Community
Wiki Posts
Search

No more Exit Row Reservation for SEN on OS!

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21, 2014, 2:58 pm

Programs: LH MM**, HH Silver
Originally Posted by weero
Yes there seems to be no integration between the fully integrated carriers. Trying to access an LH ticket when in ZRH is such an example of planning brilliance....
I've mentioned it in another thread some weeks ago - I've been doing quite some segments on LH and OS since January, ticketed on 724 stock... Besides the OS exit row crap I have to manually retro credit every single LH and OS segments via M&M.com, and have to wait for 14 days before doing so due to the grace period, even though I know the fights just will not get credited automatically. Integration par excellence.
Old Mar 21, 2014, 7:44 pm

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
Originally Posted by whiskey_sk
..have to wait for 14 days before doing so due to the grace period, even though I know the fights just will not get credited automatically..
Yes I hate that too. But to be fair this crap is much worse with OneWorld. If it doesn't credit within 48 hours, you know you will have to mail the stuff repeatedly until it will surface ...
Originally Posted by Mbcan
Well, I can tell you it is a problem because instead of sitting with an empty seat next to me as SEN I ended in a normal seat and I was seated next to two fat ladies
The smiley indicates that you actually liked that.

I can relate to it - I got stuck between two voluminous beauties on the intra-island shuttle on Haiwaii a long while back. It felt right and wrong at the same time. Getting a middle seat between two POS was the immediate punishment for not holding status with the airline but it was a punishment gone wrong ....
Not to mention that exit row was empty and immediately after announcement "boarding completed" two other pax changed their seats to exit row…
So OS and these passengers corrected 'your' mistake ...
Old Mar 27, 2014, 9:30 am

Programs: LH Senator ★
Today I have received email from Austrian:
----
We have checked your booking with our special department and unfortunately
we have to inform you that seat reservation is only possible for you free of charge and not for the travel partners.
----
Enhanced properly...
Please note this wasn't exit row (!) Just three seats together for family.
Old Mar 27, 2014, 10:12 am

Originally Posted by JanoSicek
Today I have received email from Austrian:
----
We have checked your booking with our special department and unfortunately
we have to inform you that seat reservation is only possible for you free of charge and not for the travel partners.
----
Enhanced properly...
Please note this wasn't exit row (!) Just three seats together for family.
Guys, I really have difficulties understanding the intent behind a decision like this. What is the (perceived) saving or profit for OS in doing this?
Old Mar 27, 2014, 10:48 am

Guys, I really have difficulties understanding the intent behind a decision like this. What is the (perceived) saving or profit for OS in doing this?
Have short haul seat allocations for non-SEN/HONs ever existed on LH/LX/OS?
Old Mar 27, 2014, 11:06 am

Originally Posted by weero
Have short haul seat allocations for non-SEN/HONs ever existed on LH/LX/OS?
well, JanoSicek is a SEN. And there were times (long gone) when you as a SEN/HON could reserve any seats (including exit rows) for yourself and the passengers on the same PNR.
And now on a random segment it asks you for 10/15eur, and the remaining 3 segments allows you to choose (non-elite) seats freely. The only intent I can find in this is to piss off your customers...
Old Mar 27, 2014, 11:40 am

Programs: LH Senator ★
I am a SEN, my family is not.
Three people on 4 segments = 12 seats required.
10 were given for free, 2 are paid (!)
That is absolute mess at OS.
Old Mar 27, 2014, 6:38 pm

well, JanoSicek is a SEN. And there were times (long gone) when you as a SEN/HON could reserve any seats (including exit rows) for yourself and the passengers on the same PNR...
I do not fly OS enough but on LH, I could never allocate an exit row seat for me and my companion (shorthaul or longhaul).

On short hauls I could never allocate any seat but mine (which then also was never honoured by LH btw), so I am not sure if this is 'enhancement' or 'integration' ....
Old Oct 22, 2014, 6:33 am

Emergency Exit Rows on OS

Hi all,

since a couple of months I noticed I can never select any of the seats in the emergency exit rows during OLCI (not even thinking about ASR) on OS European short haul flights.

