Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Miles&More Selection/ extra Benefits

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10, 2014, 6:11 am

Originally Posted by Rambuster
Nice catch!
Curious to see how this plays out in the end.
(I wonder how many more miles above 35k I would need to fly to nominate someone to FTL ... )
At least 90k I imagine, since it reads be one level down nomination from SEN and "gifts" being available from 125k? God only knows how precious LH thinks their status is, might as well turn out to be an option only after 275k HON miles per year.
Old Feb 10, 2014, 6:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Rambuster
Nice catch!
Curious to see how this plays out in the end.
(I wonder how many more miles above 35k I would need to fly to nominate someone to FTL ... )
Note in general the SEN comes out better in this scenario as they "earn" select miles on all classes of service whereas the HON does not "earn" select miles and rather only "HON Circle" miles which means there will be occasions when the SEN or FTL is rewarded whereas the HON is not. Brilliant.

AC has had a similar program with their Elite/Super Elite benefits- years ago prior to the rolling enhancements it was actually a very good program- some people even got a free Jaguar lease among other benefits for the very frequent flyer.
Old Feb 10, 2014, 6:37 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
I don't know why everyone is getting excited at the timing. AFAIK the programme aims to reward elites who cross the 100k qualification mark with additional goodies, so a voucher at 125k, a FTL nomination at 150k etc. Unless you are at a HON earning pace its unlikely that you will hit 100k till sometime in May/June?
Old Feb 10, 2014, 6:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by oliver2002
I don't know why everyone is getting excited at the timing. AFAIK the programme aims to reward elites who cross the 100k qualification mark with additional goodies, so a voucher at 125k, a FTL nomination at 150k etc. Unless you are at a HON earning pace its unlikely that you will hit 100k till sometime in May/June?
Don't most incentive programs work more effectively when the targets are communicated to the earners prior to their launch ?
Old Feb 10, 2014, 6:43 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Its more of a retention program... AA does the same since a few years, they haven't announced the bennies for 2014... yet.
Old Feb 10, 2014, 6:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
But it really does, just once again, predictably, seem to be another absurd lot of nonsense designed to provoke only the ire and scorn of their so-called best customers. There just seems to never, really never, be any attempt at intelligent marketing or making the programme any better.
Old Feb 10, 2014, 7:40 am

Programs: QF LTG, LH (SEN*** till 02/26), AF, AA, AB-G†
Originally Posted by FD1971
AFAIR, you are an econ prof.
Business, mate - not Economy!

I still have many examples, where customer orientation leads to a long term profitable business relationship. But LH keeps on whinging that the mean competitors - especially from Turkey or Arabia – are protected by their governments and are stealing customers form LH.
Old Feb 10, 2014, 7:48 am

Programs: QF LTG, LH (SEN*** till 02/26), AF, AA, AB-G†
Originally Posted by oliver2002
I usually plan quite a lot in advance. So 75K LH Miles are already booked and ticketed (to be flown until October). If I would know that some benefits could be worth achieving I could switch some flights. But I would not buy a pig in the poke.

To the value of a Parter FTL:
My wife will again get her QF Partner Gold. That is a quite nice benefit with some nice use - but very cheap for QF: Only a few flights and lounge visits for her. But i like the lounge access for 4 persons when traveling with the family for a few flights.
Old Feb 10, 2014, 8:56 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Originally Posted by SMK77
Do Status Star have any meaning for Miles&More Select?

No. They enhance the look of your luggage tags and service card only.
Old Feb 10, 2014, 8:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by NA-Flyer
It would be funny if it was a joke- as it is
Old Feb 10, 2014, 9:05 am
Suspended

Programs: Everything is refundable
Originally Posted by Tyrolean
Business, mate - not Economy!

I still have many examples, where customer orientation leads to a long term profitable business relationship.
Exactly what LH is doing since years, strong customer orientation resulting in mutually benefitial business relationships driving profits.

