Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > LATAM | LATAM Pass
Reload this Page >

All seats open for seat selection on lan.com

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2015, 1:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: LANPASS Premium Silver, SPG Gold Prefered Guest, Mahalo Rewards

Every seat is available for selection on lan.com, even reserved seats (exit rows, row 1).

Selected seats on a 787, A320-100, and 767-300.
Old Feb 11, 2015, 1:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by alomme
Every seat is available for selection on lan.com, even reserved seats (exit rows, row 1).

Selected seats on a 787, A320-100, and 767-300.
I don't understand your post. Your profile says:
Programs: LANPASS Premium Silver
So do you mean you see those seats avialable when you're logged in with your LANPASS elite status, or that you see those seats available even when not logged in (or when someone else without status is logged in)?

It's very common for an airline to show more seats available to those with status than to those without status.
Old Feb 11, 2015, 1:17 pm

Programs: Delta 1MM/PM, BAEC GGL, Asiana Diamond Plus(Lifetime), AC *Tangerine
Are you sure this was really lan.com? If so which country? I've always had the site not show seats available for elites as both as a Premium Silver or a Comodoro!

Of course it's LAN so YMMV!
Old Feb 11, 2015, 2:26 pm

Programs: LATAMPass Gold, AA Gold, DL Silver Medallion
I can confirm this. I am just premium but logged in using the US site (english) and it worked for an upcoming flight. But note that it only works on the flights and fares that allow seat seletection (I have another one where I couldn't get to the select your flight screen because my fare won't allow it).

I think it might be a glitch. Also, there were unavailable seats but presumably those were taken already. Just confirmed two premium economy seats on my upcoming LP flight. Didn't had to pay the extra $ they want for those.

Last edited by MfromL; Feb 11, 2015 at 2:32 pm
Old Feb 12, 2015, 2:59 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sdsearch
I don't understand your post. Your profile says:
Programs: LANPASS Premium Silver
So do you mean you see those seats avialable when you're logged in with your LANPASS elite status, or that you see those seats available even when not logged in (or when someone else without status is logged in)?

It's very common for an airline to show more seats available to those with status than to those without status.
I am traveling with a friend that has no status, not even a LanPass number, and he was able to select reserved seats.
Old Feb 12, 2015, 3:00 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ttuna3
Are you sure this was really lan.com? If so which country? I've always had the site not show seats available for elites as both as a Premium Silver or a Comodoro!

Of course it's LAN so YMMV!
We did it from the Chile and US sites.
Old Feb 13, 2015, 5:03 am

Programs: LANPASS Comodoro (Emerald), others
Good heads up. Maybe it is part of the seemingly long ramp up to implement pay $$ for seats?
Old Feb 13, 2015, 8:28 am

Programs: LATAMPass Gold, AA Gold, DL Silver Medallion
Originally Posted by bingocallerb22
Good heads up. Maybe it is part of the seemingly long ramp up to implement pay $$ for seats?
If you are refering to $ for 'premium' economy seats or exit rows, I have seen that going on in LP site for quite some time for both LA and LP flights.
Old Feb 13, 2015, 9:47 am

Programs: LATAM PASS Black Signature, AA EXP 3MM, BA Blue
Originally Posted by bingocallerb22
Payment for preferential seating opened up on January 22, 2015 on *all routes operated by LAN: http://www.lan.com/es_cl/sitio_perso...disponibles/#;

*Not available on flights to IPC/PPT and on domestic flights operated by LAN Argentina.
Old Feb 17, 2015, 5:06 am

Programs: BA
Curious.

Doing seat allocation myself yesterday on two separate flights I saw that the priority rows, which were marked as available for Emerald, and even coloured in a nice shade of St Paddy's Day beer, had /exactly/ the same availability.
Old Feb 17, 2015, 7:34 am

Programs: LANPASS Comodoro (Emerald), others
Yeah and that relates to the observation too many seats appear booked at T-48 tho I have always thought the colour was a more patriotic Colombian emerald green.
Old Feb 17, 2015, 4:55 pm

Thank you for that .

Unfortunately, the online seat selection ability does not apply to oneworld award seats - just keep on getting the "spinning circle" half way thru the request.
Old Feb 18, 2015, 9:44 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinium
Originally Posted by ozflier
Thank you for that .

Unfortunately, the online seat selection ability does not apply to oneworld award seats - just keep on getting the "spinning circle" half way thru the request.
Call them, as OW award ticket, you should be able to select a seat. I'm able to do it with my July flight to SCL (Copa America ). This is a Y seat and I used my BA Avios points.
Old Apr 30, 2015, 5:37 pm

Originally Posted by fedechat
Call them, as OW award ticket, you should be able to select a seat. I'm able to do it with my July flight to SCL (Copa America ). This is a Y seat and I used my BA Avios points.
You are exactly right.

Have called on several occasions and have been able to select suitable seats - LAN is easier to do as it has a 1800 number in Australia .

TAM I needed to go via LAN and leave a message and phone number and sure enough , they rang back and seating allocated.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.