Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > LATAM | LATAM Pass
Reload this Page >

Duty Free purchases – worth it?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2012, 10:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: LANPASS Comodoro (Emerald), others

See lots LAN pax purchasing Duty Free. Not a good shopper me, so wondering if there are any real bargains worth buying?
Old Mar 18, 2012, 11:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Depends where you are from. Alcohol and tobacco can be a fair sum below local retail in certain cases. And other people on the same flight might look at the duty free prices and know they can buy the same for equal or less at home.
Old Mar 18, 2012, 2:12 pm
Ambassador: LATAM

Programs: BAEC Silver
You mean duty free onboard?

I think it is mainly targeted at businessmen that have been on cheeky weekends away with their secretaries and have forgotten to pick up some perfume for their wife or an inertia powered stylised LAN B767 with "realistic" engine noises and flashing red light for the kids.

I see no bargains or decent deals in the catalogue
Old Mar 18, 2012, 3:11 pm

Programs: LAN, AA, SPG
It's all over my head as (fortunately) I was born without the shopping gene. Apparently some people shop all the time and even like it. I would rather go to the dentist!
Old Mar 18, 2012, 11:10 pm

Originally Posted by JohnnyColombia
(...)an inertia powered stylised LAN B767 with "realistic" engine noises and flashing red light for the kids.
I have quite a collection of airplane keychains with lights and sounds... And actually use these for my car keys lol
Old Mar 19, 2012, 2:34 am
Ambassador: LATAM

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by Mavalenzu
I have quite a collection of airplane keychains with lights and sounds... And actually use these for my car keys lol
I bought a 1/200 scale LAN B767 die cast model on a LAN flight once and when I got home I sat looking at it for two days on my desk and something was simply not right about it.

Imagine how annoyed I was when I realised it didn't have winglets. I was minded to send it back for a retro-fit
Old Mar 19, 2012, 7:16 pm

Originally Posted by JohnnyColombia
I bought a 1/200 scale LAN B767 die cast model on a LAN flight once and when I got home I sat looking at it for two days on my desk and something was simply not right about it.

Imagine how annoyed I was when I realised it didn't have winglets. I was minded to send it back for a retro-fit
Actually, I own everything in the kids section of the catalog, including the multi-light-colored pen, which i actually had to beg the FA for, since she had reserved it for herself and I had no more international flights in LA for like 6 months..
Old Mar 19, 2012, 8:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Actually, I own everything in the kids section of the catalog, including the multi-light-colored pen, which i actually had to beg the FA for, since she had reserved it for herself and I had no more international flights in LA for like 6 months..
I have a LanChile very tiny scale metal A340. Oh, I miss row one of that aircraft!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.