Wiki Posts
Search

GRU Lounges

Search this Thread

Old Dec 16, 2012, 2:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: LAN Commodore
GRU Lounges

I'm going to be stuck in GRU for over 12 hours. No visa, so can't leave transit area. As a OW Emerald what would be my best lounge choice now that TAM is included in the equation? I'll be flying in LAN J.
Old Dec 16, 2012, 2:57 pm

Programs: LANPASS Comodoro (Emerald), others
I had the same question on a similar itin, but then LAN did a schedule change which opened the door for me to re-select my flights to avoid this long layover. Cross your fingers for a sched change?
Old Dec 17, 2012, 8:00 am
Original Poster

There will be no schedule change since this is a mileage run and my ticket cost about 25% of what the cost should really be. No way I will change the flight and pay the difference. I was going to post in the OW thread, but I figured that someone here must be a GRU local or at least know about the lounges there.
Old Dec 18, 2012, 6:16 am

Programs: AAdvantage Plat, PreCheck
The lounges are open at different times, depending on the timing of the particular airlines flights. But in my experience none of them are at all memorable. 12 hours at GRU seems like torture to me.
Old Dec 18, 2012, 7:41 am

Programs: LAN, AA, SPG
Don't worry. With 12 hours you'll have plenty of time to try them all --- multiple times!
Old Dec 18, 2012, 9:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
And what are the lounge choices? I, too, will have an int'l to int'l transit (LA to LA) and wonder what opulent splendor awaits.
Old Dec 18, 2012, 10:14 am
Original Poster

There are lots of flights during the day from GRU to SCL. Maybe I can sweet talk someone at LIM to put me on an earlier flight. I´d rather be at the SCL Holiday Inn than stuck at GRU.
Old Dec 18, 2012, 10:31 am

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
And what are the lounge choices? I, too, will have an int'l to int'l transit (LA to LA) and wonder what opulent splendor awaits.
From the One World web site:

TAM Lounge
Location details: Terminal 2, 2nd Floor
Opening hours: 24 hours
Operated by a third party on behalf of: LAN
Business CentreFree WifiFood and BeveragesShowers

Admirals Club
Location details: Terminal 2, after Passport Control on the Mezzanine Level of Wing D near gate 16 View map.
Opening hours: Daily: 05:45-22:30
Business CentreFree WifiFood and BeveragesShowersWheelchair AccessTV

Executive Club Lounge
Location details: Airside, 2nd floor.
Opening hours: Daily: 12:00-00:00

SEA
Location details: Terminal 1, take elevator after security control.
Opening hours: Daily: 06:00-24:00
Operated by a third party on behalf of: Iberia
Old Dec 18, 2012, 10:45 am

Programs: LANPASS Comodoro (Emerald), others
Originally Posted by david_33
There will be no schedule change since this is a mileage run and my ticket cost about 25% of what the cost should really be. No way I will change the flight and pay the difference.
Yes, a sched change actioned by you would be expensive. On my similar itin, LAN themselves changed the flight schedule and had the tix as confirmation pending. I did not like the change they made. I called and I had free reign to change to any itin I preferred. So got rid of the 12 hours at GRU and even changed dates for my return... all without cost.
Old Dec 18, 2012, 10:47 am

I get confused with GRU because there is one nice TAM lounge and one horrible one. I believe the latter is the domestic lounge so not to worry in this case. I think you will find TAM has the best facilities and services at GRU.
Old Dec 19, 2012, 10:08 am

Programs: Mucci des canapes, Skywards Gold, BAEC, IC Plat Amb, LH FTV
I used the AA lounge a few weeks ago and wouldn't fancy 2 hours there let alone 12. No info bout other options as I used the United lounge (which was much nicer than the AA lounge) when I flew out on BA the next week.
Old Dec 19, 2012, 4:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by phlashba
From the One World web site:

TAM Lounge
Location details: Terminal 2, 2nd Floor
Opening hours: 24 hours
Operated by a third party on behalf of: LAN
Business CentreFree WifiFood and BeveragesShowers

Admirals Club
Location details: Terminal 2, after Passport Control on the Mezzanine Level of Wing D near gate 16 View map.
Opening hours: Daily: 05:45-22:30
Business CentreFree WifiFood and BeveragesShowersWheelchair AccessTV

Executive Club Lounge
Location details: Airside, 2nd floor.
Opening hours: Daily: 12:00-00:00

SEA
Location details: Terminal 1, take elevator after security control.
Opening hours: Daily: 06:00-24:00
Operated by a third party on behalf of: Iberia
Thanks. Flying LA J with no OW status, I think I can only use the lounge that LA tells me I can, which would most likely be the TAM lounge.
Old Dec 19, 2012, 11:46 pm

Programs: Mucci des canapes, Skywards Gold, BAEC, IC Plat Amb, LH FTV
At the end of November LAN sent me to the AA lounge. If you are on a LAN flight out I am not certain you will be able to use the TAM lounge as they are still in Star Alliance and the LAN website only shows the AA lounge. I guess things may have changed in the last few weeks though. (And I see the OW site does offer the TAM lounge)
Old Jan 9, 2013, 3:54 pm

Programs: BA Silver, LH SEN
Another option, if you prefer to sleep (part of the) 12 hours, could be the sleep cabins of fastsleep. You will find it pretty much in the middle of the connector between the two sections of the international terminal - close to where the lounges are, actually. They also have a website.
Used it with the family for an 8 hour stay - and saved our life!
Old Feb 19, 2013, 10:35 am

Originally Posted by KIXJNB
Another option, if you prefer to sleep (part of the) 12 hours, could be the sleep cabins of fastsleep. You will find it pretty much in the middle of the connector between the two sections of the international terminal - close to where the lounges are, actually. They also have a website.
Used it with the family for an 8 hour stay - and saved our life!
Hi, may I ask if you needed a transit visa for that 8 hour stay? I've got 14 hours on transit and some say I need a transit visa, but I'm not sure. I don't have to leave the transit area nor I want to so... I have no idea.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.