Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Is it only me? A very confused HON ...

Search this Thread

Old Jul 5, 2012, 7:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by stefanot
BTW, does anybody know how many HONs exist today worldwide?
I have heard the number 8500 thrown around a few times however this is just a rumor (although probably quite close to correct).

In NE Italy by the way there are less than 100.
Old Jul 5, 2012, 7:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: HON,
Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG
I have heard the number 8500 thrown around a few times however this is just a rumor (although probably quite close to correct).

I remember that about 5-6 years ago somebody in LH talked me about 3000 HONs. So 8500 could be a correct guess for today.

Only 100 in NE Italy? That's really low!
Old Jul 5, 2012, 7:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I remember that about 5-6 years ago somebody in LH talked me about 3000 HONs. So 8500 could be a correct guess for today.

Only 100 in NE Italy? That's really low!
I was surprised to hear that number as well- the source seemed to be quite confident however.

It always surprises me, however AF is quite strong at VCE for example. JFK and ATL have the nonstops so all that business goes to DL.

MXP has a number of direct flights with CX/SQ/TG- again a nonstop will win for sure.

And last but not least- both EK and QR have had a huge impact on the LH business- EK is 2X daily now at VCE for example and I have heard that QR will add another flight.
Old Jul 5, 2012, 7:50 am
Original Poster

I agree, EK is doing very well in VCE!

BTW, I never understood why LH based LH-Italy at MXP!!!
Old Jul 5, 2012, 7:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

BTW, I never understood why LH based LH-Italy at MXP!!!
Indeed. Perhaps the understanding of the market was not quite what it needed to be. The frecciarossa has eliminated what at one time was one of the most lucrative air routes in the world.
Old Jul 5, 2012, 8:54 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
A reminder not to get personal. Opinions differ, responding to them in a personal way is not very FT like. Two posts deleted.

Regards Oliver2002
Mod M&M forum
Old Jul 5, 2012, 9:22 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT

In ORD I don't see a lot of HONs nor any LH sales team performing sales calls at corporates here. Probably in ORD region less than a 100.

However, I heard once NYC has the most HONs in N.A.
Old Jul 5, 2012, 9:46 am

Programs: LH HON
I have requalified for the next two years already, but with the new rules any additional evoucher (2 per additional 150 k HON miles) have become more or less unusable. This is an invitation to go for the rest of the year to carriers like EK, who have already more passengers for Asia than LH has from DUS. Also A fares ex DUS have become unavailable during the last 2 years, which were around before. LX via ZRH still have these. The C fare has become so costly: last time I paid 5600 for DUS-ORD RT. No more D fare for HON.
But it is more the small things, which do not cost anything to LH, bothering me. One small example is, when flying in Y you only can check 2 pieces of luggage of max. 23 kgs. each. So one piece of 30 kgs instead of two pieces of 23 kgs is not allowed. To change that for HON and SEN would be so easy without costs.
Old Jul 5, 2012, 10:33 am

Programs: LH SEN, QR Platinum, Bonvoy Plat, GHA Black, Hyatt Globalist
...bitten hierbei jedoch um Ihr Verstndnis dafr, dass sie sich an die gegebenen Tarifstrukturen halten mssen. Abhngig vom jeweiligen Markt und der Buchungssituation knnen Onlineangebote gnstiger sein, als wenn Sie telefonisch buchen. Die Mitarbeiter der Hotline haben bestimmte Zugriffsrechte, die ihnen andere Tarife anzeigen, als es online der Fall ist....
I totally agree that LH's customer service doesn't deserve that name anymore and that the cluelessness of some agents, usually combined with a considerable level of attitude, is getting worse every day.

But I really doubt that a ticket sold by the HOn Circle team would be more expensive than online as long as they would use 100 % the same booking classes and fare codes like you did do online.

The problem is that they are sometimes simply not able to get you into those cheaper booking classes.
As everybody knows, LH is not only offering much better Business-Class fares from anywhere else than from Germany but they also adjust the availability of the cheaper booking classes by the point of sale.
Which means, that when you call LH in UK, Italy or Netherlands they might still see Z/P Availability, but for the
german call center (POS=DE) the Z/P buckets are zeroed out and therefore they can only sell you D or C.

