Community
Wiki Posts
Search

GenerationFly (Lufthansa) - Student Fares

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11, 2013, 1:32 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Gen fly tickets are usually based on the fact that you know when you will fly the outbound and are uncertain about the inbound/return date. In your case it seems to be the reverse.

Your plan should work, but finding the low fare class available during peak travel season may be an issue. That said there are a ton of flights out of Chicago that time of the year.
Old Jul 11, 2013, 2:07 am

I am a college student flying out of Ohare as well. I have always booked my tickets via generation fly. This is what i have learned in my 3 years booking via generationfly.

1. The prices for the student tickets varies a lot, I have seen prices dropping from 1200 to 900. So I would only book the ticket if you know the price you're getting at the moment is the probably as close to the lowest you can get. I am not sure what the cost your iternary usually is.

2. Changing dates on generation fly tickets is extremly difficult. The numbers posted on generation fly website, are no good. and most of regular LH agents dont know the terms and conditions of the special student fair ticket. I have had to pay a $250 change fee even though I booked a student fair that is eligible for a free date change prior to 21 days.

That being said, I would just advise you to book when your finals officialy end, like I do, and then enjoy the extra day or two on campus if your finals end up finishing early. If you're luck enough, you might be able to change dates once your schedule is finalized in sept.
Old Jan 14, 2015, 11:42 am

Any experiences with generationfly?

Hey- has anyone here used GenerationFly with Lufthansa to purchase tickets?

I found some pretty reasonably priced tickets and wanted to use the service to get a good deal on one-way tickets from the US to Europe. My significant other and I have valid college ID's to show at the airport (a requirement of the tickets), but my significant others' ID is from a European College whereas mine is from a US university.

So the first question is this: do they always check the student ID for these tickets? And secondly, if they do, how closely do they look at them? Any idea if there would be any problems with the European university card?
Old Jan 14, 2015, 12:27 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
You have to be a student, EU or US doesn't matter.
Old Mar 15, 2015, 1:50 am

Question

So I actually graduate from Uni, but I still have my generation fly account and I am using it to travel. My add is quite old (issued in 2011) but I am only 24. Will this be a problem when flying with lufthansa? Or will no one actually check?
Old Mar 15, 2015, 1:52 am

**So I actually graduated from Uni, but I still have my generationfly account and I have purchased a ticket with it. My student ID is quite old (issued in 2011) but I am only 24. Will this be a problem when flying with lufthansa? Or will no one actually check my ID?
Old Mar 15, 2015, 1:59 am

Programs: M&M SEN, Amex Plat, Club Carlson, Marriott, HHonors & Accor Gold, Velocity Silver, Qantas Bronze
Originally Posted by Pbas
So I actually graduate from Uni, but I still have my generation fly account and I am using it to travel. My add is quite old (issued in 2011) but I am only 24. Will this be a problem when flying with lufthansa? Or will no one actually check?
Originally Posted by Pbas
**So I actually graduated from Uni, but I still have my generationfly account and I have purchased a ticket with it. My student ID is quite old (issued in 2011) but I am only 24. Will this be a problem when flying with lufthansa? Or will no one actually check my ID?
Then you are a fraudster and shame on you... Hope they will nab you...

Passengers must be full-time students enrolled in an educational institution in the USA, and must have valid identification as noted below.
Old Jun 30, 2015, 2:06 pm
Used to be 'flymanbeast'

Programs: Delta silver/marriot platinum
Originally Posted by imhere2stay

2. Changing dates on generation fly tickets is extremly difficult. The numbers posted on generation fly website, are no good. and most of regular LH agents dont know the terms and conditions of the special student fair ticket. I have had to pay a $250 change fee even though I booked a student fair that is eligible for a free date change prior to 21 days.
They should uphold their program i would charge back the 250 and/or call Lufthansa or try a bbb complaint ( against the american branch)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.