Wiki Posts
Search

Adria Airways (JP) joins Optiontown

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24, 2013, 12:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SK Gold, AF Gold, Marriott Platinum
Adria Airways (JP) joins Optiontown

Might not be hot off the press, but I've just noticed that JP have recently joined Optiontown as their sole future platform for offering last-minute upgrades. Granted, their C section is just as miserable as any NEK option out there today, but still, the upgrade prices are more than affordable (for instance, 25€ LJU-BEG one-way, 50€ LJU-BRU one-way etc.), making it a viable option for those of us without *G status who still wish to benefit from the lounge access, free adjacent seat, better meal and so on. Quote from the website:

Adria Airways, along with its technology partner Optiontown, introduced a suite of six Travel Options to enrich their customers’ travel experience.

Once an option is purchased, Optiontown’s patented algorithms dynamically take a decision closer to the flight departure. If the option is not successfully assigned, the option price is automatically refunded within five working days.

One of the six products is the Upgrade Travel Option (UTo), which will give Economy class passengers travelling on Adria Airways, the opportunity to travel in Business Class for up to 75% less than the regular fares and experience the comforts of premium travel, together with a host of Business Class benefits onboard as well as at the airports.

The second product is the Empty Seat Option (ESo) that offer Economy class passengers of Adria Airways a chance to get Empty Seats next to their seats at a nominal price and make the journey a lot more comfortable.

The Preferred Flight Option (PFo), is another product offered on Adria Airways that allows travelers a chance to be moved to the preferred choice flight at a nominal price, which the traveler could not secure whilst booking his flights. To sign-up for PFo, customers need to simply select the preferred flight and pay a small sign-up price and a nominal PFo price. Before departure, Optiontown may shift the customer to the preferred flight and notify via email.

The Flexible Reward Option (FRo), allows passengers to earn rewards for travel flexibility. If the customer is flexible with travel plans and does not mind arriving later on the same day or another day, FRo helps you to earn cash rewards.

The Preferred Seat Option (PSo) is an innovative program that offers travelers a chance to get Preferred Seats for their flights at a nominal price and makes the journey a lot more comfortable. With PSo, you may choose to get your favorite aisle seat, window seat bulk-head seat or front row seat or any other special type of seat you may desire.

The Multiple Booking option (MBo) allows travellers to hold confirmed availability on additional flight(s) of their choice. They can choose the flight they want to fly on up to 1 day before departure. Thus, MBo provides greater travel flexibility and enhances their travel experience.

The services can be availed at www.adria.si and www.optiontown.com.
Old Mar 26, 2013, 4:45 am

Programs: M&M FTL, A3*G, HH Gold
Does anyone know how the miles for such upgraded flights are credited?
Old Mar 26, 2013, 7:28 am
Original Poster

I had exactly the same question, so I sent an e-mail to JP. They swiftly told me to contact the Slovenian Miles & More team with that question. Not sure why - JP should know how their own booking classes work. I'll probably get round to calling in by the end of the week and will post results.
Old Mar 27, 2013, 4:00 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
UTo normally results in a reissue of the ticket in a higher booking class, one would assume this will be the case for JP too
Old Mar 27, 2013, 10:14 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the info. All that remains to be seen, then, is if it's Z or C/D
Old Sep 13, 2013, 3:34 am

Optiontown on JP

...JP M&M told me that I would not be credited miles from a higher class after an optiontown upgrade...
Old Sep 13, 2013, 11:45 am

Nice little airline. BTW you can get into their lounge with Priority Pass.
Old Sep 15, 2013, 2:50 am

Programs: SQ G, LH FTL, UA S, Marriott Plat, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by sp4294
Nice little airline. BTW you can get into their lounge with Priority Pass.
Well, it's not *their* lounge, it's operated by Ljubljana Airport. One of the better regional (ex-Yugoslavia) lounges though.
Old Sep 16, 2013, 12:54 am

Originally Posted by hdogan
Well, it's not *their* lounge, it's operated by Ljubljana Airport. One of the better regional (ex-Yugoslavia) lounges though.
I stand corrected. I should have been clearer and said: their contract lounge - hence the PP.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.