Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

Pullman Bangkok Hotel G (previously Sofitel Bangkok Silom)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 13, 2010, 8:09 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum

Planning to book several nights at Sofitel Bangkok Silom for a rather large private group (about 6 or 7 rooms). Any opinions about this property from fellow FTs?
Old Jul 14, 2010, 12:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
I stayed there many times. This is a great hotel with large rooms and great staff. Very good location in Bangkok
you won't be disappointed
Old Jul 14, 2010, 2:33 am

Programs: FB Gold, IC Gold Amb, Le Club Plat.
Originally Posted by starflyergold
Planning to book several nights at Sofitel Bangkok Silom for a rather large private group (about 6 or 7 rooms). Any opinions about this property from fellow FTs?
Great hotel, like other Thai' hotels are friendly!
U can get better rates if contact directly to your local Accor office
Old Jul 15, 2010, 12:28 pm
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Thanks guys, just one more question: Is this the better of the current two Sofitels in BKK?
Old Jul 16, 2010, 12:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by starflyergold
Thanks guys, just one more question: Is this the better of the current two Sofitels in BKK?
I don't know as I've never been to the other one. But I prefer the Silom Rd location and, again, this hotel is really great. I made about 5-6 stays there and have never been disappointed.

Last edited by Goldorak; Sep 20, 2010 at 3:53 pm Reason: typo
Old Sep 20, 2010, 3:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
I'm confused. There is the Grand Sukhumvit Hotel, which was previously the Sofitel, but still a Sofitel. This hotel I know. Then there is the Sofitel Bangkok Silom. Which is a better choice? Or is the choice simply down to the neighborhood?
Old Sep 20, 2010, 4:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by stimpy
I'm confused. There is the Grand Sukhumvit Hotel, which was previously the Sofitel, but still a Sofitel. This hotel I know. Then there is the Sofitel Bangkok Silom. Which is a better choice? Or is the choice simply down to the neighborhood?
There are currently 2 sofitel in Bangkok
- silom
- centara grand bangkok

The 1st one is on Silom Rd (see my post above). The 2nd one is close to the old airport (Don Muang). I've never been to the Centara one so I cannot comment on how nice it is. The location is convenient if you have to work in this area but not if you want to be downtown. I've always been to the Silom one and had always excellent stays here.

A 3rd one will open in july 2011 on Sukhumvit rd

I hope this clarifies
Old Sep 21, 2010, 12:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

What is this one? This is the old Sofitel, right?

http://www.accorhotels.com/gb/hotel-...el/index.shtml

Very close to the Sheraton Sukhumvit.
Old Sep 21, 2010, 4:46 am

Programs: AA EXP/4MM UA 1MM, HY Global, Bon Lft Plat, HH Dia
This hotel was called The Sofitel Grand Sukhumvit. Seems like the Sofitel name only lasted a short time, but it was at a time when Bangkok had a larger number of hotels sporting the Sofitel name. It was designed as a suite hotel and was very popular with families from the Middle East when opened.

Stayed here a few years ago when they offered great soft opening rates.
Old Sep 24, 2010, 11:46 pm

Programs: Lufthansa FTL, HHonors Gold, Le Club Accorhotels Platinum
Originally Posted by dlflyer2
Seems like the Sofitel name only lasted a short time, ...
yep, it was "rebranded" in january 2009

... and was very popular with families from the Middle East when opened.
it still is ...

Stayed here a few years ago when they offered great soft opening rates.
the last 2 years I stayed there on several occasions with promotions from 1.600 THB++ to 1.700 THB++, the regular standard rate starts from about 2.600 THB++

Even they are not supposed to do so, they treat Platinum Member pretty nicely. Everytime I stayed there I got upgraded to a diamond suite. Great deal ^
Old Oct 11, 2010, 10:48 am

Programs: AY, BT, DY and SK. Scandic, Radisson, Marriott and HHonors. ClubONE
How is the executive lounge at this property? Is it worth to buy an upgrade? How is the pool/gym? Are they charged separately? What else is there to do in the neigborhood except shopping?
Old Oct 12, 2010, 12:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by tsastor
How is the executive lounge at this property? Is it worth to buy an upgrade? How is the pool/gym? Are they charged separately? What else is there to do in the neigborhood except shopping?
As others have said the hotel itself is quite good...The lounge is "fine"....The pool is very "small/dark" and should not be a determining factor on whether to stay here or not ! The pool is certainly not charged (IME).....Apart from shopping, you are close to the river(tourism), patpong etc. I think the worst thing about the hotel is the traffic on that part of Silom road during different times of the day. I have always enjoyed the Lenotre cafe in the lobby......but I like patisserie!
Old Oct 12, 2010, 10:42 am

Programs: AY, BT, DY and SK. Scandic, Radisson, Marriott and HHonors. ClubONE
Originally Posted by Q Shoe Guy
As others have said the hotel itself is quite good...The lounge is "fine"....The pool is very "small/dark" and should not be a determining factor on whether to stay here or not ! The pool is certainly not charged (IME).....Apart from shopping, you are close to the river(tourism), patpong etc. I think the worst thing about the hotel is the traffic on that part of Silom road during different times of the day. I have always enjoyed the Lenotre cafe in the lobby......but I like patisserie!
Thanks, sounds like the hotel offers good value in itself, but still not sure about the merits of the club/lounge and whether I should try to get a room with access. Are there drinks available all day or just some happy hour in the evening? What about snacks?
Old Oct 12, 2010, 10:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks, sounds like the hotel offers good value in itself, but still not sure about the merits of the club/lounge and whether I should try to get a room with access. Are there drinks available all day or just some happy hour in the evening? What about snacks?
IMHO it is never a good idea to pay a lot for Club access in BKK. Food and drink is so very cheap and so very good just outside the hotel doors.
Old Oct 13, 2010, 12:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

The club lounge includes free breakfast and free drinks (including wine, not sure about other alcohol drinks) in the evening. Excellent service.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.