Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > LATAM | LATAM Pass
Reload this Page >

LATAM customer service is the worst ever!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LATAM customer service is the worst ever!

Search this Thread

Old Jul 18, 2017, 7:17 am
Original Poster

Angry LATAM customer service is the worst ever!

I don't know if my experience with LATAM is standard - for the sake of humanity.....I certainly hope not!

I booked flights on LATAM and received a notification that the flight times have changed by about 11 hours and that I now need to fly at those times. I have been trying to liaise with someone at LATAM about this but all I get is bog-standard replies that completely fail to read what I have written in my message. I understand that things like flight changes happen, but I also know that it makes sense to try to keep customers happy and when their requests are reasonable (like mine is), then the least one should expect is a personalised response. All I ever get from LATAM is seemingly standard replies that cover a host of different questions - it's as if they have some computer BOT that just replies to all customer service correspondence in the same way.

Does anyone know how I can get to deal with an actual person at LATAM? Are there people working at LATAM? Or are they at the forefront of the Artificial Intelligence race and I have, in fact, simply been dealing with computers all this time. I did send an email to their head office, but received no response. All I need is to correspond with someone at LATAM who is in management and who will appreciate the damage to their brand that their customer service people/computers are doing.
Old Jul 18, 2017, 8:13 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, LH FTL, FB Gold, LATAM Black Signature
Which LATAM is it?

Brazil, Chile, Argentina?
Old Jul 18, 2017, 8:24 am
Original Poster

Hi GRUflyer,

I do not know which LATAM it is. I bought the flights on their website and was charged in UK pounds. The flights are from Johannesburg to Buenos Aires (via Sao Paulo)
Old Jul 18, 2017, 8:30 am

Programs: British Airways Gold
Phone them, it's LATAM Brasil

What is your objective?
Old Jul 18, 2017, 8:43 am

Programs: US Air, UA BA LH AI DELTA MARRIOTT CHOICE SGP
While LATAM is "well known here re poor telephone and CUSTOMER Service I must relate a good experience.
We flew on AA miles on EY BOM to GRU. Transfered to LATAM GRU to Santiago, Chile. At bagge claim noticed two wheels of a four wheller bag were ripped off. Went to the baggage office, no questions asked, was given a brand new equal sized four wheeler soft sided bag. Took 12 minutes !
Old Jul 18, 2017, 3:37 pm

Programs: Delta 1MM/PM, BAEC GGL, Asiana Diamond Plus(Lifetime), AC *Tangerine
OP , welcome to Flyer Talk!

LATAM in general is not very responsive unless you get very lucky. I've only had to deal with Chile but even as a Black or a Comodoro get things to move is almost impossible especially if you have to get involved with the infamous Back Orifice. I've found about 3 CS agents that actually care in the English speaking section.

Your best course is to try and call them a couple of time and then if you get the usual nonsense canned reply or blow off then a snarky post to their Facebook page (I've always used FB but LATAM's others like Twitter, etc should work as well) will usually get a response in a couple of hours and the problem fixed quickly (think a couple of hours vice months when dealing with the Back Orifice). The LATAM social media team seems to have ways to get things done that normal CS staff can't.

Of course it's LATAM so YMMV!

Last edited by ttuna3; Jul 18, 2017 at 9:10 pm Reason: Senior Moment/ Typo
Old Jul 18, 2017, 6:37 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, LH FTL, FB Gold, LATAM Black Signature
LATAM Brasil does have phone agents, for sure.

Which hotline are you calling?

Edit: double check your etkt number. If it starts with 957 it is indeed JJ issued (Latam Brasil)
Old Jul 18, 2017, 8:24 pm

Programs: Latampass Black
If it is Latam Brasil, if you get them on the phone & have no joy, let them know that your next call will be to ANAC (Brazil's aviation watchdog). ANAC are VERY powerful in Brazil & the airlines do not like having complaints lodged with them.
Old Jul 19, 2017, 2:52 am

Programs: LatamPass Gold, SAS EBB, M&M
Try changing your reservation online:

https://www.latam.com/en_us/apps/per...astName=YYYYYY

Replace "XXXXX" with your record locator and "YYYYYY" with your last name. You should be able to see different flight options and you can also choose to fly on a different day.
Old Jul 20, 2017, 6:29 pm

Programs: LATAMPASS Silver, SkyMiles Silver Medallion
If krzysz's solution doesn't work you should know that its company policy to allow free changes to your reservation if you flight is delayed more than 30 minutes. Even if your fare doesn't allow changes.

Try contacting the social network team and asking them to check this policy. You can view the details here: http://helpdesk.latam.com/hc/es/arti...lo-se-retrasó- (Spanish. Sorry)

Good luck!
Old Aug 10, 2017, 2:15 am

Programs: LATAMPass Gold, AA Gold, DL Silver Medallion
On a completely unrelated, but on-topic issue, LATAM now pissed Buffy, the vampire slayer. I guess one needs to be in a teenager fantasy tv show and some movies to get the attention of LATAM's PR, as the article indicates.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.