Wiki Posts
Search

LATAM Business class JFK-YYZ

Search this Thread

Old May 14, 2016, 11:28 pm
Original Poster

LATAM Business class JFK-YYZ

Hi,

I have booked a business class flight flying JFK-YYZ, Will I have access to a lounge in JFK? if so, which one?

How long before the flight should I arrive at JFK?

I forgot to add my QF frequent flyer when booking, how can I add it now? I have looked at my booking on the LATAM site but it doesn't have an option.

Thanks
Old May 16, 2016, 7:14 pm

Programs: BA
Originally Posted by Ben170292
I forgot to add my QF frequent flyer when booking, how can I add it now? I have looked at my booking on the LATAM site but it doesn't have an option.
You can add it it checkin, either online or in the airport. Or by phone.
Old May 23, 2016, 3:38 am

Originally Posted by Ben170292
Hi,

I have booked a business class flight flying JFK-YYZ, Will I have access to a lounge in JFK? if so, which one?

How long before the flight should I arrive at JFK?

Thanks
My understanding is that you will have access to the AA lounge.
you may need to ask for a pass at check in
Old May 27, 2016, 5:41 pm

Yes. You will have access to American Airlines lounge.

Make sure you arrive a minimum of 2 hours prior because the TSA lines are beyond ridiculous!

On another note... Just today, I booked a one-way Business Class seat on this route in Nov. and it was $89 taxes and fees included!
Old Jun 5, 2016, 3:10 pm

Originally Posted by imverge
Yes. You will have access to American Airlines lounge.

Make sure you arrive a minimum of 2 hours prior because the TSA lines are beyond ridiculous!

On another note... Just today, I booked a one-way Business Class seat on this route in Nov. and it was $89 taxes and fees included!

Did you book it on Latam.com?
Old Jun 30, 2016, 1:41 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Just flyer JJ8102 yesterday in J. Got to check in counter around 80 minutes to departure. No one dedicated to J counters. 4 agents working economy. Agents weren't proactive in handling J queue. Check-in counters close 60 minutes to departure.

TSA lines weren't bad. 10-15 minutes.

J seats are not bad but showing signs of lack of upkeep despite being only 3 years old. Cosmetic trim damaged or in some cases, missing entirely. None the less, best service to YYZ compared to the competition.
Old Jun 30, 2016, 6:26 pm

Originally Posted by Macondo
Did you book it on Latam.com?
No I booked Expedia
Old Jun 30, 2016, 8:50 pm

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
Flew the JFK-YYZ route two weeks ago. My experience mirrors others. There is a Business class line but no designated J counter but agents are good about giving you priority. My check-in agent was friendly, proficient & professional. We also shared exact birthdays. At check-in you get a lounge pass. Also had access to the AA priority line. TSA line was minimal when I went through around 8:40am. You can access either AA lounge but there is one near the gate that has a decent view and wasn't nearly 50% full. My two adult beverages, a bagel and an espresso passed the time. Seats are showing age & for long haul I would consider them tight & aged. Predeparture drink was water or juice. Takeoff was smooth and service began shortly. Business Class load was about 40% that day and I was in 1L. IFE screen is decent sized and ok selection but with a flight time of 1 hour you can only see so much. A small meal of two small sandwiches was more than satisfying. Sadly they do not stock tequila on JJ but had a nice whiskey to taste. Talking to the FAs in Portuguese, even broken, gets a warm welcome. I paid 89$ for the flight and would do it again and again. My priority tagged luggage did not come out first as first unloaded was connecting traffic but then my bag and the other short hop priority bags came off followed by the rest of the plane's luggage. I've always found that checked baggage at YYZ is a long wait. Road the UP Express which was quite a nice change.
Old Jun 30, 2016, 10:02 pm
Original Member

Champagne was offered pre departure on my flight. Seat is just about tight for anyone over 6'. My bag was actually one of the first to come out. Literally came out within 2 minutes of me getting to carousel. No wait for immigration if Canadian or US passport and using ABC kiosk. This was the best arrival experience with a checked bag I've had in recent memory.
Old Aug 8, 2016, 2:02 pm

FYI: This route is being cancelled as of Oct. 1 2016

http://www.routesonline.com/news/38/...e-in-sep-2016/
Old Aug 8, 2016, 2:46 pm
Original Member

Originally Posted by imverge
FYI: This route is being cancelled as of Oct. 1 2016

http://www.routesonline.com/news/38/...e-in-sep-2016/
Thanks. Not the first time this was discontinued. Maybe they will bring it back next summer.
Old Aug 8, 2016, 2:47 pm

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
Well that sucks. I am in London the week of the last flight or I would do a last flight booking.
Old Aug 8, 2016, 2:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by seawolf
Thanks. Not the first time this was discontinued. Maybe they will bring it back next summer.
I doubt it. Aren't they starting (or considering starting) YYZ/LIM? With that, the JFK route is wholly unnecessary.
Old Aug 8, 2016, 3:11 pm

Programs: LATAM PASS Black Signature, AA EXP 3MM, BA Blue
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
Aren't they starting (or considering starting) YYZ/LIM? With that, the JFK route is wholly unnecessary.
Yes, LATAM Perú is considering opening a LIM-YYZ route initially 3x weekly with the B763 during 2017...
Old Aug 8, 2016, 3:20 pm

Programs: LATAMPass Gold, AA Gold, DL Silver Medallion
SCL, have you heard anything new about the LIM-ORD idea?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.