Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > LatinPass/GlobalPass
Reload this Page >

WARNING!!! Salt but with a little sugar

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

WARNING!!! Salt but with a little sugar

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29, 2005, 1:55 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Former DL GM, NW Platinum, UNITED PREMIER, STARWOOD GOLD, RG, LP, US, AA & OTHERS
Exclamation WARNING!!! Salt but with a little sugar

I was asked to report about this, and it needed it's own thread. Here's this situation as it stands today!

The SALT...
I have a RETURN portion of a GP/LP Award (KLM) tkt. (for a friend) that I simply need to change the date. The Out-bound has already been used and I simply need to change the return. 1st I used "my message" then called twice and was told BY Globalpass (2 seperate employee's) to simply contact KLM and they would honor the DATE change, the tkt. was good for one year "no probelm".

Well let me tell you I called KLM/NW and they could see the reservation & seat confirmed but advised me I had to call KLM/Air France, so I did. KLM/Air France referred me back to a # which turned out to be the same people KLM/NW that I had just spoken to! I then called back KLM/Air France and they advised me since the tkt. was on TACA stock (they asked) I needed to call TACA, so I did. Well the gentleman at TACA did his best to try and change the tkt. he COULD NOT find the tkt. # in their system!!! I was told to have my Friend call the TACA office in Brazil (since the tkt is in Brazil now & he thought it would have to be sent in and re-issued) so my friend called Taca in Brazil and they said that since it was a KLM flight we needed to contact KLM, that KLM did the ticket. Well KLM was contacted today in Brazil and they said that we had to Contact (guess who) GlobalPass, since they (GP/LP) wrote the ticket. I have called them again (today) and did the "my message" thing (again). As of today I have NOT been contacted back. So WARNING...don't think if you get a tkt. that you can change dates in the future...I would proceed with extreem caution even with TACA stock tkts. as TACA could not (so they said) find the tkt. # (that was issued on their stock!) in their system They ALL simply need to get their story straight and tell the truth. I am sick of going around in circles.

Any ideas??? HELP!

Now the SUGAR...
The girls over at GlobalPass must be ready to quit, before their demise. I am sure they are being over-run with request and they have always been very pleasant and helpful with any question & booking. This RUN was a God Send for those of us fortunate to have made it.

The Plot Thickens
Old Jun 29, 2005, 3:34 pm

Originally Posted by BOA VIAGEM
So WARNING...don't think if you get a tkt. that you can change dates in the future...I would proceed with extreem caution even with TACA stock tkts. as TACA could not (so they said) find the tkt. # (that was issued on their stock!) in their system
You may have a problem with KLM not seeing the record but we will not have such a problem with TACA as TACA already has the ticket numbers in the records for the flights that GP took over and charged my credit card for the fees.
Old Jun 29, 2005, 4:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Former DL GM, NW Platinum, UNITED PREMIER, STARWOOD GOLD, RG, LP, US, AA & OTHERS
Originally Posted by Harvey108
You may have a problem with KLM not seeing the record but we will not have such a problem with TACA as TACA already has the ticket numbers in the records for the flights that GP took over and charged my credit card for the fees.
KLM can see the record & verified. NWA can see the record & verified. Air France can see the record & verified. TACA can see the record but NOT their TKT #, so they say, how could they NOT see the number?
They ALL refer you to the "other" one to make a change.
The return date in Sept. is confirmed and EVERYONE can see it, just can't/won't figure out how to change the date. NWA/KLM/AF all asked me if it was TACA stock, and TACA act's like they don't see the tkt number even though they gave it to GP/LP & the record exist in everyone's system. Heck I can even pull it up and see it exist on KLM's website, just that it's valid for Sept., can't access it "of course". Wish I could, I would change the date...lol (TACA refers you to KLM)
TACA had the tkt # in the record prior to the 1st leg in March (I'm sure-otherwise how could my friend have flown), why does everyone refer to the other one, and around, and around we go.
Old Jun 30, 2005, 11:18 am
Original Poster

Thumbs down I knew it!

Well I did in fact this morning get a call back from Globalpass. It was as I suspected they told me NO change date could be honored by TACA or KLM, that either you fly the date on the tkt or lose the tkt or should I say in my case the return portion! I was still told "good for 1 year" EVEN TODAY , but they could not make a change & you could just chance it and show up -Yeah RIGHT! BAH HUMBUG $%&*#
As I stated "WARNING" you need to take extreme caution when booking (today- the last day) thinking you will simply change the date. This tkt was on TACA stock, so you may have a problem in the future.
I am going to make One-Last ditch effort today to get TACA to agree & I will send them the tkt. and pay the $35 change fee. I am not saying that what I was told is not the truth but I need to follow up one last time for my own sake, as Globalpass stated they tried TACA and KLM.

Last edited by BOA VIAGEM; Jun 30, 2005 at 11:40 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.