Search

LH Z Upgrade after "enhancements"

Search this Thread

Old Sep 8, 2012, 2:28 pm
Formerly known as koeche
Original Poster

Programs: LX HON, QR Plat, Hilton Diamond, Windows 11, Adobe Creative Suite
LH Z Upgrade after "enhancements"

I'm booked LH MUC-PVG in Z class and understand that after the "enhancements" took place it's no longer possible to upgrade with miles from Z to F.

Is there any procedure that still allows me to do it? For example I could go now and pay a bit more to get D class. But that still does not guarantee that a miles upgrade will pass. So for sure I'm only spending more money if I can really do the upgrade.

Anybody has already made some experiences?
Old Sep 8, 2012, 3:25 pm

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Originally Posted by koeche
For example I could go now and pay a bit more to get D class. But that still does not guarantee that a miles upgrade will pass. So for sure I'm only spending more money if I can really do the upgrade.
I have a gut feeling that with D+HON you can get the upgrade easily. LH likes this type of combinations. Always avoid Z or P and then you will have a good chance. Just ask your HON line to wait list you and I am sure it will clear shortly if not on the spot.
Old Sep 9, 2012, 1:46 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
For my routes, it's not worth buying D-class over Z-class, just to get an upgrade into F.

I would rather fly another airline which has a better business product for the same money - than fly LH and having to blow miles for upgrading!
Old Sep 9, 2012, 2:49 am

Programs: LH HON
Probably just bad luck.. On a recent Z booking... F6A3O2... Paid up to D, took about an hour to re-ticket... By that time, F0A0O0... So ~ 1000 Euros to sit in the very same seat...
Old Sep 9, 2012, 2:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
Originally Posted by daumueller
Probably just bad luck.. On a recent Z booking... F6A3O2... Paid up to D, took about an hour to re-ticket... By that time, F0A0O0... So ~ 1000 Euros to sit in the very same seat...
That's exactly what LH wanted to achieve with the new rules!
Old Sep 9, 2012, 3:29 am
Formerly known as koeche
Original Poster

Well, at least you got some more miles ... But yes, this is ridiculous and frustrating specially what you've experienced. And that's what I want to avoid.

Maybe I should just go with crappy LH biz, I'm kinda spoiled from LX and it's always good to see the dark side once in a while.
Old Sep 9, 2012, 3:31 am

Programs: LH HON, BA LT Gold, AFKL ULTI, WOH Lifetime Globalist, Bonvoy Ambassador
Originally Posted by Rambuster
and really amazing to see that people actually play along...
Old Sep 9, 2012, 3:41 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by MumbaiDan
Quite amazing!
Old Sep 9, 2012, 3:52 am

Programs: A3 Gold, AA Platinum, Marriott & Discovery Platinum, IGH Diamond
I have some eVouchers left and I will probably let those expire. With Z to F upgrade those offered some value, now that you have to buy higher fare just to get a chance to maybe be able to use one - LH can keep those.

and EK and SQ will keep my money in meantime

Regards,

El Puerco Volante
Old Sep 9, 2012, 5:07 am

Programs: LH HON
Originally Posted by MumbaiDan
Well, if it would work, I'd indeed be willing to pay ~ 4000 euros + evouchers for an f flight (of more than 11 hours). Still, tried it once, didn't work so won't try again. If they would come up with guaranteed upgrades (Kind of Miles and Cash), I'd probably go for it again... That is on routes with no alternatives (like DEN for ex€
Old Sep 9, 2012, 5:16 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
For some routes there's still LX which allows Z > F upgrades with eVouchers. Even if it doesn't work you won't end up on the slide of horror.
Old Sep 9, 2012, 7:18 am

Programs: LH FTL, HH ♢, HGP P, Accor P
+1

Amazing how LH is downgrading all C benefits.
Old Sep 9, 2012, 11:20 am

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, SQ PPS Solitaire
Originally Posted by koeche
I'm booked LH MUC-PVG in Z class and understand that after the "enhancements" took place it's no longer possible to upgrade with miles from Z to F.

Is there any procedure that still allows me to do it? For example I could go now and pay a bit more to get D class. But that still does not guarantee that a miles upgrade will pass. So for sure I'm only spending more money if I can really do the upgrade.

Anybody has already made some experiences?
That's why HON fly LX: You can use vouchers/miles from all booking classes, including the lowest. Plus, you get your upgrade cleared as long as booking class A is available. There are airlines that look after their HON, why don't you give them your business?
Old Sep 9, 2012, 1:01 pm
Formerly known as koeche
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SMK77
That's why HON fly LX: You can use vouchers/miles from all booking classes, including the lowest. Plus, you get your upgrade cleared as long as booking class A is available. There are airlines that look after their HON, why don't you give them your business?
I fully agree. Actually on LX you don't even need to upgrade, the biz product is good enough. The only reason I'm tempting to use LH for my trip to PVG is that I will be in Hannover before and LX's schedule is a bit inconvenient. Specially arrival in PVG early in the morning is unpleasant while LH lands in the afternoon.

Since I know LH Biz is crap I wanted to see if I can somehow upgrade to LH F to make the trip bearable. F on a A340 is not that bad.
Old Sep 10, 2012, 1:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You actually did that? Really?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.