Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > LATAM | LATAM Pass
Reload this Page >

Can you buy excess weight for luggage online?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25, 2017, 10:15 pm
Original Poster

Hi,

I will be traveling from Bangkok via London to Lima, Peru next week and I have a question about the LATAM domestic flights in Peru.

I am traveling business class from BKK and LGW but there is no business class for my flight from LIM to CUZ and all my tickets were purchased separately through the different respective airlines - all One World.

Now from BKK - LHR I will have 60kg checked luggage allowance, travel class + frequent flier perks - no problem.
From LGW - LIM will have 2 bags allowance at 32kg each - no problem.
From LIM - CUZ I am given 1 bag at not more than 23kg - big problem.

Since I could not buy all the tickets together or through one airline, how do I go about getting or buying more luggage allowance for the LIM - CUZ and return sector?

I have talked to the Bangkok base LATAM staff and they said there's a $47 charge per extra luggage not exceeding 23 kg. However, after checking on the LATAM website it seems that the excess charge will be calculated on a per kilo basis.

I am very confused so is there a way to buy the extra weight through the LATAM web site?

Appreciate your help and thank you in advance!

Pook
Old Apr 26, 2017, 7:21 am

Programs: LATAMPASS Silver, SkyMiles Silver Medallion
Sadly you can't

If you need an extra bag, it's going to cost you 40 USD (plus 20% tax). For extra weight up to 32 kg it's going to cost you 20 USD plus taxes.

More information here https://www.latam.com/en_us/travel-information/baggage/excess-baggage/

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.