Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New LH Ad campaign motto: 'Nonstop you'

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2012, 10:05 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by YuropFlyer
Could anyone print out a few dozens of those "BÄH" leaflets from rambuster and leave them in the FRA/MUC lounges next time he/she will visit there?
Great idea - I could do this in the BOM lounge also!

(Rambuster has copyright - remember that! @:-) )

(Maybe he could sign below too ^ )
Old Mar 3, 2012, 10:47 am

Programs: LH MM**, HH Silver
Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy
Great idea - I could do this in the BOM lounge also!

(Rambuster has copyright - remember that! @:-) )

(Maybe he could sign below too ^ )
maybe he could upload it to http://www.shirtinator.de ?
Old Mar 3, 2012, 11:04 am

Programs: LH HON, BA LT Gold, AFKL ULTI, WOH Lifetime Globalist, Bonvoy Ambassador
Originally Posted by Rambuster
I like! this is a good one.
Old Mar 6, 2012, 3:22 pm

Programs: UA--no longer 2P as of 3/2012 and don't even care. Never thought I'd say that.
"Nonstop You"

It sounds like nonsense. I don't "get it" at all and in fact, I hate it.

Their previous logo was so much better. It reminds of the time the law firm I worked at hired a marketing firm to reinvent our (perfectly fine) logo and the end result was widely perceived as so much worse than our previous logo. The partners adopted the new logo however. Makes you wonder.

Last edited by janehoya; Mar 6, 2012 at 4:23 pm
Old Mar 7, 2012, 2:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by janehoya
"Nonstop You"

It sounds like nonsense. I don't "get it" at all and in fact, I hate it.

Their previous logo was so much better. It reminds of the time the law firm I worked at hired a marketing firm to reinvent our (perfectly fine) logo and the end result was widely perceived as so much worse than our previous logo. The partners adopted the new logo however. Makes you wonder.
You mean like the old and new Swiss logos?
Old Mar 7, 2012, 8:22 am

Programs: UA--no longer 2P as of 3/2012 and don't even care. Never thought I'd say that.
Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG
You mean like the old and new Swiss logos?
I've only flown Swiss once or twice, and that was back in the 90's so I had to do a little research, but you are correct, Swiss had some great logos in the past. I found a nice write-up on this blog.

http://blog.wanken.com/6063/swissair-logo/
Old Mar 8, 2012, 3:25 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN
Had a nice long talk with someone who decides such things at LH today:

The non-stop you campaign is multi faceted. The first objective is to support the launch of expanded operation in BER starting June, hence the young snappy image campaign to push the 49€ ticket to 49... ähh 50 destinations ex-BER this summer. Since Wowereit said Berlin is poor but sexy, the 49€ ads come with that theme

The TV campaign will start next week in the same tune. The general feel of the ads will however be more like the two page teasers the rest of Germany saw earlier this week in the news papers. Once the 748i and the A330s are flying with the new C later this year, the tone will switch over to the business traveller and hit a more serious nerve.

Lets see what they will put out there. Everyone admitted that translating the mood of the current campaign will be tough in foreign markets. But then the current ads are targeted on Berlin, where being naughty and sarcastic is part of daily talk.

BTW, there is also a sound element to the new claim
Old Mar 8, 2012, 3:28 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources
Original Poster

BTW, LH is looking for 3billion more revenue in leisure sales by 2015 and the campaign will aim to entice generation Y to fly and learn to love LH (and join M&M). I should have asked if that means we will earn more miles on the 49/99€ fares to make it worth the effort for the kids...
Old Mar 8, 2012, 3:31 pm

Originally Posted by oliver2002
BTW, LH is looking for 3billion more revenue in leisure sales by 2015 and the campaign will aim to entice generation Y to fly and learn to love LH (and join M&M). I should have asked if that means we will earn more miles on the 49/99€ fares to make it worth the effort for the kids...
I think therefor Lufthansa has started the cooperation with Thomas Cook and built this webpage: http://www.lufthansaholidays.com/
Old Mar 9, 2012, 12:56 am

Programs: SK Gold, AF Gold, Marriott Platinum
BTW, LH is looking for 3billion more revenue in leisure sales by 2015 and the campaign will aim to entice generation Y to fly and learn to love LH (and join M&M).
This is a pretty accurate description of me Joined M&M early last year when I started flying Germanwings

SK is probably the king of enticing youngsters to fly with them. They offer Youth fares (<26 years) regardless of the load factor with a discount of about 20% compared to the normal discounted fare and always, always give full mileage (500 or 750 when crediting to M&M). So there's an idea.
Old Mar 9, 2012, 1:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Well, giving someone a decent number of frequent flyer miles would be a good start. But... wait... didn't the number of miles for flying discounted (i.e. Leisure fare) business class just get reduced by 50%??? Oh yes.
Old Mar 20, 2012, 9:32 am
Original Poster

The ad with an wl and Lady bee will appear in German TV tonight:

http://www.wuv.de/nachrichten/untern...on_kolle_rebbe
Old Mar 20, 2012, 2:03 pm

Programs: LH SEN, Hilton Diamond, AF/KL & BA basic memberships, Tufty Club Exec Plutonium
The way things have been going, I think LH should change it to "Nonstop Screw You"
Old Mar 20, 2012, 2:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by iainbhx
The way things have been going, I think LH should change it to "Nonstop Screw You"
and still sounds appropriately PR Denglisch.
Old Mar 20, 2012, 2:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, LH SEN, EK ex-Gold, IHG Plat
The ad with an wl and Lady bee will appear in German TV tonight:
Just aired on RTL. Weird. But I guess I don't belong to the target group this is aimed at.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.