The funny thing is that during my last 3 flights with OS the machine was pretty much full - but the exit rows where empty? I asked the FA if I can just snag one of those and she was okay with it but I wonder what the concept here is?

Last week I asked at the city terminal in VIE if the lady could assign me a seat and she said 'No' (was quite rude anyway) while the lounge agent in VIE was able to do it without issues and to my suprise I was the only one in 12 exit row seats again.

I asked the FA on the machine and she said she had no idea why this happens.

What is going on here?

Thanks,
fassy
Old Oct 22, 2014, 7:01 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
OS switched to paid ASR for EE seats for regional flights too earlier this year.
Old Oct 22, 2014, 7:12 am

You were lucky to be allowed to change to those seats inflight or at the CI counter.

They're sold, no more freebies, even for SEN/HON, it's pay up or no Exit Row for you. Their crews and ground personal should not give them out unless getting paid for it.

The good thing about your report is that apparently people are boycotting it, and all that OS gets with this measurement is to make some of their frequent fliers being pissed and hopefully moving to a carrier that sees loyalty as a two-way thing.
Old Oct 22, 2014, 7:53 am

Wow, really? That is a silly idea... I see that they want to charge for ASR of EE seating but when the regular CI is open those seats should be free for all.

Isn't it even against regulation flying a full plane but have no pax in both rows with the emergency exists? Who will open them if there is an actual emergency?

Will see what the lounge agent will say for tonight's flight - even if I hope to get an opup as I'm on a Y ticket and the flight looks more than full.

Edit:// and just to add... How would you buy up to get those seats? I never saw an option during OLCI to pay and select them using the full Austrian website. They just always try to upswell me into Business for 100 to 200 Euros

Last edited by fassy; Oct 22, 2014 at 8:01 am
Old Oct 22, 2014, 2:14 pm

At least OS is consistent in their Opup procedures - got 1D

Anyway, the gate agent told me today that it is not an issue with paying for the seat. She said they removed the option in the OLCI system to select EE rows to make sure only able bodied pax which speak English or German will be in those seats - it seem they has a lot of complaints from crews in the last months which had to shuffle around pax which were unfit to sit in the EE rows.

She told me everybody can ask for the EE rows free of charge if physically present at the CI counter, lounge or gate - but not at OLCI

Not sure if true or not but at least an explanation which makes some sense

Last edited by fassy; Oct 22, 2014 at 2:19 pm
Old Oct 23, 2014, 12:37 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Found this in the OS seating guidelines, which is in line with fassy's statement:

Code:
                        GGAIROSSEATS          EN  30SEP14 1343Z                 
                             RESPONSIBLE:VIEOS098Z                              
                             LAST UPDATE:08APR14/MT                             

AUSTRIAN AIRLINES GROUP - ADVANCED SEAT RESERVATIONS/ASR                     
   --------------------------------------------------------                     
   ALL OS-GROUP (OS/VO-OPERATED) FLIGHTS ARE NON-SMOKING FLIGHTS.               

INDEX                                                                         
  -----                                                                         
  ADVANCED SEAT RESERVATIONS POLICY.......>MS022                                
  MANDATORY AND FACILITY SEATING..........>MS043                                
  INFANT SEATING ON A319/320/321..........>MS064                                
  SEATING ON CODE SHARE FLIGHTS...........>MS085                                
  SEATING IN EXIT ROWS....................>MS106                                
  EXIT ROW SEATS TO BUY...................>MS127                                
  SEN AND HON CIRCLE MEMBER SEATING.......>MS155                                

>m
    ADVANCED SEAT POLICY                                                        
    --------------------                                                        

INFORMATION REGARDING OS SEAT POLICY CAN BE FOUND ON                          

WWW.AUSTRIAN.COM -> INFO&SEAT -> FAVORITE SEAT                                

>m
 MANDATORY & FACILITY SEATING                                                   
 ----------------------------                                                   
 IRRESPECTIVE OF THE BOOKING CLASS, FOLLOWING PASSENGER CATEGORIES              
 MUST HAVE SEATS ALLOCATED IN ADVANCE:                                          

A: - HON CIRCLE MEMBERS                                                        
    - SENATOR CARD HOLDERS                                                      
            FAMILY SEATING                                                      
            --------------                                                      

