Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New M&M award chart from 03JAN2011 in C & F [rumour confirmed]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31, 2011, 2:15 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
That's why you need to keep reading FT to stay on top of such "enhancements".
Old Jan 31, 2011, 6:14 am

Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
Or take a peek to M&M website...
Old Feb 11, 2011, 4:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
Originally Posted by Lack
Or take a peek to M&M website...
While your correct of course, it is a moot point, as the cc promo was running from November already. Still, a 5 week advance notice is ridiculous and low-blow for any carrier, more so the likes of LH & LX!
Old Mar 16, 2011, 2:30 am
Marriott 10+ Badge

Programs: LH SEN***, Bonvoy LT Titanium
A worthwhile standard as a target for LH?

I received an update from SAA Voyager about their pending increase in costs for their award tickets. I found their openness about the reasons behind the rises and clearly indicating how big the increases to be quite refreshing. I wish LH would practice such candor rather than simply explaining any change (negative or positive) as an enhancement that the customers have requested and then not spelling out the effect of the changes.

Any thoughts?

Regards,

cbellero

-------------
For the first time since April 2006, SAA is revising its Voyager Award Chart with a new Award Chart coming into effect on 15 April 2011. Effective from this date, SAA will introduce a modest increase for flight Awards and a more notable increase for Upgrade Awards. Given that the current International Upgrade Award levels are very low, the increase in this regard will be higher. Ultimately, we believe that you will continue to view our Voyager Awards favourably and that our offering will remain competitive compared to other major frequent traveller programmes.

We would like you, our valued Voyager member, to note that you have an opportunity to redeem your desired Award from the current Award Chart prior to 15 April 2011.

Below is an advance look at the SAA Award Chart revisions and on average, the following can be expected in our new SAA Award Chart:

MileageKeeper Awards will increase by 6%
AnyDay Awards for Domestic and Regional flights will increase on average by 14%
AnyDay Awards for International flights will increase between 11% to 28%
Upgrade Awards will increase by approximately 14%, 12% and 35% for Domestic, Regional and International respectively
Accra and Dakar have been added to the region "Travel between Southern Africa and Africa 2"
Furthermore, we are pleased to advise you that we will continue to discount Awards with 3% should you request your SAA Award directly from our website, www.flysaa.com. In addition, we will continue to accept Y, B, M and K Economy Class fares as the qualifying fare classes for Upgrade Awards.
Old Aug 8, 2011, 12:12 pm

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
I tried to change a roundtrip LX/LH booking in business class (with companion award) for my wife and I that was scheduled for next week. We needed to make a 1 day change on the outbound and were told no changes at all (even to dates) or new mileage rates would apply. crappy
Originally Posted by aglp2k
I put an award reservation on hold with M&M Service Center(USA) yesterday in F(DFW-FRA-IST) for June 2011. I specifically asked the agent about the date changes and the effect of new mileage requirements from Jan 3rd. She told me that date changes are permitted for $60 up to one year from the ticket issue date and the mileage needed will not change as long as the ticket does not have to be reissued (i.e you can't change the route).
Old Aug 8, 2011, 12:55 pm

Call again. I still have some awards i booked last year and i was changing dates a few times, last time only around 2 weeks back - even changing the transfer point from MUC to ZRH and the airline from LH to LX.
No extra mileage charge, justthe regular 50 Euro per person.
Old Aug 8, 2011, 1:23 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by stephem
I tried to change a roundtrip LX/LH booking in business class (with companion award) for my wife and I that was scheduled for next week. We needed to make a 1 day change on the outbound and were told no changes at all (even to dates) or new mileage rates would apply. crappy
Originally Posted by Unterwegs
Call again. I still have some awards i booked last year and i was changing dates a few times, last time only around 2 weeks back - even changing the transfer point from MUC to ZRH and the airline from LH to LX.
No extra mileage charge, justthe regular 50 Euro per person.
I also changed an award booked in late December a couple of times and was only charged €50 (which apparently allows up to 3 changes).
Old Aug 19, 2011, 1:53 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
No change fee for me when I made some changes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.