Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LAN B-787-9 Seat Map!

Search this Thread

Old Nov 30, 2015, 5:12 am

Programs: BA: CCR / GGL / GFL Marriott: PtFL
Any tips on getting past this circle of death in the browser?

I have a booking on LA705 MAD-SCL and have been allocated row35 - I can't get the seatmap to load and the call centre said I can only select Espacio+ at T-48.

(The seatmap for my other LAN flight on a 767 loads just fine and I can select Emerald only seating months out)
Old Aug 11, 2016, 1:21 pm

Programs: BA Gold, DL PM, , Hilton Diamond (from being in a bed), SPG Plat, MR Plat
What the general consensus, row 12 bulked or row 30 exit row? Flight coming up in a little while and both rows are available. Thanks
Old Aug 22, 2016, 2:13 pm

Programs: BA Silver
In case someone is interested - I'm in the middle of writing a live TR of LAN's MAD-FRA-MAD on the 789.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trip-...bin-789-a.html

Old Aug 23, 2016, 8:37 am
CLG

Programs: United Platinum, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Avis President's Circle
Originally Posted by Innocent Abroad
In case someone is interested - I'm in the middle of writing a live TR of LAN's MAD-FRA-MAD on the 789.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trip-...bin-789-a.html

Thanks for the link!
Old Aug 25, 2016, 10:06 am

Programs: United global services, BA gold,
Thank you for this! My husband and I are looking at taking LAN from SFO to Santiago via LAX in Dec. and home via BA and LAX in Jan (we plan to spend the night in LA on the way home to see some friends). I am hoping this will be much better for us than flying via Dallas, Miami, NY or Houston on AA or UA since it is on their nonstop service from Santiago to LAX. (no stop on this fight in Peru).

The connection from BA to Santiago is 787-900 to 787-900 with a 2.2 hour connection. Does anyone have any comments on this? Is it dependable? Or best to take an earlier flight and have a longer lay over?
Old May 16, 2017, 9:32 am

Programs: LATAM Black
Not sure this is the right thread, but could not find a more relevant one.
Am flying with family (3 incl me). At time of purchase I was able to book seats 12a,b and c. As you might have noticed, then the seat allocation system has changed on LATAM. Perhaps related, it changed my chosen seats. When I tried to reseat the above, the system wanted to charge me for my companions...
Checking the benefits page, I see that the benefit of choosing +ESPACIO seats is limited to socio + 1 travel companion.
Is that a change - I have always been able to seat the entire group (tried with up to 4 PAX) in preferred seats on earlier occasions?
In the end, atencion preferente solved it for me in this particular case, but what is the rule?
Old May 17, 2017, 9:19 am

Similar question. LATAM recently revamped their seat-selection webpage which is now broken. I know that the business class cabin is relatively full, and the last time I checked, there were 5-6 seats left. I'll be traveling alone, and I'm currently at seat 2A. Is there a way to find out if someone is going to be sitting next to me, and if so, is there a different way to select a different seat to avoid having someone next to me?
Old May 17, 2017, 9:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by petey2428
Similar question. LATAM recently revamped their seat-selection webpage which is now broken. I know that the business class cabin is relatively full, and the last time I checked, there were 5-6 seats left. I'll be traveling alone, and I'm currently at seat 2A. Is there a way to find out if someone is going to be sitting next to me, and if so, is there a different way to select a different seat to avoid having someone next to me?
I would be surprised if the cabin didn't depart full at this point. There's no way to avoid this given the last minute upgrading that is likely to occur.
Old May 18, 2017, 10:42 am
NP_

Programs: LATAM Pass, Hilton Honors, SPG, Marriott Rewards
If you want to make sure of having direct aisle access, you should get D or H seats.
Old May 19, 2017, 12:26 pm

Programs: LANPASS
Like the guys above said, not really possible to actually make sure the seat next to you will be empty (at most likely will not, since there's almost always enough people on standby for upgrades or even bidding for a positive upgrade)

On J, (each row has seats A-C, D-H, J-L), direct aisle access can be secured on seats C, D, H and J in case that's why you want no-one sitting next to you. If the reason is other, you are probably out of luck
Old May 21, 2017, 9:23 am

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
I would be surprised if the cabin didn't depart full at this point. There's no way to avoid this given the last minute upgrading that is likely to occur.
Thanks for the responses! That flight is now not bookable online, so I assume that it's completely sold out. Does LATAM overbook the business class cabin? Is there a chance that I will be reaccomodated? I used AA miles to book my flight.
Old May 21, 2017, 11:21 am

Thanks for the responses! That flight is now not bookable online, so I assume that it's completely sold out. Does LATAM overbook the business class cabin? Is there a chance that I will be reaccomodated? I used AA miles to book my flight.
I believe they still have a zero overbooking policy for J (It was that way while I worked there). Can anyone confirm if it is still the case?
Old May 30, 2017, 2:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by jlarroulet
I believe they still have a zero overbooking policy for J (It was that way while I worked there). Can anyone confirm if it is still the case?
Never heard of LAN overbooking its J class.
Old May 30, 2017, 4:26 pm

Originally Posted by fly747first
Never heard of LAN overbooking its J class.
not commercially at least... they have had issues of operational overbookings with last minute aircraft changes (switching the one that was scheduled for another with a smaller Business class, which causes a form of overbooking)... but that's beyond the scope of the question anyway so just ignore me

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.