Wiki Posts
Search

New GlobalPass website

Search this Thread

Old Dec 31, 2002, 4:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United 1K
New GlobalPass website

The new GlobalPass website looks very professional and we've been told it will be fully operational this week, and it does say you can transfer miles to Hilton.

It looks like Guy Booth has big plans for GlobalPass with an opportunity to expand their base of airlines, hotels, car rental companies etc.
Old Dec 31, 2002, 5:48 pm

I just logged on: maybe I am just stupid but I can not find any information about award levels and number of points required. What I did find disturbing was although I have over 300,000 miles and the balance is being reported correctly, the next line indicates I only have 19,700 available miles. Available miles is a new term and I hope this is just a mistake. Anybody else see this.
Old Dec 31, 2002, 7:00 pm
Original Member

Programs: AS 100K
I think available miles refers to how many miles you actually flown or earned for hotel and car rental (not bonus miles). Mine read about 29000 which should be about right.

The best part was to go back and look at the history of my mileage run. You have to put in specific dates. It will only tell you the date, airline/flight number, routing and date miles posted. I only got through a few dates before the server went offline but it is interesting to note that most of my miles which I flew in April/May were not posted until 30 Oct 2000.

Still need to much more research when the server is back up.

Regds
Jay
Old Dec 31, 2002, 10:49 pm

Sorry to so negative on New Year's Eve, especially after my Terps kicked Tennessee's butt in the Peach bowl tonight, but...

The site is not currently working, except for the initial page. Every link generates an error. I'll reserve my final judgement as to how "professional" the new site is, but first impressions aren't very good.

Also, it is bad Web design (IMHO) to make the customer site and the provider site available from the same portal. Intranets and extranets should be completely separate from public Web sites. Displaying forbidden links just makes visitors wonder needlessly about what's hidden in the restricted areas.

Their claims of "21st century technology" are dubious and actually kind of sad, given the way they've neglected the LatinPass site and now launched the GP site with an immediate crash.

Old Jan 1, 2003, 7:56 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, DL Gold, LP ex-Millionaire!
I have to agree with dhacker. I had high hopes for the new website but from the initial page (which is the only one I can see--the site is still down this morning) I'm disappointed. In this day and age to be presented with a bunch of text and some unrelated links on a website landing page is certainly not 21st century technology.

Oh well, I'll be very happy if I can ever see my points online....
Old Jan 1, 2003, 10:20 am
Original Member

cy-gone and Jay--Have they actually e-mailed you out a password of some sort, or did you just log in with your name and account number? I would hope they are going to have some higher level of security than just name and account number.

Djlawman
Old Jan 1, 2003, 10:33 am

I may be one of the few that has actually had access to the site so I will give you a brief review. You can acquire a new pin # by inputting your old LP number and your birthday. Unfortunately both the Frequent Flyer number and new pin number are clearly visable in the URL that opens the next page of the site. This is a serious security flaw! I can still see this URL in my past visited sites so I would not access this account from any public computer. Lets hope this is something they are working on. With all the time they had to prepare you would think such an obvious problem would have been resolved.

On the plus side it was possible to view all your past activity, including hotel, car rental and flights. The transfer points option was not working and I was not able to see which programs could be transferred too or from. I checked every link and could find no information about mileage requirements for awards. This was most important to me and I could not locate the information anywhere.

Some new program details were available. In the news section two airlines will be joining the program: Spirit and I believe Icaro of Ecuador are joining but not presently members. Alaska airlines was not mentioned as a member or joining in the future! The site does mention that Spirit will participate in a way as to allow some sort of premium award, and hinted at this requiring more points, however this was not clear. In the rules section it was noted that many discount fares will now only permit 50% of the mileage.

Overall I was deeply disappointed with the product and can only hope what I saw was the Beta site and not the finished product. Thirty minuets after viewing the new Global Pass site it crashed and only the opening page is now visable.

[This message has been edited by cy-gone (edited 01-01-2003).]
Old Jan 1, 2003, 2:15 pm

It's working now, more or less. Seing my statement is very nice, but many features are disabled or not functioning properly. I tried to add business contact information and to register my Hilton transfer account without success. However, I WAS able to view access types for service providers, something I doubt GP would want to share with the public.

They REALLY need to change the way they display the account number and PIN in the unsecured URL's ASAP. Anyone on the Internet route between the user and the GP server could intercept that unencrypted information.
Old Jan 1, 2003, 3:13 pm
Original Member

well, was able to go online and check balances for both my wife and myself. While somewhat elementary, it was useful information (cuz when was the last time you saw a statement?)

Djlawman
Old Jan 1, 2003, 4:13 pm

Has anyone seen information on award levels? What does available miles mean to you? Mine does not equal number of miles I accumulated on past flights and hotel car rentals. I was able to log on again but I must agree it is not a good idea to share this information with the whole internet. The good news for now (or is it bad news) you can not do anything at the site. It is not possible to transfer miles and presently just displays old information. I must admit it is good to finaly get a statement, but Global Passes major claim to fame was the integrated internet access. If this is the best they can do after all this time........
Old Jan 1, 2003, 7:43 pm
Original Member

Programs: SPG Platinum Premier-
One thing that I did note in looking through the site was:

GlobalPass mileage does not expire as customers remain active. All earned mileage will expire if the account does not reflect a qualifying activity within 36 months from the last Service Date.

Qualifying activity is defined as earned mileage credits on a GlobalPass participating Service Provider or transferring miles INBOUND from a Participating "Transfer" Program.

Transfer of miles OUTBOUND to a Transfer Program is not considered a qualifying activity.

What is great is that a transfer in will keep the miles active. I did not realize this from Latinpass. Also it is interesting that they use the term "Service Date" the term is capitalized so I assume it has a definition which is not listed. Would a Service Date be the issuance of a reward ticket? Well anyway, I will be transfering in some miles to make sure the others do not expire.
Old Jan 1, 2003, 8:13 pm

I can get to the login page but can't get it to log me in. Do you use your full birthdate as in mmddyyyy or what part of it in what order? Also, do you use the whole LP number from the 598 xxxx xxxx or skip the 598?

thanks
Old Jan 1, 2003, 8:24 pm

Use this link http://www.globalpass.com/cgi_bin/fo...ccess=Register whole LP number with no spaces
Old Jan 1, 2003, 8:40 pm

thanks for the quick response, worked like a charm!
Old Jan 2, 2003, 1:13 am
nsw

Location: Davis, CA - USA - Latinpass Half-Million Miler, UAL Sympathizer, SWA Junkie
I was happy to see my first statement since 2000, and the site has aesthetic appeal. Other than that... Wait until you've got full functionality before launch.

It was indeed fun to review my routing for the half mil run - good memories.

Cheers,
nsw

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.