FAMILIES TRAVELLING WITH CHILDREN AND INFANTS SHALL                           
  ALWAYS BE SEATED IN ADVANCE IN ORDER TO AVOID PROBLEMS                        
  AT CHECK-IN AND ON-BOARD. IF FAMILIES ARE BOOKED IN CHARGEABLE                
  CLASSES, ASR FOC IS NOT PROVIDED.                                             

SEATS FOR FAMILIES CAN NEVER BE ASSIGNED IN EMERGENCY EXIT                    
  ROWS.                                                                         

>m
            INFANT SEATING ON A319/320/321                                      
            ------------------------------                                      

A319:                                                                         

THE AIRCRAFT IS FULLY EQUIPPED ON LEFT AND RIGHT SIDE WITH                    
  ADDITIONAL OXYGEN MASKS FOR INFANTS.                                          

A320/321:                                                                     

PASSENGERS WITH INFANTS HAVE TO BE SEATED ON THE RIGHT SIDE                   
  OF THE AIRCRAFT (DEF SEATS) DUE TO LACK OF ADDITIONAL OXYGEN                  
  MASKS. ONLY ONE INFANT PER ROW IS PERMITTED. THE SYSTEM DOES                  
  NOT SEND A WARNING MESSAGE SO IT IS THE RESERVATION AGENT/S                   
  RESPONSIBILITY TO SEAT PASSENGERS CORRECTLY IN ORDER TO AVOID                 
  PROBLEMS AT CHECK IN AND ON BOARD OF THE AIRCRAFT.                            
  EXCEPTION: IN THE FIRST ROW LEFT AND RIGHT SIDE CAN BE USED.                  

>m
            SEATING ON CODESHARE FLIGHTS                                        
            ----------------------------                                        

SPECIAL RULES MAY APPLY ON CODE SHARE FLIGHTS THEREFORE                       
  ALWAYS CONSULT THE RESPECTIVE AIS PAGES.                                      
  THE GENERAL PROCEDURES CAN BE FOUND IN AIS:                                   
                               >GGAIROS COOP                                    
  THE SPECIFIC AGREEMENTS CAN BE FOUND IN AIS:                                  
                               >GGAIROS XX COOP                                 
  XX STANDS FOR THE AIRLINE CODE OF THE PARTNER                                 

>m
            SEATING IN EMERGENCY EXIT ROWS                                      
            ------------------------------                                      
  GENERAL:                                                                      
  THE EXIT ROWS ARE MARKED WITH A SLASH (/) IN SEAT MAPS.                       

DUE TO SAFETY REASONS, ONLY PASSENGERS WHO FULFILL THE                        
  SAFETY REQUIREMENTS ARE ENTITLED TO BE SEATED ON EXIT ROW SEATS:              
  PASSENGERS WHO APPEAR WILLING, PHYSICALLY AND MENTALLY ABLE TO OPEN           
  THE EMERGENCY EXIT IN CASE OF EMERGENCY EVACUATION.                           
  THEY SHALL BE AT LEAST 15 YEARS OLD.                                          

SPECIFIC SEATS IN THE EMERGENCY EXIT ROWS ON OS-GROUP FLIGHTS                 
  CANNOT BE BOOKED IN ADVANCE. THESE SEATS WILL BE ASSIGNED                     
  TO PASSENGERS AT CHECK-IN ONLY. EXCEPTION: SEE CHAPTER BELOW >MS190           

NOTE: NO EXCEPTIONS CAN BE MADE DUE TO SAFETY REASONS.                        

LONG RANGE FLIGHTS ON B767/777:                                               
  COMFORTABLE EXIT ROW SEATS "TO BUY" ARE OFFERED,                              
  FOR DETAILS SEE "EXIT ROW SEATS TO BUY" AT >MS190                             

>m
                EXIT ROW SEATS TO BUY                                           
                ---------------------                                           

