Search

Pullman Bangkok King Power

Search this Thread

Old Jun 16, 2012, 10:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: M&M, TB, FB
Pullman Bangkok King Power

Hi all,

Im planning my stay with the family in the Pullman Bangkok King Power Hotel but asking myself, as a LeClub Platin Card holder, which rooms should I book ?

As we need 2 Rooms for wife, the kids and me (4 Persons) I would love to get into executive rooms, but I am not sure if they really upgrade it while checkin in ?

Or with their special priving right now, I can book the executive room and maybe get the suite....or book the suite and then see what they give extra

Anyone here stayed at the hotel ? Is it that good as tripadvisor and more sites report ?

Thnx alot
Mike
Old Jun 16, 2012, 10:08 am

I stayed there about 2 years ago. Very nice hotel. Nice breakfast buffet. Not a lot of attractions around it, though it is only a short walk (~ 5 minutes)to the BTS station.
Old Jun 16, 2012, 10:59 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Welcome to FlyerTalk and the Le Club Accorhotels forum Broo

The normal standard is one category up, so a deluxe room should be upgraded to an executive room. Note that the upgrade usually only applies to the cardholder's room (though considering that you are a family they may be a bit more flexible).

If you book suites you get suites, no further perks
Old Jun 16, 2012, 11:13 am
Original Poster

Programs: M&M, TB, FB
thank you for the warm welcome !

Well as I guessed..... so we will book the exec rooms and hope they upgrade to the suite, if not, no big deal, we don't want stay in the room all day, have only 3 nights to show the kids around and explore the sights in Bangkok

I read about problems if you cant show your platin card at check-in, while it is on the reservation. As the card is new and I got it from a promotion, this would be my first booking in a member hotel, shall I just print out the welcome email or so ?
Old Jun 16, 2012, 4:43 pm

Programs: VA Plat, QF LTS, UA MM, Hilton Diamond, Rydges Black, ,Le-Club Gold
Stayed there in January, very pleasant stay, upgrade preassigned and no need to show card. All staff falling over themselves to be helpful.
Old Jun 16, 2012, 8:07 pm

Programs: A3 Gold, SQ Gold, AT Gold, Accor Silver, HHonors Diamond, I Prefer Elite, DISCOVERY Titanium
Stayed at Pullman King Power for about 10 times so far 100% score on the upgrades. When you book an executive room the only scenario that they don't upgrade is when all the suite are fully booked.

Last edited by yauee; Jun 18, 2012 at 12:32 am
Old Jun 17, 2012, 10:18 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Accor Diamond, Qantas Platinum
Its also a great hotel and the club access is amazing. Puts the Pullman Pattaya Hotel G to shame (I'm here at the moment) with what's on offer in the club lounge. Enjoy the cocktails.
Old Jun 18, 2012, 6:12 am

I'm in the middle of my stay at the Pullman right now, enjoying my superior-to-deluxe room upgrade. Not quite as fancy as you guys =).
Old Jan 19, 2013, 1:30 pm

Programs: Accor Plat
Please advise me what to do. I booked the prepaid room in autumn's sale. My bank has banned sending credit's card details by email. I have a VISA Electron card which works normally and has enough money. I have received this email :

Greetings from Pullman Bangkok King Power Hotel
Regarding to your booking for hotel accommodation during 25 – 27 February 2013, with reference no. xxxxxx, please be informed that we were unable to charge your credit card in order to guarantee your booking.
Since this booking has been booked under prepaid and non-refundable conditions, it is not necessary to make a new reservation. Kindly allow us the credit card authorization and charge or provide us with another credit card’s details for prepayment process.

Thanks for advise
Old Jan 20, 2013, 2:29 am
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by eli22
I have a VISA Electron card
You need to use a credit card, Visa Electron is a debit card.
Old Jan 20, 2013, 12:05 pm

Thank you Starflyergold.
All my cards are debit. I haven't credit card. What can I do? Shall I cancel my reservation?
Old Jan 20, 2013, 2:19 pm
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by eli22
Thank you Starflyergold.
All my cards are debit. I haven't credit card. What can I do? Shall I cancel my reservation?
You could write back to the hotel and ask them to charge you immediately and see if that works. Alternatively you need to book a rate that doesn't require a credit card guarantee (usually slightly more expensive).
Old Jan 20, 2013, 11:53 pm

I'll try it. Thank you.
Old Mar 12, 2013, 2:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
I assume it is easy to walk to the airport train from this hotel? About how long does it take to get to the airport and what time does the train start?
Old Mar 12, 2013, 5:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by stimpy
I assume it is easy to walk to the airport train from this hotel? About how long does it take to get to the airport and what time does the train start?
It is not hugely complicated but you need to know more or less where you are going. It might be simpler to take the BTS at Victory monument for one stop to Phaya Thai if you are not overly familiar. From BTS, you cross the shopping centre and there are complimentary Tuk Tuks to King Power if you do not want to bother with the 100m/200m walk to KP (and vice-versa in the other direction) although these might not be available outside shopping hours.
If you want to walk to Phaya Thai from Pullman KP. turn right as you leave the hotel and keep going to exit the KP complex at its southern end on Thanon Si Ayutthaya. Turn right on Th. Si Ayutthaya and keep going until you read Th. Phaya Thai, where you must turn left. At some point, you will need to cross Th Si Ayutthaya, which is a bit of a pain. You can use one a pedestrian bridge, or you can cross at street level near Th Phaya Thai.

IIRC, the train runs from 6am. Note that the express trains are now few and far between and you might be better off taking a commuter train which only adds 10-ish minutes anyway (express circa 20 mins and commuter circa 30 mins). See the Thailand forum for more info on the current status of the airport train link.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.