Wiki Posts
Search

New J Cabin Interior

Search this Thread

Old Oct 19, 2012, 11:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: LAN, AA, SPG
New J Cabin Interior

I was surprised on my recent NYC-SCL trip to have the new J seat and interior. Is this going to be introduced across the whole 763 fleet? I didn't feel is was a step forward as the seat felt very closed-in (high partition between seats) and it does not seem to go truly flat.
Old Oct 19, 2012, 12:52 pm

Programs: UA Million Miler,Hyatt-Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Club Carlson, National-Exec.
TAM?

Could this be true for TAM too since they are one airline now?
Old Oct 19, 2012, 2:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by klakhav
Could this be true for TAM too since they are one airline now?
They are not "one airline now." They are two* airlines owned by one holding company now. *Actually, LAN is several airlines flying under the LAN name.

As far as the seats, I believe this is the plan for the 763s that are going to remain in the fleet for the foreseeable future. I haven't yet sat in them, but is there a switch to raise the seat bottom portion? On the "old" ones, you may be slanted after putting the seat in bed position until you raise the "middle."
Old Oct 19, 2012, 9:01 pm
Original Poster

Eastbay, I was so tired that I don't remember if I ever got it more or less flat by playing with the buttons. I will say in spite of my criticisms that the padding of the cushions is better than the old seats though and that the cabin does look better.
Old Dec 3, 2012, 4:16 am

Programs: AA LT Plat, IHG Plat., former LH HON (now Silver), Bonvoy Titanium
The seat does go completely flat. I have flown in the new seat a couple of times and I like the high partition to the seat neighbor.
Old Feb 18, 2013, 8:20 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
I'm flying LAN for the first time in May and will be in C class. This thread sort of stopped over a year ago. Are all 763 aircraft now refurbished or are they still in process?
Old Feb 18, 2013, 12:43 pm

Programs: *G (TK elite+), OW sapphire (QR), ST elite plus (AF). LA black
Originally Posted by MDWCommuter
I'm flying LAN for the first time in May and will be in C class. This thread sort of stopped over a year ago. Are all 763 aircraft now refurbished or are they still in process?
not all aircraft will be refurbished. anyway the "old" cabin is as good as the "new" cabin. both have full flat horizontal beds, huge video screens as well as have lots of space. your legs don't go under the seat in front of you.
Old Feb 18, 2013, 7:04 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by f0zzyNUE
not all aircraft will be refurbished. anyway the "old" cabin is as good as the "new" cabin. both have full flat horizontal beds, huge video screens as well as have lots of space. your legs don't go under the seat in front of you.
Good to know, thank you! That's precisely why I'm on LA and not AA. Can't wait to see Chile for the first time
Old Feb 20, 2013, 9:56 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA GLD, Bonvoy Titan, HH Dia, WoH Exp
I have limited experience flying LAN as I usually fly with AA.

Does the XL Miami-Quito route on a 763 have lie flat business class seats?

For the domestic XL UIO-GYE route, are they all economy seats with no business class seating?
Old Feb 20, 2013, 2:54 pm

Programs: *G (TK elite+), OW sapphire (QR), ST elite plus (AF). LA black
Originally Posted by Time traveller

For the domestic XL UIO-GYE route, are they all economy seats with no business class seating?
ALL LA long haul planes have lie flat seats.
Old Feb 21, 2013, 5:36 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Time traveller

Yes ----- unfortunately UIO-GYE is all economy. Fortunately it is a very short flight.
Old Feb 21, 2013, 12:46 pm

Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold
here is a trip report I wrote a few months ago about the new 767 cabin... it was a flight from IPC-LIM...

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trip-...t-ipc-lim.html

I kinda preferred the old ones, the power-plug in the new one is impossible to reach, I ended up knocking it out a few times, which was quiet annoying..
Old Feb 24, 2013, 1:17 pm

Originally Posted by jfkeze
here is a trip report I wrote a few months ago about the new 767 cabin... it was a flight from IPC-LIM...

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trip-...t-ipc-lim.html

I kinda preferred the old ones, the power-plug in the new one is impossible to reach, I ended up knocking it out a few times, which was quiet annoying..
Anyway to tell if you are getting new or old business class?
Old Feb 24, 2013, 2:49 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA GLD, Bonvoy Titan, HH Dia, WoH Exp
Originally Posted by phlashba
Yes ----- unfortunately UIO-GYE is all economy. Fortunately it is a very short flight.
Thank you for the info. Do the first 3 rows have extra leg room on the A320?

I was able to pre-select a seat in row 2 on the A320 plane after accessing my reservation on LAN's website. I assume they let me pre-select a seat in the front couple of rows as I am booked on a full-fare Y class, connecting from LAN international business class.

The business seats as shown in jfkeze's trip report look very similar to the international business class seats on Qantas.
Old Feb 27, 2013, 6:03 pm

Programs: BA Gold, EY Gold.
Originally Posted by thetravelabstract
Anyway to tell if you are getting new or old business class?
I'd like to know this also.

I have a booking from SCL-MIA on LA. Is there any way to tell from the seating diagram if my aircraft has the 787-style J seat or is the configuration the same as the regular J seat?

Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.