THE ASSIGNMENT OF COMFORTABLE EXIT ROW SEATS WITH MORE                        
  LEG ROOM IS POSSIBLE AS A SPECIAL FEATURE OF THE                              
  AUSTRIAN 'RED SERVICES'- PRODUCT NAME 'REDLEGROOM'                            
  ON OS/VO OPERATED FLIGHTS TO/FROM:                                            
  - ALL LONG RANGE DESTINATIONS (B777/767) FOR EUR 70.-                         
  - DXB OPERATED BY B777/767 FOR EUR 70.-                                       
  - ALL MIDRANGE DESTINATIONS (A320FAM FLEET) FOR EUR 40.-                      

THE DEFINED EXIT ROW SEATS, AS PER PHM APPENDIX A 'FACILITY SEATING'          
  CAN BE BOUGHT VIA WEB CHECK-IN AND AT THE DEPARTURE STATION OF THE FLIGHT.    

WHEN PURCHASED AT THE DEPARTURE STATION:                                       
 - ISSUE MCO FOR RESPECTIVE CHARGE, SEE BELOW                                   
 - ADD SK 'WEXT' TO THE PNR                                                     

MCO-ISSUANCE:                                                                  
 -------------                                                                  
>m
 - HANDLING FEE MCO HAS TO BE ISSUED, ENDO-REMARK: EXIT ROW +                   
   FLIGHT NUMBER/DATE                                                           
 - THE EXCHANGE COUPON SHALL BE SENT TO EARP FOR ACCOUNTING                     
   PURPOSES.                                                                    

SPECIAL SENATOR AND HON CIRCLE MEMBER SEATING                          
         ---------------------------------------------                          

EFFECTIVE 12OCT04 A FEW SEAT ROWS ON ALL OS GROUP                             
  FLIGHTS ARE BLOCKED FOR PASSENGERS HOLDING A SENATOR                          
  CARD AND HON CIRCLE MEMBERS.                                                  

THE BLOCKINGS WILL BE IMPLEMENTED IN BOTH Y AND C                             
  COMPARTMENTS. THOSE SEATS WILL BE MARKED WITH V IN THE                        
  AMADEUS SEAT MAPS.                                                            

SM OS 0087/C/20OCTVIEJFK/V                                                    
  SM OS  087   C 20OCT VIEJFK        332                                        
         A  B     E  F     J  K                                                 
>m
  C 1    V  V     V  V     -  C   1 C                                           
    2    +  +     +  .     +  +   2                                             
    3    +  +     .  .     +  +   3                                             

IF THE SENATOR/HON CIRCLE CARD NUMBER IS ENTERED IN THE                       
  PNR AS SSR FQTV JUST BOOK THE DESIRED SEAT. THE LETTER V                      
  IS NOT VISIBLE IN THE SEAT MAP.                                               

SM OS 0087/C/20OCTVIEJFK/V                                                    
  SM OS  087   C 20OCT VIEJFK        332                                        
         A  B     E  F     J  K                                                 
  C 1    .  .     .  .     -  C   1 C                                           

THE SEAT WILL BE CONFIRMED IMMEDIATELY.                                       
  THE ADJACENT SEATS MAY BE ASSIGNED TO PASSENGERS                              
  ACCOMPANYING THE SENATOR/HON CIRCLE PASSENGER PROVIDED                        
  THEY ARE BOOKED IN THE SAME PNR.                                              

>m

THE SEAT WILL BE CONFIRMED IMMEDIATELY.                                       
  THE ADJACENT SEATS MAY BE ASSIGNED TO PASSENGERS                              
  ACCOMPANYING THE SENATOR/HON CIRCLE PASSENGER PROVIDED                        
  THEY ARE BOOKED IN THE SAME PNR.                                              

THE V SEATS CANNOT BE BOOKED FOR OTHER CUSTOMERS. IF                          
  REQUESTING SUCH A SEAT FOR A NON SENATOR OR A NON HON                         
  CIRCLE PASSENGER THE SEAT REQUEST WILL BE RETURNED WITH                       
  THE ADVICE CODE UN PLUS                                                       
  SSR OTHS 1A VIEJFK087C20OCT.SEAT NOT AVLB.                                    

FURTHERMORE, SEATING FOR HON/SEN IS OFFERED IN ALL BOOKING                    
  CLASSES ON ALL OS OPERATED FLTS UP TO 24HRS BEF DEP.                          

--   END OF THE PAGE SEATING  --                                 
>

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.