Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More
Reload this Page >

LH Resuming CGK via KUL, Suspending SGN, [BKK and KUL lose First] Beginning 01JUN14

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LH Resuming CGK via KUL, Suspending SGN, [BKK and KUL lose First] Beginning 01JUN14

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19, 2014, 3:47 am

Originally Posted by FD1971
Easy answer, one that cares about making money. ^

BKK is the perfect example of a deregulated market, where more or less everyone has access and hardly anyone makes money.

Yields have become ridiculous, backpackers and seniors looking for a young entourage lead the way, so airlines are reacting. Contin. focus on cargo, high density configurations in Y and less seats in premium classes are one possible solution. First Class is so 1990´s on many routes...
So 1990s....... , not sure you would even know

It might be for many reasons , but it will certainly not be 5 stars in all classes.

Yes , unfortunately you are correct in that LH has decided to take up the fight about carrying the backpackers , not business people . This is very unfortunate .
Old Feb 19, 2014, 5:09 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by SMK77
@mods: "BKK losing First" is definitely something that sould be hidden under "CGK via KUL, Suspending SGN" for easy reference...
Title duly edited.
Old Feb 19, 2014, 5:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

@mods: "BKK losing First" is definitely something that sould be hidden under "CGK via KUL, Suspending SGN" for easy reference...
See you on the LX flight!
Old Feb 19, 2014, 6:14 am
Suspended

Programs: Everything is refundable
Originally Posted by seat 1a
Yes , unfortunately you are correct in that LH has decided to take up the fight about carrying the backpackers , not business people . This is very unfortunate .
Interesting and very unique observation

But as long as the backpackers pay Lufty fares and luggage surcharges, they are more than welcome. ^
Old Feb 19, 2014, 6:30 am

Originally Posted by FD1971
Interesting and very unique observation

But as long as the backpackers pay Lufty fares and luggage surcharges, they are more than welcome. ^
Unique , as in you are correct.

Yes , of course they are welcome . And in my case I would not care as I will not be on an LH long haul that does not provide F.
Old Feb 19, 2014, 6:38 am

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, SQ PPS Solitaire
I would be curious to learn how many on those BKK flights pay nothing or next to nothing - e.g. LH staff. Unfortunately, LH is not publishing those numbers but looking at their sky-high fares and what they make on average per seatkilometer sold, there seem to be some freeloaders on the road and in the air...
Old Feb 19, 2014, 6:52 am
Suspended

Programs: Everything is refundable
Originally Posted by seat 1a
Unique , as in you are correct.
Honestly, and please excuse the blunt comment, the exact opposite.

But hey, keep on trying... ^

I would be curious to learn how many on those BKK flights pay nothing or next to nothing - e.g. LH staff. Unfortunately, LH is not publishing those numbers but looking at their sky-high fares and what they make on average per seatkilometer sold, there seem to be some freeloaders on the road and in the air...
The greatest thing about FT, you learn something new almost every day.

Of course, 99% of it is nonsense, but at least it is highly entertaining.

Last edited by FD1971; Feb 19, 2014 at 7:01 am
Old Feb 19, 2014, 7:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
Losing F on BKK does not really bother me anymore, as the new daytime flight schedule has already done the job...
Old Feb 20, 2014, 4:05 am

Programs: LH HON
thanks to this thread, I called LH pro-actively about a FRA-CGK in F in June... they confirmed they don't see availabilty, still don't have any official word yet so they are currently checking, if they can make an exception and put me (and Mrs Daumueller) on FRA-SIN-CGK (last Segment on SQ)... FRA-SIN is F8A4O0 so that should probably be doable, SIN-CGK might be tricky due do companion Award... let's see...
Old Feb 20, 2014, 4:45 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

I would be curious to learn how many on those BKK flights pay nothing or next to nothing - e.g. LH staff.
... and tons of UA MP redeemers, 12.5 LM AVgeeks, etc etc.
Old Feb 20, 2014, 5:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
Originally Posted by oliver2002
If the revenue they account for award space is not considered to be high enough, then perhaps they are not accounting for their mileage credits sufficiently ?
Old Feb 20, 2014, 5:33 am

Originally Posted by Rambuster
If the revenue they account for award space is not considered to be high enough, then perhaps they are not accounting for their mileage credits sufficiently ?
I suppose their measure the proportion of tickets sold in F/A/O and not exactly the split of what they finally get from each ticket.
Old Feb 20, 2014, 9:13 am

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, SQ PPS Solitaire
Originally Posted by oliver2002
I think that's not correct, otherwise LH would have already dried up award availability. I guess what they get is an agreed price per mile or segment flown from others: In the good old times you paid LM 500 USD and flew NRT-FRA-BKK in F. LH got 2,000 USD from LM for both and it was (and is LM) who is footing the bill. I guess they (LM) figured that out and raised award prices twice. The minority that still flies for next to no miles is now small enough that on average the LM controlling is happy with the outcome.
Old Feb 21, 2014, 4:14 am

Originally Posted by chris63
It is currently operated by A340-600 but scheduled to change from 2nd March until the route finishes altogether on 29th March by 744.
Thank you very much. I checked it again today and was confused as Flight Aware shows it's been running the 340-600 again. My flight will be in March so I'll catch the 744 before it goes away.
Old Mar 5, 2014, 6:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
What's happening to the JKT service?

The LH M&M website is promoting a special version of mileage bargains to Jakarta in April/May

https://www.miles-and-more.com/onlin...en&cid=1000243

There's significant capacity available in award categories to Kuala Lumpur in that period, but from a quick look I was unable to find anything at all to CGK.

Testing the $$ booking engine, the direct CGK service appears sold out - or not operated.

I've probably missed something - give me a clue!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.