Old Jan 20, 2012, 9:13 am

Programs: LH HON; EK Plat; QR G; IC-RA; HH D; WoH Glob
2:2 in terms of information
Can still keep the hopes up...
Old Jan 20, 2012, 1:02 pm

Originally Posted by malinche
2:2 in terms of information
Can still keep the hopes up...
i fail to see what's wrong with the current HONdehütte!? i never spend more than 10mins there. having a HON lounge in the new skylink would certainly mean, earlier arrival, longer ways, possible worse security check situation, etc.

don't think that would actually be an improvement other than a bigger waitingroom...
Old Jan 20, 2012, 3:40 pm

Programs: LH HON; EK Plat; QR G; IC-RA; HH D; WoH Glob
Originally Posted by sentom
i fail to see what's wrong with the current HONdehütte!? i never spend more than 10mins there. having a HON lounge in the new skylink would certainly mean, earlier arrival, longer ways, possible worse security check situation, etc.

don't think that would actually be an improvement other than a bigger waitingroom...
That certainly depends on the travel pattern. I almost exclusively have connecting flights in VIE. So, I might also have a longer waiting time. I don't want to walk outside to the HONdehütte, I dislike the double security that I usually would have to pass. If you are, however, departing from VIE, I can certainly understand your point of view...
Old Jan 20, 2012, 3:50 pm

Originally Posted by malinche
That certainly depends on the travel pattern. I almost exclusively have connecting flights in VIE. So, I might also have a longer waiting time. I don't want to walk outside to the HONdehütte, I dislike the double security that I usually would have to pass. If you are, however, departing from VIE, I can certainly understand your point of view...
but how is that going to improve with no HON lounge in skylink at all!? the scenario i see happening is the priority terminal will stay as it is (as this is also home to VIE's VIP service) and there might be a HON corner in the new SEN lounge in the new terminal. it doesn't have to be one or the other, but i doubt there is enough HON traffic in VIE to justify a full blown lounge as in FRA or MUC...
Old Jan 21, 2012, 5:19 am
Original Poster

Programs: M&M SEN + OW Gold + HH Gold + Club Carlson Gold + SPG Gold
http://austrianaviation.net/news-reg...n-skylink.html
Old Jan 21, 2012, 5:20 am

Programs: LH, AB, SPG, CC, Sixt, EC
In regards of SEN lounge, it is absolutely time to improve the situation. Yesterday afternoon, there were at least 20 people standing and waiting for others to get up and leave... (Schengen)
Old Jan 21, 2012, 4:06 pm

that just confirms what i have been saying, no HON/F lounge in the skylink... would be a major downgrade if they closed the HONdehütte in the priority terminal...
Old Jan 23, 2012, 2:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sentom

If you are O&D VIE I fully agree with you. Connection longhaul to shorthaul can have a cnx time of 2.5 hours- and at that point, while the HON closet is nice, it is very small and difficult to work.
Old Apr 3, 2012, 6:33 pm

Programs: SK Gold, AF Gold, Marriott Platinum
Has there been any info on the Skylink opening date lately, other than the very general "in June"? I'm flying OU to VIE on 6th June and staying for three days, so I'm kind of hoping it'll be open by then. If I understood correctly, all *A and particularly M&M members will be using the new terminal?

EDIT: I've managed to dig up the answer to my own question - the VIE press release concerning 2011 financial results states:

Operations in the Skylink will start on 5 June 2012

If they go through with that, I'll consider myself very lucky indeed
Old Apr 4, 2012, 8:07 am

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by gojko88
Operations in the Skylink will start on 5 June 2012

If they go through with that, I'll consider myself very lucky indeed
Or it's just a bad luck with chaos all over the new terminal
Old Apr 4, 2012, 11:42 am

They'll be training staff with dummy passengers throughout April and May, so let's hope not
Old Apr 4, 2012, 12:18 pm

Programs: SEN**, Ex TK Elite+, Ex IB Sapphire, Hyatt Gold, Bonvoy, Meliá Platinum
Cool

Originally Posted by Nord
I have to admit that I'm rather excited about the new OS lounges at the Skylink terminal who opens the doors in June ( or at least they say so ; )
Don't be too excited. I do not believe the new terminal will be opened in June. They have been saying and postponing it for some years now.
Indeed the Terminal is built but not finished.
Let's see
Old Apr 5, 2012, 3:07 am

Programs: LH MM**, HH Silver
Originally Posted by kai.lileboo
Don't be too excited. I do not believe the new terminal will be opened in June. They have been saying and postponing it for some years now.
Indeed the Terminal is built but not finished.
Let's see
well, call me an optimist, but you can see the display panels at the new gates turned on and working from the outside, so I hope this time around they actually meet the deadlines
Old Apr 5, 2012, 3:12 am

Plus, as I said, I doubt they'd state the opening date in their financial report & talk about conducting preparatory exercises in April if they weren't completely serious about the date.
Old May 14, 2012, 3:41 pm

I will be on YYZ-VIE in business, arriving to VIE on June 11th. It looks like it's going to be the new Skylink terminal. Is there any arrivals lounge I can use?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.