Search

No personal screens in Y on LH404/405

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10, 2012, 6:21 pm
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN
No personal screens in Y on LH404/405

Hello,

I recently took LH404 (economy) and was really disappointed. Terribly uncomfortable seat and no personal screen.

1. Was this a particularly old 747 that they took out for the season? I see that for my next flight at the end of July they have the same configuration. Does it mean again no screens or that is not linked to the configuration? Just to know if I need to bring a good book....

2. I remember a post of somebody who complained because during his flight the entertainment system was broken and he got miles compensation. Booking a LH believing that I will get some standard features and finding out that it is not the case puts me in the same situation?

Cheers
Old Jul 11, 2012, 12:49 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

12 or so of the 28 744s in service still have the old economy seat without IFE. So there is a real chance you will get the old product quite often.
Old Jul 11, 2012, 1:02 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

The seats are not to bad, you really shouldn't expect more from an economy seat. Old for sure, but "terribly uncomfortable"?
The missing IFE is bad for some, but easily dealt with by carrying your own device like an Ipad.

But I agree it's way past the time that they should upgrade these planes.
Old Jul 11, 2012, 1:05 am

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
Originally Posted by RTW1
The seats are not to bad, you really shouldn't expect more from an economy seat...
...if you book Lufthansa...
Old for sure, but "terribly uncomfortable"?..
Better than being burned on the stake, I s'pose. But there's a reason why I never book any 747 routes chez LH - the planes are overdue to retire and so is the entire coach cabin.
Old Jul 11, 2012, 1:27 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Again... sure, it's a (very) old configuration that should have been retrofitted a long time ago. But that's not the same as uncomfortable. When I flew it last year it wasn't any more uncomfortable than both US carriers I flew after that.

You can get better, but it's not that bad (for Y). Not to good either :-).
Old Jul 11, 2012, 1:49 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

The latest greatest eco seats may have humongous LCD screens and android controls, but leg space and comfort is still, well, very much economy. For example the QR 787: http://twitpic.com/a61hty
Old Jul 11, 2012, 2:02 am

Seats are tight (31'', compared to what other carriers to offer in their old Non-IFE 747s like CA with 34'') but not terrible uncomfortable. Usually, you need lots of alcohol to survive those flights, but luckily LH got plenty on board Still better than a 6 hours flight in a narrowbody NEK to Russia, CAI...
Old Jul 11, 2012, 6:48 am
Original Poster

Well, maybe my seat was defective or I was in a bad mood because of the overall status of the plane
In any case, I found my seat very uncomfortable. LX (on A330) is much much better. I had to take LH404 because I find the schedule more convenient...next time back to LX.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.