Wiki Posts
Search

Refund on "I" booking class?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 15, 2014, 4:50 am
Original Poster

Refund on "I" booking class?

Hi!

I'm new at LAN. I want to purchase a SCL-IPC-SCL on I class (J cabin) and LAN.com website says that it is fully refundable but ITA says that this fare is not refundable at all. Any suggestions?

I need to be sure before booking that this fare is fully refundable so if anyone have any clue...

Thanks!
Old Sep 15, 2014, 1:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
There are a myriad of I fares. I've had them anywhere from fully refundable, to $200 penalty for refund, to non-refundable. You need to know the full fare basis of the ticket that you are about to purchase, i.e., INRX000, ILMNOP, INOOOFU, etc.
Old Sep 16, 2014, 10:36 am

Programs: KE MC Premium, BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, AZ FA+, Melia Gold
Have a similar question about an H class fare, in this case HSA3.

My ticket says it doesn't allow refunds before or on the same day of the flight. Allows refunds after the flight's departure date at no extra charge.

Does this mean I can get a refund on these two portions of the booking (it's a SA Lanpass booking) if I don't fly?

I will stil have enough legs on my South America Pass.

Sorry, not that familiar with LAN's policies and a couple of friends in Madrid have had a hell of a time getting refunds out of them even where clearly valid..
Old Sep 17, 2014, 8:05 am

Programs: LANPASS Comodoro (Emerald), others
Originally Posted by noubliepas
Have a similar question about an H class fare, in this case HSA3.

My ticket says it doesn't allow refunds before or on the same day of the flight. Allows refunds after the flight's departure date at no extra charge.

Does this mean I can get a refund on these two portions of the booking (it's a SA Lanpass booking) if I don't fly?

I will stil have enough legs on my South America Pass.

Sorry, not that familiar with LAN's policies and a couple of friends in Madrid have had a hell of a time getting refunds out of them even where clearly valid..
Is it a LanPass booking (using kms) or a SA Pass booking? If a LanPass booking you can miss segment domestically and tix remains OK. If not normally missing flight in the middle could result in the remaining flights being cancelled, no problem if they are the last two. Are your SA Pass tix on one tix?
Yes, sometimes getting a refund processed can be a life changing experience, sometimes not.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.