Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Upgrading SQ flights with eVoucher or miles?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2012, 5:39 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold>>>Silver>>>Blue, Finnair Silver, Royal Caribbean Diamond
I have my parents booked in C on the 77W from FRA to SIN for next week. What would be the best strategy to use eVouchers to upgrade them (I believe my dad has a stash of about 10)?

Should I tell him to call M&M daily, and ask to inquire upon check-in as well if all else fails? Can I use ExpertFlyer to monitor this from my end?
Old Jan 5, 2012, 5:48 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
C->F? Good luck! Never said SQ is giving away F inventory on 77W/A380....
Old Jan 5, 2012, 10:57 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold>>>Silver>>>Blue, Finnair Silver, Royal Caribbean Diamond
I see that out of 42 seats in C, only 6 are still available. In F 7 out of 8 are still free. This is judging by EF, maybe more places have been sold without particular seats assigned.

But if nobody's ever done a C >>> F upgrade on the SQ 77W then I might as well just drop it.
Old Apr 26, 2017, 2:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
SQ and M&M Evouchers

I came across this thread in a search and resurrect it ...

In my years with M&M I've never managed to use an Evoucher. But a upcoming MAN IAH trip in premium economy with SQ could give me the opportunity to prevent my current batch of vouchers expiring unused.

Well, it could if vouchers can still be used in this way. Can anyone advise?
Old Apr 26, 2017, 10:38 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

http://www.miles-and-more.com/online...l=en&cid=18002

You need to be in S/T/P PE.
Old Apr 27, 2017, 1:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Lord knows how you found that M&M page: but many thanks for sharing ^
Old Apr 27, 2017, 4:42 am

Its all in the eVoucher thread wiki: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufth...-merged-q.html

Someone reported trying for SQ or BR PE->C upgrades there AFAIR. I think you need two vouchers for non LH PE->C upgrades.
Old Apr 27, 2017, 11:20 am

Programs: LH Sen, AA Platinum (Pro?), UA Silver - SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Its all in the eVoucher thread wiki: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufth...-merged-q.html

Someone reported trying for SQ or BR PE->C upgrades there AFAIR. I think you need two vouchers for non LH PE->C upgrades.
1 voucher for Lot PE>>C which makes it super interesting for TATL routes, book PE for 1100USD EU<>US and fly 787 C for 2 vouchers and get the 150% mileage. ^^
Old Apr 27, 2017, 2:32 pm

Programs: LX HON Circle
Never managed to clear an e-voucher on SQ from C to F, despite the help of my PPS co-coordinator and head of sales Germany.
Old Apr 29, 2017, 12:56 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
I only managed Eco (B) to Biz on the 2pm departure (SQ326) SIN-FRA. C was probably only half full at max. Good use of 2 expiring eVouchers then. C to F I also never heard happening.
Old Apr 29, 2017, 2:30 am

Programs: LH HON, QF CL, SQ TPPS, AF Plat, VS Gold, VA Plat, EK Gold, HH Diamond, WoH Globalist, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by f4freeJunior
Never managed to clear an e-voucher on SQ from C to F, despite the help of my PPS co-coordinator and head of sales Germany.
SQ yield management can be incredibly tight.. although for paying F customers it's nice to seldom have more than a few people in the F cabin!
Old Jun 30, 2019, 9:58 pm

Programs: LX SEN & WoH Globalist
We have some PE flights (Booking Class P) on SQ345/346 (ZRH - SIN) this year.

Did anyone of you guys make some recent experiences on same route or can advise if LH eVoucher are now accepted for upgrade into C on SQ and if so, are 1 or 2 eVouchers are required for this upgrade?
mario_s likes this.
Old Jul 1, 2019, 6:24 am

P/S/T are allowed for upgrades with miles and evoucher: https://www.miles-and-more.com/row/e..._basic_01.html

Try the online upgrade tool to see if it requires one or two evouchers: https://muaenduser.staralliance.com/SAUALHWEB/StartPage.do?language=en&airline=lh&coBrand=de

Flights between Europe and Central Asia, the Far East, Southeast Asia

Travel class bookedBooking classUpgrade inMiles
EconomyB, YBusiness50,000
Premium EconomyP, S, TBusiness50,000
BusinessC, J, Z, UFirst65,000
Old Jul 1, 2019, 7:50 pm

Programs: LX SEN & WoH Globalist
Thanks Oliver!

Unfortunately, they only show upgrade options from Economy/Business in the online upgrade tool but not from PE.

Will check with SEN hotline later and keep you all posted!
Old Jul 3, 2019, 1:18 pm

Programs: BA GGLFL, LH Sen, Alitalia Platinum, Hilton Plat, SPG / Marriott / Carlsson Gold
Upgrading J > F on SQ using M&M miles

Hi all. I am trying to u/g one way on SQ (SQ317 on 12 July or SW306 on 20 July). Senator hotline has to look up my ticket manually(?) and said there was zero inventory. Any insights or advice welcome! Many thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.