Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lufthansa Lounge Access

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25, 2013, 5:49 pm

Another question... I'll be arriving from ICN on OZ in F and departing for LHR on LH in C. Will I have access to the F lounges, Senator lounges, or business lounges? I'll be in FRA for less than 3 hours so it won't make a huge difference really, but I'd like to make the most of the opportunity.
Old Jun 25, 2013, 8:09 pm

Programs: BAEC, M&L, Bonvoy
Originally Posted by alenguy
Another question... I'll be arriving from ICN on OZ in F and departing for LHR on LH in C. Will I have access to the F lounges, Senator lounges, or business lounges? I'll be in FRA for less than 3 hours so it won't make a huge difference really, but I'd like to make the most of the opportunity.
You'll have access to SEN lounges, which are F lounges for *A partners.
Old Jun 26, 2013, 3:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by volta
I think the arrival lounge SEN (F) is only for SEN/HON and LH metal passengers (inbound)- in which case the OP will have access to the business class lounge IIRC. Paging NewbieRunner.....
Old Jun 26, 2013, 3:16 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG
Originally Posted by volta
I think the arrival lounge SEN (F) is only for SEN/HON and LH metal passengers (inbound)- in which case the OP will have access to the business class lounge IIRC. Paging NewbieRunner.....
That's my understanding based on my reading of the lounge access rules.

Code:
                  Lufthansa
                  Senator
                  Lounge 

Star Alliance     First Class Star Alliance 
First Class       boarding pass for 
Ticket            a same-day departing flight
Old Jun 27, 2013, 7:15 pm

As a *G though, I should be allowed access to the Senator lounge, correct?
Old Jun 27, 2013, 8:24 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Originally Posted by alenguy
As a *G though, I should be allowed access to the Senator lounge, correct?
Yes.
Old Jun 28, 2013, 11:59 am

I've got a similar question. I am departing on Lufthansa to San Francisco in first class. My wife is leaving on US airways to Charlotte in economy. Will I be able to take her with me into the first class lounge? Or do we have to go to the senator lounge.
Old Jun 28, 2013, 12:33 pm

Programs: BAEC, M&L, Bonvoy
Originally Posted by MarioRossi
I've got a similar question. I am departing on Lufthansa to San Francisco in first class. My wife is leaving on US airways to Charlotte in economy. Will I be able to take her with me into the first class lounge? Or do we have to go to the senator lounge.
The rule for FCL/FCT is same flight

You could (should) try FCL in FRA (maybe nice lounge dragon will let you and your wife in), but if going strictly by the rules, SEN lounge it is
Old Jun 28, 2013, 12:33 pm

Originally Posted by MarioRossi
I am departing on Lufthansa to San Francisco in first class. My wife is leaving on US airways to Charlotte in economy.

Will I be able to take her with me into the first class lounge? Or do we have to go to the senator lounge.
However, she might forgive you.

To access the First Class Terminal and the First Class Lounges travelling companions must present a valid boarding pass for the same flight as the passenger who invited them. Life partners, spouses and children under 18 years must present a valid boarding pass for a flight departing on the same day as the passenger who invited them.
Travelling companions, spouses or life partners and children must leave the lounge at the same time as the passenger who invited them.
You obviously can't invite her to the FCT but the FCL B should be ok.
Old Jun 28, 2013, 3:33 pm

Don't tell me. She insisted on flying Y because she thought that C was overpriced.

Great news about access though. Thanks very much for clarifying. I thought the passage was rather vague.
Old Jul 31, 2013, 6:14 pm

Programs: UA GS, *G
FCL and check in question

my son who is 15 is traveling by himself on LH FRA to DEN on a First class mileage ticket. He is arriving to FRA with a school trip on SQ. They are two different tickets. Will he have to collect his bag in FRA and then check in at LH? Can he use the FCT? Thanks
Old Aug 1, 2013, 3:15 pm

Programs: AA Plat
Hello! I'll be traveling PHL-FRA-OTP, with a 6 hour layover in FRA. I am *G traveling in Y. When I try to check lounge access on the *A web site, it says I have no access in FRA if I put in PHL-FRA. If I put FRA-OTP, it says I can access the lounges. Will they deny me because I am in transit originating in PHL? I hope not! I'll be coming and going from Terminal 1, there seem to be multiple lounges in that terminal. Any that are better than others? Thanks in advance!
Old Aug 1, 2013, 3:25 pm

Originally Posted by higgies
Hello! I'll be traveling PHL-FRA-OTP, with a 6 hour layover in FRA. I am *G traveling in Y. When I try to check lounge access on the *A web site, it says I have no access in FRA if I put in PHL-FRA. If I put FRA-OTP, it says I can access the lounges. Will they deny me because I am in transit originating in PHL? I hope not! I'll be coming and going from Terminal 1, there seem to be multiple lounges in that terminal. Any that are better than others? Thanks in advance!
Of course you can access lounges in PHL as well as in FRA. Lounge access is usually based on the departing flight. Since flights to OTP depart from a non-Schengen B gate the most convenient lounge will be the SEN lounge opposite gate B42. However with a 6 hour layover you can leave the airport for a quick visit to Frankfurt or Mainz.
Old Aug 1, 2013, 3:35 pm

Programs: AA Plat
Thanks for the quick reply and the helpful information! I think the reason I might not get access in PHL is because my *G is from US, which is the owner of the *G lounge in PHL. That's likely why I don't get it on departure. Just my guess...
Old Aug 1, 2013, 3:52 pm

Originally Posted by higgies
Thanks for the quick reply and the helpful information! I think the reason I might not get access in PHL is because my *G is from US, which is the owner of the *G lounge in PHL. That's likely why I don't get it on departure. Just my guess...
Don't you have access to a lounge if departing on an international flight?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.