Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > LATAM | LATAM Pass
Reload this Page >

MEX LATAM Check-in desk hours? Self connecting

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 16, 2017, 2:35 am
Original Poster

Took advantage of a good Easter island fare from MEX. Starting out on a LATAM flight to LIM departing at 3:30pm

What time does the checkin desk open for LATAM flight in T1. It appears there are only 3 flights a day, one each to LIM, GRU, and SCL with LIM beong first at 3:30pm.

I'm going to need to self-connect from LAX and am most likely not going to be able to get my bags checked through on AM, AA, or UA. (Still deciding) I don't really want to have to deal with luggage storage for an hour or two or be stuck camping out pre-security with it till the desk opens.

Anyone got some info?

Thanks
RCK
Old Aug 16, 2017, 7:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
You cannot check your bags through on any carrier through MEX. Although the bags may be tagged through (on a single ticket, etc.), all MEX arrivals/connections must go through full formalities, just like USA connections. If you arrive AM, you'll have to take an inter-terminal connection.
Old Aug 16, 2017, 4:28 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
You cannot check your bags through on any carrier through MEX. Although the bags may be tagged through (on a single ticket, etc.), all MEX arrivals/connections must go through full formalities, just like USA connections. If you arrive AM, you'll have to take an inter-terminal connection.
Correct, but I should have been more clear. If I could "check-through" my bags, when I get to MEX, I would clear customs and then re-deposit my "checked-through" luggage at the connections drop zone.

Alas, since I will most likely only have luggage with baggage tags listing MEX as the ultimate destination, I will need to visit the LATAM desk to get NEW tags.

Thus why I need the hours of the desk and what to do otherwise.

RCK

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.