Search

AEP Qs

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2016, 6:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Jumbo mas
AEP Qs

I haven't flown out of AEP since 1990-something. (I've flown into AEP more recently.)

For a weekday mid-day int'l flight in a "premium-ish" cabin, what would expected times be for (1) check-in (I will have luggage), and (2) exit tramites. I'm not keen on spending too much extra time there. I would hope there would be a preferente/premium economy counter.
Old Aug 26, 2016, 6:19 pm

Programs: LATAMPass Gold, AA Gold, DL Silver Medallion
I did that in 2014 twice and it took me about 5 minutes to pass thru security (the was no one else but me) and the passport stamp another 2 minutes. Maybe 2 minutes of walking time in between, I'm sure it was not longer. I flew out at 3 pm both times with then TAM (late september and november). So I'm guesing I passed security around 1.5 hours before.

Having status, I queued with the premiums in preferente boarding, altough I was flying economy, and it was maybe 15 minutes.

But, I don't know how frequencies have changed since then, so my info might be not up to date, specially with the merger going on. The thing that struck me most was how fast and simple was security (as opposed to the nightmare of TSA), and made me happy of being in Latin America, where security checks were not as extreme (shoes and belt on!). Sorry for the divagación there.

Something else, if things are still like they were in 2014, the international side of AEP is rather smaller than EZE, so that means less flights and less people heading thru international migrations and the int'l check point.
Old Aug 26, 2016, 7:25 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1 Million Miles, Hilton Diamond, AMEX Platinum, AA Citi Exec, Hilton Aspire, Bilt
There is a preferente check in line for LATAM at AEP. The lines for security and exit immigration at AEP are typically very fast moving. Inside the secure international departure area, there is a decent sized duty free shop and a coffee shop type place with lots of seating and serving all fare typical in cafes found throughout Argentina. Worth noting is that AEP adheres to "precios cuidados" so prices for food and drink are significantly cheaper than those found at EZE. Boarding for all LATAM flights is via bus and roll away staircase.
Old Aug 27, 2016, 11:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Thanks, all.
Old Aug 30, 2016, 6:14 am

Programs: LATAM Black
AEP tends to be very fast. I always prefer AEP to EZE if I have the option. If it is midday, then it should be minutes as mentioned by other posters.
It has also improved a bit in the later years in terms of food and drink, but is still more like a small regional airport.
Old Aug 30, 2016, 8:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by cphflyer_EB
AEP tends to be very fast. I always prefer AEP to EZE if I have the option. If it is midday, then it should be minutes as mentioned by other posters.
It has also improved a bit in the later years in terms of food and drink, but is still more like a small regional airport.
Without traffic, I'm door to door @ EZE in under 30 minutes, so getting to AEP isn't a huge time savings, but it sounds like the airport experience is a lot faster.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.