Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Buenos Aires-JFK Flights

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2017, 11:01 am
Original Poster

Buenos Aires-JFK Flights

Hello, I have a question about these dreamliner flights. It looks like the flight stops at SCL. Does everyone have to get off the plane?
Old Feb 13, 2017, 11:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by ASUDan130
Hello, I have a question about these dreamliner flights. It looks like the flight stops at SCL. Does everyone have to get off the plane?
Yes, and it will be a new crew and possibly different aircraft. You will have to go through a quick transit security, and then have additional gate security when you board the JFK flight.
Old Feb 20, 2017, 6:07 am

Programs: LATAM Black / IHG Platinum / Avis Preferred Plus
I have done this one and unless your ticket mentions a different plane you will go to SCL in the 787, but there you will get off and then do the entire thing again.
Although SCL security is not that bad and you are already in the boarding area.
Old Feb 20, 2017, 6:23 am
Original Poster

Thanks! I assume with 1 hr 20 min between flights that there is still ample time to check out the lounge?
Old Feb 20, 2017, 9:18 am

Programs: LANPASS
not really... even though you'll remain airside an transit security is a fairly quick process, by the time you are through you'll be very close to boarding. gate closes 20 minutes before scheduled blocks-off time and boarding to the US is "slow" as you have to go through handbag checks for liquids

by the time you get to the lounge, you'll have to go
Old Feb 20, 2017, 12:18 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jlarroulet
not really... even though you'll remain airside an transit security is a fairly quick process, by the time you are through you'll be very close to boarding. gate closes 20 minutes before scheduled blocks-off time and boarding to the US is "slow" as you have to go through handbag checks for liquids

by the time you get to the lounge, you'll have to go
Are you saying the gate closes 20 minutes before take off? What time does boarding start?
Old Feb 20, 2017, 1:25 pm

Originally Posted by ASUDan130
Are you saying the gate closes 20 minutes before take off? What time does boarding start?
No, gate closes 20 minutes before scheduled blocks-off (departure) time.

Departure time is the time at which chocks are removed from the landing gear and the plane is ready for pushback and engine start. What you see in itineraries is NEVER takeoff time

LATAM usually begins boarding US-bound flights around 45-50 minutes before departure.
Old Feb 23, 2017, 7:21 pm
Original Poster

thanks for the info! One more question. How do snacks work on the long haul flights? I know some airlines keep a basket or have a special area for grab and go snacks during the middle of the flight and some of a la carte items? What does LATAM do?
Old Feb 24, 2017, 4:55 am

You will get a full service meal and breakfast on the SCL-JFK leg. IIRC, they don't provide snacks in between in Y (can't remember if they do on J), but they will have beverages available in the back galley for Y and the front galley for J
Old Feb 24, 2017, 4:00 pm

Programs: LATAM Gold, IHG Gold Ambassador
Originally Posted by jlarroulet
You will get a full service meal and breakfast on the SCL-JFK leg. IIRC, they don't provide snacks in between in Y (can't remember if they do on J), but they will have beverages available in the back galley for Y and the front galley for J
LATAM doesn't offer snacks between meals
Old Feb 24, 2017, 4:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
I don't ever recall snacks, whether it be on Lan Chile, LAN, or LATAM, even on an LAX/SCL nonstop.
Old Feb 27, 2017, 7:52 am

Originally Posted by Gio Salinas
LATAM doesn't offer snacks between meals
Thank you. I couldn't remember clearly (as most of the time I sleep like a bear throughout the flight)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.