Wiki Posts
Search

LOT Polish 787 Dreamliner experience reports

Search this Thread

Old Nov 14, 2013, 2:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
Originally Posted by lem144
I still highly recommend avoiding LOT because of their terrible customer service. The short 787 experience is not worth the possibility of being humiliated by their staff and treated like garbage.

AVOID LOT AIRLINES!
oh please, the likelihood of being treated like garbage by a US-based airline is much higher than the same of LOT.

You could pull up any airline review site with similar horror stories.
Dhamal likes this.
Old Nov 14, 2013, 4:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by aterug
That is kind of crazy- how would they ask for it back - could you not have refused to give it back ?
Originally Posted by rankourabu
oh please, the likelihood of being treated like garbage by a US-based airline is much higher than the same of LOT.

You could pull up any airline review site with similar horror stories.
OK, so you had a bad experience on LOT. It happens. I just had 4 legs on LOT - 2 TATL on the 787 and 2 within Europe. In all cases the only problem I had was that the food was horrible. But the service was excellent and performed by crews that had clearly been meticulously trained in every detail - down to making sure that the amenity kit was presented to me with the label facing toward me. Each time I wanted a refill on my wine they came out with a fresh glass and presented me the bottle for my approval. The lounge in WAW was nicely stocked with food and beverages and at AMS they used the very nice KLM lounge.
Old Nov 25, 2013, 4:48 pm

Programs: Air Canada, Hyatt
Question LOT 787 Experiances ?

Hey guys,

Flying on LO's 787 Y & J cabin's soon, I want you ask if anyone has any experiences they can share about their travels in either cabin?
Old Nov 25, 2013, 5:25 pm

Programs: A3 Gold, LH FTL
Originally Posted by rafi2k6
Hey guys,

Flying on LO's 787 Y & J cabin's soon, I want you ask if anyone has any experiences they can share about their travels in either cabin?
search is your friend, oh maybe you didnt find it because of the spelling
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/miles...ts-merged.html
Old Nov 26, 2013, 3:14 pm

Programs: Air Canada, Hyatt
Originally Posted by kanor
search is your friend, oh maybe you didnt find it because of the spelling
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/miles...ts-merged.html
thanks!

English isn't my first language

thanks again
Old Nov 26, 2013, 9:17 pm

I still highly recommend avoiding LOT because of their terrible customer service. The short 787 experience is not worth the possibility of being humiliated by their staff and treated like garbage.

AVOID LOT AIRLINES!
So you had one bad experience with IRROPS. That is no fun to be sure, but it is also not necessarily indicative of the overall B787 experience, would you not agree?
Old Nov 26, 2013, 9:21 pm

AVOID LOT AIRLINES!
To be honest, your story sounds a little strange. You obviously have never experienced IRROPS before..
Old Dec 1, 2013, 5:26 am

Programs: Several here and there, but not as many during my road warrior days!
Just flew WAW to JFK on LO26 in Business. Nice cabin, and I like the bright airy feel and large windows. We had the "C" plane or the third plane that has had issues, but thankfully our flight went well. It was my first time flying LOT and I must say they need to train the flight attendants. Service was very spotty and english skills were lacking. Just like most US flight attendants they disappeared to the galley between meal services and never offered water or beverages in between the meals. The food was very comparable to US International flights.

Would I fly LOT again? Sure, as the 787 really was fantastic and I felt great coming off the flight.

Last edited by sonomawine; Dec 1, 2013 at 6:01 am
Old Dec 1, 2013, 7:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sonomawine
It was my first time flying LOT and I must say they need to train the flight attendants. Service was very spotty and english skills were lacking.
I'm surprised, my crews ORD-WAW-ORD were perfectly trained, attentive, and spoke great English. Goes to show it all depends on the crew you get.
Old Dec 1, 2013, 9:59 am

[QUOTE=milepig;21881960]I'm surprised, my crews ORD-WAW-ORD were perfectly trained, attentive, and spoke great English. Goes to show it all depends on the crew you get.[/QUOTE

The flight attendants working our aisle, couldn't understand white vs. red wine in English, and never once was my food, napping, glass or tablecloth placed on the tray for me, it was always handed because it would've take too much effort to bend over and place it on the tray. The lady next to me had the remainder of my water poured on her as the flight attendant "slung" the glass when removing, didn't even notice he spilled on her and walked off.
Old Dec 1, 2013, 2:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

[QUOTE=sonomawine;21882441]
Originally Posted by milepig
I'm surprised, my crews ORD-WAW-ORD were perfectly trained, attentive, and spoke great English. Goes to show it all depends on the crew you get.[/QUOTE

The flight attendants working our aisle, couldn't understand white vs. red wine in English, and never once was my food, napping, glass or tablecloth placed on the tray for me, it was always handed because it would've take too much effort to bend over and place it on the tray. The lady next to me had the remainder of my water poured on her as the flight attendant "slung" the glass when removing, didn't even notice he spilled on her and walked off.
Wow. Night and day difference from my flight. Although in reverse, you say the food was normal - mine was pig slop.
Old Dec 4, 2013, 7:05 pm

[QUOTE=milepig;21883569]
Originally Posted by sonomawine

Wow. Night and day difference from my flight. Although in reverse, you say the food was normal - mine was pig slop.
I think we are saying the same thing, as food comparable to US International flights = pig slop
Old Dec 4, 2013, 9:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

[QUOTE=sonomawine;21905320]
Originally Posted by milepig

I think we are saying the same thing, as food comparable to US International flights = pig slop
NO!!!! Food on UA, for example, may be uninspired but is completely edible and of a reasonable portion size. (and you get a sundae!) My chow on LOT wouldn't have kept a gnat alive for long and tasted like crap. Pig slop. Swill. You get the picture.
Old Dec 4, 2013, 10:01 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA Premier Gold
I still highly recommend avoiding LOT because of their terrible customer service.
Well, I guess you wanted to say to customer service at all in case of IRROPS.
I remember one episode in WAW, when my plane was delayed due to technical reasons.
Dont expect LOT to put you on the next available flight - NO - LOT wants you to wait until the plane is repaired, which could take 3 hours or 6 hours.
So, I left the secure departure area and went landside. At the LOT ticket counter, they have changed my ticket to next available flight (of course after much reluctance in the beginning).
Old Dec 5, 2013, 3:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
Originally Posted by warakorn
Well, I guess you wanted to say to customer service at all in case of IRROPS.
I remember one episode in WAW, when my plane was delayed due to technical reasons.
Dont expect LOT to put you on the next available flight - NO - LOT wants you to wait until the plane is repaired, which could take 3 hours or 6 hours.
So, I left the secure departure area and went landside. At the LOT ticket counter, they have changed my ticket to next available flight (of course after much reluctance in the beginning).
At that point, you pull out EU regulations, and stand your ground. Problem solved.
FEasy likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.