Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > LATAM | LATAM Pass
Reload this Page >

C24 (special Comodoro access) exists

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 12, 2012, 12:06 pm

Programs: LAN, AA, SPG
You are right that I was satisfied with the result but C24 was announced a long long time ago and I have never been able to access it on line ----
Also when you call the AAdvantage Executive Platinum hotline for example -- they announce what it is when they answer the phone and you speak only with specially trained agents. I didn't get the feeling except that they answered quickly that there was any "elite" attention. In case of IRROPS I am sure I will be glad to have the number and I remain grateful that you have provided it. My point was why didn't LAN provide it to me until now?
Old Oct 15, 2012, 7:06 pm

Programs: *G (TK elite+), OW sapphire (QR), ST elite plus (AF). LA black
still I can't access that /c24 form - although I am premium silver and the page as well as the premium silver benefit page lists this service as valid for premium silvers.

i would have needed that this evening. purchased spontaneously a daytrip ticket to arequipa for tomorrow. my credit card was not accepted (of course - the peruvian website seems to accept only peruvian issued credit cards, but no german ones ...). then i went to a metro store and paid the ticket there. once the transfer was done I received an email, that there has been a change on my flight tomorrow. as it turned out the morning flight was cancelled

i called three times, after 6 minutes in the waiting line - two times a lady who just spoke spanish answered although i had selected english service. i speak some spanish, but in this case i would not like to struggle with a language barrier.

anyway that comodoro service might have been of help in this case.
Old Oct 15, 2012, 9:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: LANPASS Comodoro (Emerald), others
If I recall, you still need to contact them to have them subscribe you to the /C24 service and web page form.... then it works. I have used the form twice now successfully (sort of).
Old Oct 16, 2012, 8:14 pm

On the phone it does, I've got "Buenas tardes, bienvenido a atención elite Sr. Mavalenzu" after punching in my lanpass number, although it doesn't happen every time and they are not that much helpful than the rest (or I might not noticed)
Old Nov 13, 2012, 6:46 pm
Original Poster

Fun. Called LanPass after hours and, after entering my number, on came a message reminding me of the c/24 service, telling me I could access it immediately by pushing #7 or whatever it was.
Old Nov 14, 2012, 5:33 am

Originally Posted by bingocallerb22
Fun. Called LanPass after hours and, after entering my number, on came a message reminding me of the c/24 service, telling me I could access it immediately by pushing #7 or whatever it was.
And then what? I my experience you just get a phone that rings and is never answered!
Old Jun 5, 2013, 6:03 am
Original Poster

Anyone else having c24 service fails?

With the announced expansion of the c24 service, it seems to have disappeared! There is no longer a link to use email and recently my calls did not get automatically rerouted to the priority line! In fact, out of office hours, it wasn't even answered even though they say it is now a 24/7 call service and the staff in Santiago reassure me they work 24/7. Of course I asked about this and all I got was assurances it still exists and should work. Fail.

Add: So for fun called LAN to ask how to access the c24 service promised by LanPass. Could not answer the question after 1/2 hour of trying and said I had to call LanPass during business hours to find out how to access the 24/7 service. How I love LAN's catch-22 answers! LAN cannot tell you how to access LanPass's promised 24/7 LAN service... well, except during business hours! And they can't access the 24/7 service either to determine how to access it?

Update: It is no longer possible to email the c24 service! They are looking into why the call system is not working for me.

Last edited by bingocallerb22; Jun 5, 2013 at 9:52 am Reason: add
Old Jun 9, 2013, 11:55 pm

Programs: LANPASS
the C24 service was like "for emergency cases only", after the Lanpass working hours... it no longer exists, since the regular Atención Preferente line works 24/7
Old Jun 10, 2013, 3:39 am

Originally Posted by SCLLA0221
the C24 service was like "for emergency cases only", after the Lanpass working hours... it no longer exists, since the regular Atención Preferente line works 24/7
So can you tell us exactly how we (elites) are officially supposed to access the preferente service -- just the regular phone number followed by inputting our LanPass number?
Old Jun 16, 2013, 10:14 am

Originally Posted by phlashba
So can you tell us exactly how we (elites) are officially supposed to access the preferente service -- just the regular phone number followed by inputting our LanPass number?
exactly
Old Jun 16, 2013, 8:27 pm
Original Poster

exactly
Ah, but remember LAN is King of Katch-22. To be able to enter your number you need to select #5 LanPass... then you get LanPass not LAN and LanPass cannot do things LAN can do. For example, recently he at C24 could not process payment for a LP reservation for which the website refused my cc, he had to send it to the back office or alternatively I had to call the LAN line, he offered me the choice. Guess which one I picked.
Old Jun 16, 2013, 11:19 pm

Originally Posted by bingocallerb22
Ah, but remember LAN is King of Katch-22. To be able to enter your number you need to select #5 LanPass... then you get LanPass not LAN and LanPass cannot do things LAN can do. For example, recently he at C24 could not process payment for a LP reservation for which the website refused my cc, he had to send it to the back office or alternatively I had to call the LAN line, he offered me the choice. Guess which one I picked.
It's true, the elite line is attended in Chile, and there's no option for a local charge from Peru, so the charges have to be either sent to the back office in Lima, or you can call the sales line directly from Peru... That's for domestic flights, due to the difference in fares for residents... same thing if you're trying to process a payment locally in Ecuador. This is not the case if you want to pay in ARS or in USD as a local charge in the US though.
Old Jun 17, 2013, 9:08 am
Original Poster

It's true, the elite line is attended in Chile, and there's no option for a local charge from Peru, so the charges have to be either sent to the back office in Lima, or you can call the sales line directly from Peru... That's for domestic flights, due to the difference in fares for residents... same thing if you're trying to process a payment locally in Ecuador. This is not the case if you want to pay in ARS or in USD as a local charge in the US though.
Super clarification, thanks. To be clear, I did receive preferential service, he sent it to the back office and it was resolved. Had I been a regular member I would have been told “can't be done here” and “call another number”. This is the problem with LAN's complicated systems. The problem starts with the website not accepting a common Mastercard then escalates as the customer is shuttled around to the right person – it should be seamless to the customer without having to know which country and which part of LAN applies... and which part is open when. Of course, had I called LAN in Peru I would have been up on hold in the regular line-up and received non-English service (not a complaint, just that I feel sorry for the poor agent – I've had some fun experiences just trying to give my reservation code in Spanglish over the (sometimes) terrible tel connections here). So much better to talk to the C24 professionals in Santiago.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.