Community
Wiki Posts
Search

VC Pilots Strike experiences / discussion thread

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19, 2010, 6:56 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN
Exclamation VC Pilots Strike experiences / discussion thread

As most of you have already realized LH is in negotiations with VC. There is a threat by LH, LH Cargo and Germanwings pilots to stop work Feb 22-25 leading to several flight cancellations and delays.

This thread is meant to provide a discussion forum on upcoming strike action, incl. flight delays or cancellations and what to do when you are affected by such an incident. Please feel free to post your information about issues related to this topic or links to newpaper articles, press releases or anything else that might be of interest for your fellow FTers.

There is a sticky info thread on the top of the forum to summarize the information. Please alert me or totti to copy over any post in this thread that should be mentioned there.

This thread is NOT meant to discuss the usefulness of a strike, the rightness or wrongness of the unions or any other political issues. This can be discussed in the OMNI forum.

Finally I hope that we don't really need this thread in the end and LH will make an agreement with the union before we as customers have to suffer.

Safe travels!
totti & oliver2002
Mods M&M forum
Old Feb 19, 2010, 7:07 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN
email from Unterwegs

Originally Posted by Unterwegs
Since i have flights on Feb23 Asia-D and Feb25 D-USA (F award, the return of a 3 region in F) I just called the US SEN line and asked about re-booking.

Answer was: Flights are not canceled yet, but very likely the long haul will be hit hard. Right now re booking is only possible with the same routing and only when award space is available.
As soon as the flights are actually canceled they can rebook me on other carriers, other routing etc.
Old Feb 19, 2010, 8:57 am

Programs: LH-SEN, DL-Platinum
Originally Posted by oliver2002
email from Unterwegs
Also my experience so far with the SEN hotline.
Old Feb 19, 2010, 9:29 am
Company Representative - Lufthansa Airlines

Programs: Official LH Real Person
Exclamation OAL now authorized for 22-25FEB rebooking only

Authorization to rebook on 22-25FEB on many other carriers (including LX, OS, CO, AC, UA, US, and more) regardless of fare rules has been received this morning.

If you want to rebook for 26FEB or later you still need to stick to the carriers that are allowed in your ticketed fare. I have informed the call centers just now.

Should that change I will post again.

Best,
Michelle
Old Feb 19, 2010, 9:36 am

Programs: Flyingblue Platinum, All Accor Platinum, M&M Senator
LHI flights operate regularly

On the LHI internet site is written that:

"all operated LHI flights from and to Milan MXP will not be affected by the strike"

Called the Italian call centre and they confirmed the information.

Hope this helps for rethinking your booking or re-routing strategies!!
Old Feb 19, 2010, 10:03 am

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BA Silver, HHonors Gold, LeClub Accor Plat., Veteran of the EK Shower
ok as assumed by me in this thread http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/13417409-post97.html they did cancel all long hauls from FRA and have now even deleted those flights from the amadeus DB. On the other hand it seems like they are now willing to rebook you, am I lucky that I already rebooked on LX1051 on Monday, because by now I would have gotten no seat any more.
Old Feb 19, 2010, 10:31 am

Programs: BA Silver, A3 *G
Situation seems very confused. I'm booked to travel Monday LCY-FRA-CPT. Spoke to an LH agent who confirmed FRA-CPT was cancelled but to call back later to re-book on SAA, have now called back and another agent insists FRA-CPT is running.

Hopefully things will become clearer soon....
Old Feb 19, 2010, 11:01 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Special timetables for 22-25 February are now available on the lh.com website.

http://www.lufthansa.com/online/port...l=en&cid=18002
Old Feb 19, 2010, 11:02 am

Programs: Lufthansa Senator, Hilton Diamond VIP, Marriott Gold Elite, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by LHrelate
Authorization to rebook on 22-25FEB on many other carriers (including LX, OS, CO, AC, UA, US, and more) regardless of fare rules has been received this morning.
Ok. This is good news.

[calling call center]

Bad news. And now a pissed off passenger.

Case is: this morning I called my TA, asked to be rebooked, but could only choose LH. Did an unwise choice of choosing to rebook at this point SZG-LNZ-DUS-MAN with a 5hrs stopover in DUS.

Saw Michelle's note and tried to call the hotline to get rebooked on the much better SZG-ZRH-MAN route... to no avail as "I had made my change" and my "SZG-LNZ-DUS-MAN" route would be flown...

Old Feb 19, 2010, 11:30 am

Programs: UA Global Svcs 3 MM, LH Senator, BA Gold
I just received this email from LH.
Dear Lufthansa customer,

Due to a strike we needed to cancel your flight LH455 on 22.02.2010. We regret any inconvenience this cancellation may cause you.

Further information and the current status of your booking is available on www.lufthansa.com.

Please be assured that we will do our best to minimize any adverse effects of the strike.

Yours sincerely

Deutsche Lufthansa AG

Last edited by Marin 1K; Feb 19, 2010 at 11:31 am Reason: clean up
Old Feb 19, 2010, 11:38 am

Programs: LH-SEN, DL-Platinum
I checked and saw that my flight was cancelled on lh.com, called SEN Hotline, and they first had to verify that it was cancelled. But am now booked on LX. They also offered SG to me.
Old Feb 19, 2010, 12:08 pm

Exclamation

Hi all,

It took some time for the schedule to filter through all systems and channels but it is done now. That is why there was for a short time some inconsistency between lh.com vs. Amadeus availability vs. call center info.

Now that official strike schedule is posted on lh.com please consider that as gospel until it is updated again, possibly on Monday or Tuesday.

Best,
Michelle
Old Feb 19, 2010, 12:13 pm

Programs: Various
Originally Posted by LHrelate
If you want to rebook for 26FEB
Would that be necessary? Isn't it already decided the pilots will be back at work on the 26th? Could it be problems trying to fly from the US on the 26th?
Old Feb 19, 2010, 12:30 pm

Originally Posted by Fredrik74
Would that be necessary? Isn't it already decided the pilots will be back at work on the 26th? Could it be problems trying to fly from the US on the 26th?
Sorry, I was not clear. I meant if you are booked from 22-25FEB and you want to change instead to 26FEB or later (as opposed to rebooking for 22-25FEB on OAL) then carriers are limited to those allowed by ticketed fare rules.

26FEB is expected to operate normally but of course volumes will be higher than usual because of the rebooking policy.

Hope this clarifies,
Michelle
Old Feb 19, 2010, 12:54 pm
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Well as you would expect from LH things turn out well: This strike is turning into quite a mileage run for me. Instead of the original booking of DUB-FRA-TLV and back it now turns into: DUB-ZRH-FRA-TLV-FRA-DUB, all in C.

The LH FRA-TLV leg is still operating so a nice detour via ZRH will add some extra miles, well only for the hardened mileage addict that is

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.