Wiki Posts
Search

LH drops Augsburg Airways

Search this Thread

Old Oct 27, 2012, 5:21 pm
Original Poster

Programs: LatamPass Gold, SAS EBB, M&M
LH drops Augsburg Airways

Augsburg Airways will no longer operate flights for LH from 26 October 2013 onwards. I wonder who will take over their current Q400 regional routes - Cityline perhaps?

http://www.airliners.net/aviation-fo....main/5596949/
Old Oct 28, 2012, 6:04 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Originally Posted by krzysz
Cityline perhaps?
I guess there will be no Citiline in 2013 - only Germanwings
Old Oct 28, 2012, 6:49 am

Programs: LH SEN, SQ Gold
Germanwings is an all-A319 operation at this point, but not all routes have the potential to fill up A319's regularly. It just doesn't make sense.

So I guess it comes down to see how LH pulls the aircraft with less capacity (just like the E195 of Augsburg Airways, LH Regional and Air Dolomiti) into mainline or Germanwings.
Old Oct 28, 2012, 11:32 am

Programs: LH HON
As this means, that the dashs will leave the fleet, i'm a little conerned about NUE-MUC (which I can't imagine to be upgauged to a crj)... Let's hope for Air dolomiti's ATRs...
Old Oct 28, 2012, 12:15 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold | Hilton Diamond | Hyatt Plat | UA 1K | HA Plat| Hertz President's circle
Originally Posted by TT-Jones
Germanwings is an all-A319 operation at this point, but not all routes have the potential to fill up A319's regularly. It just doesn't make sense.

So I guess it comes down to see how LH pulls the aircraft with less capacity (just like the E195 of Augsburg Airways, LH Regional and Air Dolomiti) into mainline or Germanwings.
It has been made very clear that the new Germanwings will have flights op'ed by Eurowings CRJ900's Eurowings will only be operating on behalf of Germanwings.

I'm sure cityline will run routes from FRA and MUC and mostly Air Dolomiti out of MUC. As LH regional
Old Oct 29, 2012, 3:00 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
The E19x operated by IQ belong to LH for the most part (only 2 are leased) so they will go back to CL, the Q400s will leave the LH regional family, but perhaps reappear working for LX/OS/etc as wetlease. FRA/MUC regional ops will certainly be all EN/CL operated in the future.
Old Oct 29, 2012, 4:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by oliver2002
The E19x operated by IQ belong to LH for the most part (only 2 are leased) so they will go back to CL, the Q400s will leave the LH regional family, but perhaps reappear working for LX/OS/etc as wetlease. FRA/MUC regional ops will certainly be all EN/CL operated in the future.
What happens to the ATR operated by Air Dolomiti in this overall scenario?
Old Oct 29, 2012, 4:56 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

My guess is you will see more ATR42 service operated by EN out of MUC.
Old Oct 29, 2012, 4:02 pm

Programs: plenty
My guess is you will see more ATR42 service operated by EN out of MUC.
i would be surprised since they got rid of all ATR42 quite some time ago... maybe you re thinking of the ATR72?

Any way in my opinion Augsburg was by far the best and most professional of all the Team Lufthansa airlines, I will miss them and hope they will find some way to survive this...
Old Oct 30, 2012, 2:00 am

Yes, I meant ATR 72. It seems LH has decided to end the lease on those too... EN is supposed to become a pure E19x operator.
Old Oct 30, 2012, 2:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yes, I meant ATR 72. It seems LH has decided to end the lease on those too... EN is supposed to become a pure E19x operator.
This is very nice from a comfort point of view for the passengers.

Hopefully there is enough demand to support the continued schedules and routes of EN in this scenario.
Old Oct 30, 2012, 2:20 am

I'm very surprised LH decided to kick out the Q400 and ATR fleet so fast. In MUCforum and Crewlounge people are saying this will make the short hops like STR/NUE/etc-FRA/MUC uneconomical as jets supposedly consume more fuel on these routes. Who knows, I suppose time will tell.
Old Oct 30, 2012, 1:11 pm

I'm very surprised LH decided to kick out the Q400 and ATR fleet so fast. In MUCforum and Crewlounge people are saying this will make the short hops like STR/NUE/etc-FRA/MUC uneconomical as jets supposedly consume more fuel on these routes. Who knows, I suppose time will tell.
Well, nue-fra has been all-jet for years but MUC... See it being axed without turboprops left in the fleet
Old Mar 27, 2013, 9:34 am

Programs: BD the last decent FFP
ch-aviation on Augsburg airline potential liquidation
Augsburg Airways (IQ, Munich Franz Josef Strauss International (MUC)) is expected to be liquidated by October 31 of this year when its wet-lease agreements with Lufthansa (LH, Frankfurt International (FRA)) and Swiss (LX, Zurich Kloten (ZRH)) end according to a report by local newspaper Augsburger Allgemeine. Lufthansa had announced last year that it would not extend its wet-lease agreement with Augsburg Airways from the end of the upcoming IATA summer timetable period. Augsburg Airways currently operates seven Dash 8-400s on behalf of Lufthansa and one for Swiss as well as five EMB-195s for Lufthansa. The EMB-195s are expected to be transferred to Lufthansa subsidiary Lufthansa CityLine (CL, Cologne/Bonn Konrad Adenauer (CGN)).
Old Mar 27, 2013, 9:45 am

GDS still has IQ for LX flights beyond October... and I received a mail 2 weeks or so ago from the regional LX manager informing me, that IQ is taking over NUE-ZRH because otherwise they couldn't offer it economically anymore...

this is getting interesting...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.