This is exactly what they are trying to say in their reply (in german I would say: herumeiern) and that drives up the price.

Would be interesting to know if this practise is in compliance with EU regulations.
Old Jul 5, 2012, 10:44 am

Programs: LH SEN, QR Platinum, Bonvoy Plat, GHA Black, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by htb
I read somewhere that this is strictly against policy because by that they "unmarry" a married segment. If a call center worker does this these days, he or she would be severely punished. Even on a new booking, he or she is no longer allowed to add segment by segment -- the whole itinerary (one way) has to be entered at a time to avoid the chance of un-marrying a married segment.
HTB.
Maybe a no-go for LH agents but every experienced TA would do it exactly like that. And if Amadeus makes an autoprocing for the Itin then, so what?
Old Jul 5, 2012, 10:51 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Olip
I totally agree that LH's customer service doesn't deserve that name anymore and that the cluelessness of some agents, usually combined with a considerable level of attitude, is getting worse every day.

But I really doubt that a ticket sold by the HOn Circle team would be more expensive than online as long as they would use 100 % the same booking classes and fare codes like you did do online.

The problem is that they are sometimes simply not able to get you into those cheaper booking classes.
As everybody knows, LH is not only offering much better Business-Class fares from anywhere else than from Germany but they also adjust the availability of the cheaper booking classes by the point of sale.
Which means, that when you call LH in UK, Italy or Netherlands they might still see Z/P Availability, but for the
german call center (POS=DE) the Z/P buckets are zeroed out and therefore they can only sell you D or C.

This is exactly what they are trying to say in their reply (in german I would say: herumeiern) and that drives up the price.

Would be interesting to know if this practise is in compliance with EU regulations.
Well I was referring to the HON-call-center, which is always the same number from wherever I call. In the past the call-center was in Kassel, then it went to Istanbul, then S-Africa, then Berlin. Currently I think only Berlin and S-Africa is working. So the price-list they have is not linked to a special nation.

Now I'm a HON for some years, and in the past I never ever had this differences in the prices, but lately I had it more often. Maybe I was just extremely unlucky?
Old Jul 5, 2012, 10:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Well I was referring to the HON-call-center, which is always the same number from wherever I call. In the past the call-center was in Kassel, then it went to Istanbul, then S-Africa, then Berlin. Currently I think only Berlin and S-Africa is working. So the price-list they have is not linked to a special nation.

Now I'm a HON for some years, and in the past I never ever had this differences in the prices, but lately I had it more often. Maybe I was just extremely unlucky?
Istanbul is working right now.

Hope you never get South Africa on a call.

If you are talking about ex-Italy the prices have indeed increased significantly (see the revenue management thread) primarily due to zeroing out all classes except C and J on some flights (I am referring to business class- don't know about economy).
Old Jul 5, 2012, 10:58 am
Original Poster

Istanbul is working right now.

Hope you never get South Africa on a call.

If you are talking about ex-Italy the prices have indeed increased significantly (see the revenue management thread) primarily due to zeroing out all classes except C and J on some flights (I am referring to business class- don't know about economy).
S-Africa)) well I still wonder how many things could go wrong there once in a booking.

1 hour ago I just booked a flight to LAX for Saturday, I got D and this time the delta to internet was just around 100 euro, so acceptable.
Old Jul 5, 2012, 11:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

S-Africa)) well I still wonder how many things could go wrong there once in a booking.

1 hour ago I just booked a flight to LAX for Saturday, I got D and this time the delta to internet was just around 100 euro, so acceptable.
Good news.

If you need a good travel agent for corporate travel in NE Italy PM me and I will send you some details on a potential contact for you.
Old Jul 5, 2012, 12:03 pm

Originally Posted by NA-Flyer
Isn't that what LH is doing by cutting down the number of HONs: handing out their top elites to competitors on a silver plate
This is possible , but how many of the HON's are top revenue and more importantly top profit for LH ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.