Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lufthansa lost luggage and not responding!!

Search this Thread

Old Oct 26, 2013, 8:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K
Angry Lufthansa lost luggage and not responding!!

I was on a flight from BCN to HKG and Lufthansa somehow lost my luggage.

They found it afterwards and delivered it a day later. But once it is delivered, the luggage was damaged and items inside the luggage were stolen.

I have followed the instruction by emailing Lufthansa immediately! I emailed them a few more times after they didn't respond. Still now a week later, no one from Lufthansa is responding.

What is my course of action here? Is it typical of Lufthansa to be so slow and unresponsive?
Old Oct 26, 2013, 8:39 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
1. File your claim with your travel insurance. They will pay you and then deal with LH.

2. LH sets forth in great detail how to file a claim for damage and lost items. You need to complete a report and supply specific information. Call your nearest LH office to get the form.
Old Oct 27, 2013, 6:13 am

Emailing in this case is a bad idea, you really should just call LH and deal with it directly on the phone ...
Old Oct 27, 2013, 7:24 am

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
My sympathies OP!

Don't let LH shake you off too easily.

I hope they don't pull the "you missed the deadline for reporting the lost items" on you!
Old Oct 27, 2013, 5:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Contact LH in HK .
Old Oct 27, 2013, 7:00 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the advise. I did call them and they were the ones who redirected me to the email.

I feel like they are trying to deny responsibility.
Old Oct 27, 2013, 7:15 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
I expect you followed the instructions mentioned on this page. If you have not received a written confirmation of your report, you might like to forward it via PM with the original reference number (when you reported the missing baggage) to the LH Lurkers for investigation.

Last edited by NewbieRunner; Oct 27, 2013 at 8:43 pm Reason: typo
Old Oct 27, 2013, 7:36 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
I expect you followed the instructions mentioned on this page. I you have not received a written confirmation of your report, you might like to forward it via PM with the original reference number (when you reported the missing baggage) to the LH Lurkers for investigation.
Thanks. I was told by the Hong Kong staff to email [email protected]

I also spoke to the airport staff which is serviced by an outsourced company in Hong Kong.

I will try PM LH Lurkers. It is getting ridiculous right now.
Old Oct 27, 2013, 8:38 pm

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
Originally Posted by phatom701
..I will try PM LH Lurkers. It is getting ridiculous right now.
Actually one week isn't much time for an airline.

I usually had to wait several months for my refunds @ Lufthansa.

And they are not the worst. Try to get anything moving with QF below the one-year threshold.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.