Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More
Reload this Page >

[Rumour] Lounge Access: Exciting changes for *Gold Members [no SEN lounge when in Y]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Rumour] Lounge Access: Exciting changes for *Gold Members [no SEN lounge when in Y]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8, 2013, 6:54 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: UA Premier Gold

Exciting new changes, you will like!

This is just a rumour !
I have heard that LH will change the access rules for Star Alliance Gold members. This change will come into effect on January 1st, 2015(!).

- Star Alliance Gold members, who are holding a same-day onward Business Class boarding pass on LH or any other Star Alliance carrier, will have access to the Lufthansa Senator Lounge. One guest flying Star Alliance is permitted, as well.

Other rules may apply to guests, who are holding Star Alliance Gold Status with Lufthansa joint venture partners Air Canada, United Airlines and All Nippon Airlines. A same-day longhaul departure on AC/UA/LH/LX/OS/SN/NH in Economy Class grants access to the Lufthansa Senator Lounge, as well.

Last edited by warakorn; Aug 9, 2013 at 6:59 am
Old Aug 8, 2013, 6:59 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by warakorn
This is just a rumour !
I have heard that LH will change the access rules for Star Alliance Gold members. This change will come into effect on January 1st, 2015(!).

- Star Alliance Gold members, who are holding a same-day onward Business Class boarding pass on LH or any other Star Alliance carrier, will have access to the Lufthansa Senator Lounge. One guest flying Star Alliance is permitted, as well.

This is worse than what they are entitled to already, isn't it? *G departing on *A carriers can already access SEN lounges even when travelling in Y. @:-)

Am I missing something?
Old Aug 8, 2013, 7:03 am

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner

This is worse than what they are entitled to already, isn't it? *G departing on *A carriers can already access SEN lounges even when travelling in Y. @:-)

Am I missing something?
Maybe that actually means that, without a C class ticket, they will need to go to the C lounges. So the rumour is rather exciting for SENs than for *G
Old Aug 8, 2013, 7:05 am

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
This is worse than what they are entitled to already, isn't it?
That's what makes it exciting I guess.
Old Aug 8, 2013, 7:11 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Over in the UA MP forum the lurker used to post the marketing text that included 'we have some exciting enhancements you will like!' I think the OP chose the words accordingly.

If the rumour is true, its certainly music to the ears of SENs who complain of crowded SEN lounges. I had the pleasure of fyling thru SIN in Y recently, and the dump *G travelling in Y are sent to can certainly match the LH C lounge(s).
Old Aug 8, 2013, 7:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EXP, AA-0.41MM, UA-Gold, Ex UA-1K (2006 thru 2015), PMUA-0.95MM, COUA-1.5MM-lite, AF-Silver
I have never understood why LH thinks being a Sen is more exclusive than holding a same day LNG haul J BP.

And outside of the new Sen lounges in FRA, there is no discernible difference between a J and Sen lounge.
Old Aug 8, 2013, 7:26 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: UA Premier Gold
Again, I cannot vouch for anything. This is just a rumour.
Old Aug 8, 2013, 7:56 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
If I believe all rumours out there right now Q3 & Q1/2014 will be certainly an adrenaline filled exciting time.
I'm really happy I have my SEN qualification squared away till 2/2017 and can lean back and observe the fund & dance.
Old Aug 8, 2013, 8:23 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002
I'm really happy I have my SEN qualification squared away till 2/2017 and can lean back and observe the fund & dance.
I'd be happier if that would mean some actual improvements, rather then other peoples misery.
Old Aug 8, 2013, 8:28 am

From my experience the LX Senator lounge iN ZRH is packed enough as it is. It was standing room only one lunchtime.
Old Aug 8, 2013, 9:35 am

Programs: LX Senator; AF Platinum and Club 2000; AA Platinum for life (former EXP)
I see only downside

I am a devoted LX flyer. Frankly letting UA flyers have easier access to the LX Senator lounge in Zurich is not music to my ears. Particularly since when flying out of SFO LX Senators and C flyers are sentenced to the putrid UA Club. It is beyond awful. Tired, dirty, surly indolent employees, no food. In a word a lounge that confirms why one should never fly UA anywhere. So why give their flyers an upgrade when there is nothing in return for us. Ugh.
Old Aug 8, 2013, 9:44 am

Programs: LH SEN, A3*G, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by oliver2002
If I believe all rumours out there right now Q3 & Q1/2014 will be certainly an adrenaline filled exciting time.
Pardon my ignorance and the total off-topic but, how is it possible to have secured SEN until 2/2017? I was thinking that you could only renew it for the next 2 years each time you qualified... now I'm secured until 02/2015 and I hope to qualify again in Nov... but I was thinking that this would only get me until 02/2016.
Old Aug 8, 2013, 9:55 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by flozano
Pardon my ignorance and the total off-topic but, how is it possible to have secured SEN until 2/2017? I was thinking that you could only renew it for the next 2 years each time you qualified... now I'm secured until 02/2015 and I hope to qualify again in Nov... but I was thinking that this would only get me until 02/2016.
If you last requalified in 2011 or 2012, your previous status expired in February 2013 and has been extended till February 2015. You have collected 100k status miles since January 2013, and your status will be extended till Feburary 2017 in due course.
Old Aug 8, 2013, 11:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
I agree that LH's Senator lounges are often too crowded because of the STARGold entry rules. However, this is in part created by the fact that STAR only has two elite tiers and Gold can be achieved relatively easily in all programs but M&M.
STAR should at least distinguish between programs 35K/50K/75K STARGolds and those who earn it at the top tier 100K threshold for Senator lounge access. (And no, I am not advocating those 100K elites get access to LH's FCLs or those of any other carriers having such facilities...though that would be a nice enhancement.)
Old Aug 8, 2013, 11:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Originally Posted by sfoeuroflyer
I am a devoted LX flyer. Frankly letting UA flyers have easier access to the LX Senator lounge in Zurich is not music to my ears. Particularly since when flying out of SFO LX Senators and C flyers are sentenced to the putrid UA Club. It is beyond awful. Tired, dirty, surly indolent employees, no food. In a word a lounge that confirms why one should never fly UA anywhere. So why give their flyers an upgrade when there is nothing in return for us. Ugh.
You can always use the SQ lounge at SFO (if it's open).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.