Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lufthansa Lounge Access

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12, 2013, 8:08 am
Original Poster

Lufthansa Lounge Access

I've just booked an award flight on United Airlines for a journey from MUC-SIN, the entire booking is in First (ie paid miles for First).

The journey is a bit circuitous because of some unforeseen circumstances, but I will have to take a MUC-FRA flight on Lufthansa before flying onwards to Singapore. Although I'll be sitting in Business on my LH flight from MUC-FRA, can I still access the FCLs in MUC and FRA?

For reference, my onwards flight from FRA is with Thai in First, to Bangkok. If I can't use the FCL in FRA, what lounge should I use instead?

Thanks!
Old Jun 12, 2013, 10:49 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Welcome to FT, firedude6!

Where is your flight originating? Are you just flying MUC-FRA-BKK-SIN or are you connecting in MUC from somewhere else in F?

If you are flying MUC-FRA on LH in C and FRA-BKK on TG in F, you cannot access the FCL in MUC or FRA. You can access the Senator Lounge in FRA which is designated as the First Class Lounge for *A carriers. In MUC you can only access the Business Lounge with your Business BP to FRA (unless you are *G), but you might be able to access the Senator Lounge because you are connecting to TG in F. YMMV.
Old Jun 12, 2013, 12:10 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
More lounge questions

Next week I leave from DTW-FRA in LH first, layover 10hrs, then continue FRA-MUC in LH biz, about 1hr layover, then lastly MUC-JNB in SA biz.

Will I have access to the FRA First Class Lounge 1) on arrival and 2) If I depart the terminal to check out downtown then return to the terminal?

For the lounge I am hoping to get a shower and perhaps a bit to eat/drink.

Thank you.
Old Jun 12, 2013, 12:32 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Originally Posted by Surface Interval
Next week I leave from DTW-FRA in LH first, layover 10hrs, then continue FRA-MUC in LH biz, about 1hr layover, then lastly MUC-JNB in SA biz.

Will I have access to the FRA First Class Lounge 1) on arrival and 2) If I depart the terminal to check out downtown then return to the terminal?

For the lounge I am hoping to get a shower and perhaps a bit to eat/drink.

Thank you.
Yes and yes, as long as it is all on the same day (of arrival). I suggest you go to the FCT on your return from downtown.

You should also be able to use the FCL in MUC. When you arrive from FRA go straight to the FCL by gate G21, go through passport control in the lounge and leave on level H.
Old Jun 12, 2013, 3:16 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the response NewbieRunner, I'll be sure to ask when I'm in MUC.
Old Jun 13, 2013, 8:24 am

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
Yes and yes, as long as it is all on the same day (of arrival). I suggest you go to the FCT on your return from downtown.

You should also be able to use the FCL in MUC. When you arrive from FRA go straight to the FCL by gate G21, go through passport control in the lounge and leave on level H.
Thank you for the quick reply.

Will the FCL allow leaving of a carryon bag?
Any tips for a day trip to Frankfurt?
Old Jun 13, 2013, 9:04 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
All LH lounges in FRA are rubbish with the exception to the FCL and FCT. EK and BA has much better lounges.
Old Jun 14, 2013, 9:15 pm

Originally Posted by NA-Flyer
All LH lounges in FRA are rubbish with the exception to the FCL and FCT. EK and BA has much better lounges.
Rubbish is harsh. I prefer the SEN lounges any day than paying over 10€ for a coffee and small sandwich in the cafés. Shape up your attitude.
Old Jun 14, 2013, 11:34 pm

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
Sure ...but you can get 3 years of access by crediting some 20K+ miles to A3 .... you have to keep that in perspective ...
Old Jun 15, 2013, 6:37 pm

From what I have found written about the FCT - I am very much looking forward to that experience!
Old Jun 15, 2013, 10:48 pm

From what I have found written about the FCT - I am very much looking forward to that experience!
Easy to go to Frankfurt or Mainz with the train. FCT is always worth it IMO.
Old Jun 15, 2013, 10:50 pm

That seems a tad harsh...please elaborate. Sure, they are busy...
Old Jun 18, 2013, 3:21 pm

Unfortunately it does not appear that I will be able to visit the FCT - I am not leaving in F, only arriving . . .

That said, which is better the arrivals lounge or the FCL?
Old Jun 18, 2013, 3:53 pm

Unfortunately it does not appear that I will be able to visit the FCT - I am not leaving in F, only arriving . . .

That said, which is better the arrivals lounge or the FCL?
So what's your itinerary? DTW-FRA in LH F, FRA-MUC in LH C and MUC-JNB in SA C? Or has it changed? If you arrive in LH F, you can still use the FCL or FCT (if you have a connecting flight on LH/LX) as an arrival lounge. The FCL is much nicer than the Arrival Lounge.
Old Jun 18, 2013, 3:59 pm

So what's your itinerary? DTW-FRA in LH F, FRA-MUC in LH C and MUC-JNB in SA C? Or has it changed? If you arrive in LH F, you can still use the FCL or FCT (if you have a connecting flight on LH/LX) as an arrival lounge. The FCL is much nicer than the Arrival Lounge.
Still arriving in F and departing in C as described. I noticed a note on my First Class ticket holder stating "Please note that the LH FCT at FRA is reserved for passengers who start their journey in FRA". A bit of digging on their website yields "Access to the First Class Terminal at Frankfurt Airport is only possible with a confirmed same-day departing First Class flight on Lufthansa or SWISS. HON Circle Members may access the First Class Terminal with a same-day departing flight on Lufthansa, SWISS or Austrian Airlines. Access to the First Class Terminal is not permitted for arriving passengers."

Do they not enforce this?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.