Wiki Posts
Search

Status Advice

Search this Thread

Old Aug 16, 2017, 9:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: LAN COMODORO
Status Advice

Hi guys, i am almost sure about this info but is always good to confirm.

My uncle (US resident) got status match to Black from United about 14 month ago. He already has fly a lot for business and is good for Platinum and close Black for next year, less than 8K Kms... but he will have to pay for that fly. That will give him black Status to April 2019.

But here is the think...... next year from Jan to Apr he has a lot of flys with Oneworld all pay by his company, those flys will put him in almost the same situation as today, about 11K Kms to Black in april.

For what i understand, if he only gets to Platinum next year, but after the 1st of April he get to Black, that status will be obtained for all the rest of that year (2018) and also for a full year (2019), that will end that black status by April 2020?
Old Aug 18, 2017, 7:52 am
Tic

Programs: LATAM Pass
Hello, first post here

To obtain Black status you have to reach criteria in CALENDAR year, so from January 1st to December 31th. Your uncle flights in next year will be counted for 2018 qualification.

According to LATAM website for US residents you need 75.000 Elite points + 12.000 Elite Dollars to become Black member. Remember that you need to obtain that points in calendar year. Once you meet those criteria you will be immediately promoted to higher category with expiration date of april next year, but in april the category will be renewed for one more year.

Cheers

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.