Dogs in F [split off from the F retrofit thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2012, 3:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
Dogs in F [split off from the F retrofit thread]

I enjoyed FRA-LAX today in new F.
In total there were 9 pax in First: 5 men, one African woman (type: local Dictator's wife with attitude, lots of bling and HON card) with 2 children and their DOG.

The dog seemed to enjoy the flat bed !

Last edited by oliver2002; Dec 17, 2012 at 5:49 am
Old Jan 7, 2012, 3:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Rambuster

OK, now I am only one wondering whether the dog "held it" for 12+ hours?
Or where did she or the kids or the FA "walk him"? Downstairs in J or Y?
Old Jan 7, 2012, 3:30 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
With my severe dog allergies I'd be pissed if that happened on our upcoming F trip!
Old Jan 7, 2012, 3:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SFO777

OK, now I am only one wondering whether the dog "held it" for 12+ hours?
Or where did she or the kids or the FA "walk him"? Downstairs in J or Y?
They went to the forward lavatory - which I avoided after then.
Old Jan 7, 2012, 3:38 pm

I enjoyed FRA-LAX today in new F.
In total there were 9 pax in First: 5 men, one African woman (type: local Dictator's wife with attitude, lots of bling and HON card) with 2 children and their DOG.

I wonder how LH would handle it if one of the F passengers informed them upon embarking that he has a severe allergy to dogs?

With all the hype about "peanuts", I wonder how they would handle such a complaint in this case?
Old Jan 7, 2012, 3:40 pm

Originally Posted by Flyingfox
I wonder how LH would handle it if one of the F passengers informed them upon embarking that he has a severe allergy to dogs?

With all the hype about "peanuts", I wonder how they would handle such a complaint in this case?
We are flying LH F SFO-FRA and FRA-ORD in the next month or so and I have severe dog allergies. I'd certainly speak up about it so I'll let you know if it happens.
Old Jan 7, 2012, 3:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
I wonder how LH would handle it if one of the F passengers informed them upon embarking that he has a severe allergy to dogs? With all the hype about "peanuts", I wonder how they would handle such a complaint in this case?
I would think that a HON buying 3 F revenue tickets would be the one(s) staying upstairs.
Old Jan 7, 2012, 3:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SFO777
I would think that a HON buying 3 F revenue tickets would be the one(s) staying upstairs.
That would be my guess too.
To be honest the dog was very well behaved.
Old Jan 7, 2012, 3:53 pm

Originally Posted by RoninTech
We are flying LH F SFO-FRA and FRA-ORD in the next month or so and I have severe dog allergies. I'd certainly speak up about it so I'll let you know if it happens.
I wouldn't worry about it, really.

The odds are in your favour - I've never seen a dog in LH F in my life.

But it is a curious question - what would they do?
Old Jan 7, 2012, 3:55 pm

That would be my guess too.
To be honest the dog was very well behaved.
Yes, but if this were the case and the passenger with the allergy had to move to business, then how would they sort compensation?

Being well-behaved does not make the dog any less allergenic.
Old Jan 7, 2012, 4:00 pm

Well the previous poster mentioned that the dog enjoyed being on the bed, but not if it was in or out of its kennel. From the LH website:

Transport of small dogs and cats into the passenger cabin
You may take a dog or cat into the cabin, if the weight of the animal (including transport container) does not exceed eight kilograms. The animal has to be kept in a box measuring not more than
55 cm x 40 cm x 20 cm. You may use your own transport box if it has the necessary measurement and is watertight and bite proof.
So even though I'm a lowly bottom feeder and this person was a paying HON I'd be screaming blue murder and quoting LH's own rules if there was a dog out of it's kennel. Also 8Kg isn't much including the kennel and those dimensions are tiny! Rules are rules...

Maybe I'll take my portable scale and tape measure along with me.

Just to be clear, I'm not too worried about it.
Old Jan 7, 2012, 4:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

I think the dog was inside his litte Louis Vuitton bag most of the time. He was definately below 8kgs. Looked like a small poodle.
I didn't check up too much, as I had serious sleeping on my agenda.
Old Jan 7, 2012, 4:21 pm

I think the dog was inside his litte Louis Vuitton bag most of the time. He was definately below 8kgs. Looked like a small poodle.
I didn't check up too much, as I had serious sleeping on my agenda.
Gotcha. The crappy thing is that I'd have a worse time sitting in a seat or laying in a bed that was used by a dog on the previous flight. I wouldn't die or anything close to like what the peanut people worry about, but it would sure make my F flight a lousy experience. If I saw there was a dog in the F cabin I'd take an antihistamine to help. If it was from a previous flight, by the time the symptoms kicked in it'd be too late.

I'd certainly make it clear to the FA before take off that having the dog out of it's cage would be a problem for me and would ask that it use a specific bathroom so I could use a different one.
Old Jan 9, 2012, 2:35 pm

I had dogs in the cabin on 3 occasions. One on LH from SEA to FRA, very young East European girl with lots of bling on 1K. Little dog ( prostitute sized ) stayed in the Louis Vuiton bag during take off but came out later and was fed the plate on the table direct
I was dog tired and far away in 1A so I did not bother.

The other one was on LX from LIS to ZRH, this time the little dog on 2C came out before take off before take off. I told the FA about it, who did nothing. Then this dog was also fed from the table the food served. As I was in 2D I told the elderly owner that I find this disgusting. She said: Why, he is not eating from your plate? I replied that the dog in this case would not have survived, conversation stopped

The 3rd one was on a DRS - MUC on on of the LH bonsai jets. Elderly women took the dog oit of the bag and had him on the lap. FA said put the dog back, she said no, dog is scared if in the bag. FA repeated dog in the bag!
Lady said no, Captain came and repeated dog in the bag, No again. Captain said leave the plane, which she finally had to do^

My wife has an acute cat allergy. LH tried to do everything to sit her as far away from the cat ( on 4 D ) and reminded the cat owner that the beast had to stay in the bag under all circumstances.

My 2cts:
Ask the crew wether they know the rules, dogs and cats have to stay in their bags, if they come out get the purser and tell them you have an allergy.
Old Jan 9, 2012, 4:33 pm

Programs: UA Mileage Plus 1K MM, IHG Plat, Accor Plat, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by Fendant

I replied that the dog in this case would not have survived...

...the beast...

My 2cts:
tell them you have an allergy.
Wow I've rarely experienced such hatred toward innocent animals.

And now you are advocating lying about a feigned allergy.

I think you've made it clear to all who the beast is here.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.