Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Is it only me? A very confused HON ...

Search this Thread

Old Sep 15, 2012, 4:06 am

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
It looks like they'll try to get a passenger to a flight if they can but the same does not apply to their luggage even if the connecting flight is still sitting at the gate.
and if they open the hold again to put your late lugagge in, in the meantime a pushback truck is there and they miss their slot people get pissed off... sometimes LH (or any airline) just can't win...
Old Sep 15, 2012, 4:18 am

Originally Posted by sentom
...sometimes LH (or any airline) just can't win...
and sometimes it is just boring to see some folks blindfoldedly applause to an airlines, no matter how much they screw up.
an hour or so should be enough time to load some luggage, provided there was any effort to do so at all...
Old Sep 15, 2012, 4:22 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

And we all know those airlines are in direct control of loading those bags..... or are they not?
Old Sep 15, 2012, 5:11 am

Originally Posted by RTW1
And we all know those airlines are in direct control of loading those bags..... or are they not?
i reckon so; at least i know for sure they are in direct controll of having luggage unloaded...
Old Sep 15, 2012, 5:35 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

That's linked to security... They don't really have a choice.
Old Sep 16, 2012, 12:45 am

Programs: LH SEN, BA Silver, HH SILVER, Bonvoy PLAT, A/club PLAT, Hyatt Diamond
Very interesting thread ^

I am just SEN and must admit that I often ask myself why should I do any effort to gain this *A GOLD level ?

If you have it, OK, if not, so what ?

Generally speaking, I can notice, in every part of my life reduced attention to loyal customers in BIG companies:

* SPG platinum: almost no more upgrades
* Amex gold: customer service always says NO
* Accor platinum: a joke
* M&M SEN: yes the gold color is nice in my wallet

I am the CEO of a small company, and we do everything we can to please our loyal customers :-::-::-:

Big ones seem to forget this GOLD rule.....
Old Sep 16, 2012, 3:35 am

Originally Posted by sunseeker
and sometimes it is just boring to see some folks blindfoldedly applause to an airlines, no matter how much they screw up.
an hour or so should be enough time to load some luggage, provided there was any effort to do so at all...
in case you are speaking german (which i think you do), i can only suggest you read this article.
it might give you a better view on things in situations like this. @:-)

of course every time something doesn't happen or goes wrong, all the airline experts and armchair CEOs crawl out of their hiding place and complain without even thinking. i wouldn't even think about checked lugagge if i make a connection like this, doesn't matter if i sit on the gate for another hour. there was obviously a reason why they didn't deliver it, they wont leave it behind on purpose or do you think its "fun" for them to send it on a flight a day later as "unaccompanied bag"!?
Old Sep 16, 2012, 6:23 am

i wouldn't even think about checked lugagge if i make a connection like this
I could not agree more^, one of the reasons I avoid to check luggage if not absolutely necessary .
Old Sep 16, 2012, 6:50 am
htb

Programs: UA*G(1K), PC Diamond Amb, Marriott Titanium, Accor Platinum
of course every time something doesn't happen or goes wrong, all the airline experts and armchair CEOs crawl out of their hiding place and complain without even thinking.
Yes -- sometimes it takes a visionary to change the status quo. The "day to day experts" will only see the current reasons of why something is NOT possible.

HTB.
Old Sep 16, 2012, 6:53 am

Originally Posted by htb
Yes -- sometimes it takes a visionary to change the status quo. The "day to day experts" will only see the current reasons of why something is NOT possible.

HTB.
Nice reply , and very true .

I really like the link someone posted , what if AA stod for Apple Airlines.
Old Sep 16, 2012, 7:34 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
i wouldn't even think about checked lugagge if i make a connection like this
No I didn't think about the luggage either until the PA told me it hadn't arrived on the same flight.
Old Sep 17, 2012, 5:40 am
Moderator, SkyTeam and Germany

Programs: BA, LH, KL, EY, IHG, Marriott, Hyatt, Hilton, Radisson
Another negative experience: I was booked on a flight LHR-FRA on the strike-Friday. IIRC 2 flights were still operating on this day but I could not be rebooked onto one of these. HON waitlist priviledges did not matter, because "everything is fully booked". No other options for rebooking were granted with flights by BA and connecting flights on LX, SK, SN showing at least 2 open seats in Y and J. Only option was rebooking to saturday, which was not possible for me. So I bought a train ticket. As I was brought to LHR by a bus from my event on Friday morning I went in to enquire about any last-minute possibilities before transferring to the city for my train. Agents at the bmi-staffed LH F/C-checkin explained that I could wait in line at the LH ticket counter for at least 2 hours or I could go over to germanwings and buy a ticket for one of their flights to STR or CGN which only are booked half full. So I shelled out another 150 pounds and went on the next germanwings flight to CGN which was leaving in 45 minutes. And it was indeed only half full.

Great service, LH! Only help I got was an SMS that my fligth is cancelled. No possibility to reach the german HON line by one of the published numbers on a mobile from the UK, a long wait on a UK service number, no rebooking despite available options and germanwings flights going out half empty over the whole day.

I'll try to get the 4U ticket and maybe the unused train ticket refunded but this will of course be another negative experience I bet.
Old Sep 17, 2012, 6:45 am

Programs: some
Just had the first look at my milage statement since they changed the HON earning structure and the fact the I don't get HON miles for intra EU flights (policy is Eco only) makes my life much easier - with my key destinations being Berlin and London the added flexibility of flying BA and AB without having to think of (HON)miles is a great move...
Old Sep 17, 2012, 7:43 am
gum

Programs: LH Blue, BA Blue, Hyatt Gold
Originally Posted by geilux
Very interesting thread ^
I am the CEO of a small company, and we do everything we can to please our loyal customers :-::-::-:

Big ones seem to forget this GOLD rule.....
+1 ^
Old Sep 17, 2012, 5:41 pm

Programs: LH SEN,PC RA PLATINUM ,HH GOLD
Originally Posted by verve
Just had the first look at my milage statement since they changed the HON earning structure and the fact the I don't get HON miles for intra EU flights (policy is Eco only) makes my life much easier - with my key destinations being Berlin and London the added flexibility of flying BA and AB without having to think of (HON)miles is a great move...
+1^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.