Getting rid of unprofitable customers is also part of the strategy like at any other good company. ^

The I3 of BMW is another good example. Originally, the I3 came with a high end Nav. , after BMW realised they do not need to offer it for free, because the care is selling anyway with nearly 9k of options purchased per vehicle, they do not offer the Nav. anymore for free, enhencing the offer.
Old Feb 10, 2014, 9:07 am

Programs: LH SEN**, IHG Diamond Ambassador
May I ask where these news were communicated? Probably I missed it ...
Old Feb 14, 2014, 2:27 am

This appeared in my 'Senator Lounge' today:

Miles & More Selections: more benefits for frequent-flying status customers
14/02/2014

As announced last autumn, Frequent Travellers, Senators and HON Circle Members will, from this year, be rewarded in addition to reaching and re-qualifying for their status. A new element is being introduced to the Miles & More programme under the name ‘Miles & More Selections’. This will enable status customers to select from a variety of additional benefits, subject to the number of flights they take. This takes into account our status customers’ desire for additional recognition of the number of flights they take over and above the status qualification limit and in so doing rewards their loyalty even more.
Miles & More Selections in detail

Assessing ‘flight performance’

The flight performance of Frequent Travellers and Senators will be assessed on the basis of the new ‘select mile’. This will be awarded for flights with Adria Airways, Air Dolomiti, Austrian Airlines, Brussels Airlines, Croatia Airlines, Germanwings, LOT Polish Airlines, Lufthansa, Luxair and SWISS in all travel classes. In addition to every status mile, which is credited for flights with these Miles & More airline partners, Frequent Travellers and Senators will also receive one select mile – the Executive Bonus is, of course, also still included.

The select miles earned in the current calendar year will always be taken as the basis for Frequent Travellers and Senators achieving additional benefits. For this year, select miles will be counted retrospectively from
1 January. This means the entire flight performance in the calendar year 2014 will be taken into account. On
1 January 2015, the select miles counter will be reset to zero and will begin counting again. From this summer, status customers will be able to view the balance of their select miles in their personal status lounge under the heading ‘Miles & More Selections’ on miles-and-more.com.

For HON Circle Members, the HON Circle miles earned in two consecutive calendar years will be taken into account for Miles & More Selections. For the introduction of Miles & More Selections, these two calendar years will be 2013 and 2014.

Mileage thresholds and the choice of extra benefits

We are introducing mileage thresholds within Miles & More Selections. Once status customers reach these, they can choose from a number of additional benefits. Per calendar year, the first mileage threshold is 50,000 select miles for Frequent Travellers and 125,000 select miles for Senators. For HON Circle Members the first mileage threshold is 650,000 HON Circle miles for the combined calendar years 2013 and 2014.

From this summer, there will be a variety of additional benefits available to status customers with Miles & More Selections, based on the mileage threshold that they reach. The choice includes, for example, vouchers to visit the Lufthansa Business, Senator and First Class Lounges as well as the lounges of our airline partners and discount vouchers in different amounts. Furthermore, Senators and HON Circle Members will have the choice of eVouchers which enable them to upgrade to the next highest travel class and the option of giving a Frequent Traveller or Senator partner card to a relative or friend. The selection of additional benefits will be available from this summer in customers’ personal status lounges on miles-and-more.com.

Further details about Miles & More Selections, such as the other mileage thresholds and all the extra benefits, will be published shortly before the start of the selection period
Old Feb 14, 2014, 2:33 am

Programs: LH SEN**, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by Viennafly
May I ask where these news were communicated? Probably I missed it ...
today officially communicated:
http://www.miles-and-more.com/online...l=en&cid=18003

I am curious about the mileage levels that will be needed for the additional benefits. For sure, they will stick to the 300k HON (Select) miles for 2 additional evouchers. But what will I get as a SEN if I reach 125k Select miles (the first level)? I would be surprised if they would award a FTL card for family/friends or a voucher for a First Class Lounge entry.
Old Feb 14, 2014, 3:21 am

Back in 2000 when I was a humble FTL I got a standby paper upgrade voucher for a longhaul flight when I hit 100k (SEN qualification was 130k then). I suppose they will hand out lounge vouchers, etc etc. Last April M&M interviewed a number of people asking what these 'select' gifts could be.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.