reason: Quotation added
Old Mar 15, 2014, 12:36 pm

Programs: Marco Polo Gold, Asiana Gold, IHG Platinum, Bonvoy Silver
Impossible to book seats on LH.com

Hi,
I don't know if someone has experienced this over the past days, but my seat bookings have suddenly disappeared on my reservation (LH778 to SIN on March 31st, back to FRA on LH779 April 22nd). I keep trying to book seats and save them, but when I go back on my booking, nothing has been saved.
Anyone having the same troubles ?
Thanks !
Old Mar 15, 2014, 9:17 pm

Originally Posted by e950058
Hi,
I don't know if someone has experienced this over the past days, but my seat bookings have suddenly disappeared on my reservation (LH778 to SIN on March 31st, back to FRA on LH779 April 22nd). I keep trying to book seats and save them, but when I go back on my booking, nothing has been saved.
Anyone having the same troubles ?
Thanks !
Its been happening for some time and is a known issue. Looks like it has something to do with Amadeus. Most people have had luck selecting seats on www.Lot.com .
Old Mar 16, 2014, 12:10 am

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
Maybe an ASR test run for the nigh enhancements...
Old Mar 16, 2014, 1:45 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
Originally Posted by LufthansaFlyer
Its been happening for some time and is a known issue. Looks like it has something to do with Amadeus. Most people have had luck selecting seats on www.Lot.com .
Hello,

I have the same problem, I booked a flight including a LH segment on Air Canada.com website this morning. I retrieved the LH PNR # but on LH website the seat selection section seems to be broken/read-only. I tried to access my booking on LOT website with the PNR # but I got an error.

It seems I need to call LH reservation center

Matthieu
Old Mar 16, 2014, 4:01 pm

Programs: US CP
Originally Posted by LufthansaFlyer
No luck for me there, using Chrome, I click on "meal/seat preferences" and nothing happens. I tried explorer and I can't even get the LOT site to fully load.
Old Mar 16, 2014, 5:50 pm
pav

Programs: LH Sen, QR Gold
Originally Posted by tothetrail
No luck for me there, using Chrome, I click on "meal/seat preferences" and nothing happens. I tried explorer and I can't even get the LOT site to fully load.
The page does not get displayed correctly.
Try this.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/22221993-post20.html
Old Mar 16, 2014, 6:28 pm

Programs: US CP
Originally Posted by pav
The page does not get displayed correctly.
Try this.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/22221993-post20.html
Got it, thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.