Wiki Posts
Search

Black Signature

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12, 2016, 4:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Latam Black Signature
Black Signature

Well, I reached today my Black Signature status, achieved with Economy flights only (something I thought I would never get, but a position change requiring more travel did the trick).

Other than guaranteeing that nobody checking in later than me will bump me down in the Upgrade list and check-in/lounge privileges for the whole family, what differences should I expect?

How many Black Signature out there?
Old Nov 12, 2016, 7:38 pm

Programs: LATAMPASS Silver, SkyMiles Silver Medallion
Originally Posted by RIAL
Well, I reached today my Black Signature status, achieved with Economy flights only (something I thought I would never get, but a position change requiring more travel did the trick).

Other than guaranteeing that nobody checking in later than me will bump me down in the Upgrade list and check-in/lounge privileges for the whole family, what differences should I expect?

How many Black Signature out there?

Congratulations! Apart from the perks you mentioned, your family also gains priority boarding and a extra bag.

Also expect to be attended by executives from the Special Services team in certain airports. They can help you get through the airport if you are late, among other things. See https://www.latam.com/en_us/latam-pa...cial-services/

It would be great if you post your experience of your next flight. Good luck!
Old Nov 14, 2016, 7:19 am

Programs: LATAM Black / IHG Platinum / Avis Preferred Plus
Smile

I am Latam black, and the reality is that signature, is pointless. In any other OW airline you will be treated exactly the same (or better ).
This are the gains i see you actually have to enjoy:

You are 99% guaranteed to get an upgrade on Lan/Tam flights, i do once a month JFK-SPO and always pay tourist and get immediately upgraded (even with half empty plane).
This is the only perk i see you might enjoy.

If you travel on Cathay Pacific (awesome service), the service manager on the plane will come looking for your (wherever you are) just to say hello and introduce itself to you.

If you flight Qatar you get last minute upgrades for practically nothing if did upgrades from 500 usds flying SGN-DOH-JFK. Good life indeed.

You get first class lounge access (+1 traveller with you) in OW airlines, which is more or less the same but way less crowded.

I achieve the same as you doing all economy, got platinum in june and made it black by end of september. Yeah, had massive hours in the airport.

I do find many things enjoyable now above all:
1. Free food and more relaxed boarding.
2. They treat you a bit better (let's not go crazy here either).
3. Earn way more miles just because of your status (although you are probably not going to use any time soon
4. Getting over other people on the priorities, extremely fun to experience being upgraded in front of people who travels dressed in suits expecting a free ride in business (quite common )
5. last but not least running away from the airport as fast as possible, that would be the greatest of all.

Enjoy....
Old Nov 14, 2016, 7:54 am

Programs: Black Signature LATAM
In October I managed to renew my Black Sig for another year. One big benefit is that it is not important to be "at your computer" 48 hours before flight departure so as to book your upgrade. The chances of more than one Black Sig on board is slim so you will nearly always get priority over everyone else. Good for busy routes.

I find the best Special services staff to be at Sao Paulo...always helpful, help you "jump the line" at international connections and boarding. They generally look after you very well.

I don't try to be Black Sig, it's just my international travel in business class means I get it so I take advantage of it!

Enjoy!

PS I hear they are moving over to a revenue based system rather than kilometres so take advantage of it now as it will be very hard to attain black signature on economy flights based on revenue.
Old Nov 14, 2016, 8:59 pm

Programs: LATAM Black Signature, SPG Ambassador LT Gold, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by NorthValley
In October I managed to renew my Black Sig for another year. One big benefit is that it is not important to be "at your computer" 48 hours before flight departure so as to book your upgrade. The chances of more than one Black Sig on board is slim so you will nearly always get priority over everyone else. Good for busy routes.
I've been black since the beggining of the program, and renewed in August this year... let me tell you that there are quite a few of us. Last month on the LA573 there were 18 Signatures, and a whole bunch of lower tier passengers... for a 18J 767 plane... don't count on a relaxed check-in experience if you're Signature anymore...

Special Services is relative... some airports have great service (SCL, GRU, MIA), and others are a bit of a challenge (LIM, BOG, AEP).

They don't give you special tags anymore... last year the gift was a Tile device, which is way deep in a drawer at home...

So in summary... OW perks are same as Black, but some small details make the difference when flying LATAM.
Old Nov 23, 2016, 5:30 pm
Original Poster

@BonzoLed, I will do my first trip as a Black Signature next week. I read in other posts that you used to get a business card from Special Services with contact numbers/email. Is it still the case?
Old Nov 24, 2016, 6:50 am

Programs: LATAM Black Signature, SPG Ambassador LT Gold, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
@BonzoLed, I will do my first trip as a Black Signature next week. I read in other posts that you used to get a business card from Special Services with contact numbers/email. Is it still the case?
To my knowledge it is. Try to look for the girls with the red coats
Old Nov 24, 2016, 2:43 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BonzoLed
To my knowledge it is. Try to look for the girls with the red coats
Got an email today from the ladies in red! So I have the emails, numbers, etc...

Old Nov 26, 2016, 5:40 am

Programs: JJ OW Emerald, TK*G, O6*G, Smiles Diamond, IC Amb, Le Club Platinum, former LH SEN (miss it!)
Got an email today from the ladies in red! So I have the emails, numbers, etc...

Welcome to the group!

Special Services can be very frustrating perk as they are not regular at all. The service is more reliable if you're flying from a former-TAM station or outstation.

From my point of view, Black Signature is a nice to have status but with no real advantage. If they only could increase the number of miles earned for us or open special availability for a cheap price as LH does...
Old Nov 26, 2016, 2:12 pm
Original Poster

Well, in 2017, Black Signature will earn 2 extra km for each dollar...
Old Nov 29, 2016, 7:25 am
Original Poster

Following old habits, I checked in at the exact time for my first flight as B. Sig. and, for the first time, I managed to finish in less than 59 seconds in an outbound leg.... Signature luck I guess.

I am # 1 in the list, with 2 Signatures and 5 Blacks below, for 2 listed available seats... I guess I will not be able to put the exact minute check-in behind yet.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.