Mansion, Skylofts, "Suite Hotels"

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31, 2006, 2:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Amex Plat, Hertz Plat, HHonnors Gold, SPG Gold, Marriot Rewards Regular, Hyatt Gold, PC Gold

Hello all,

last time i was in vegas i stayed at the venetian cooncierge level, but for my next trip im considering a few hotels and thought i should get some advice. they are different in terms of class, but i do not know which to chose.

the hotels are

1) going back to venetian veniza conc. level room
2) the hotel at mandalay (their pool looks amazing)
3) bellagio
4) MGM Skylofts (this is my #1 choice right now)
5) AMEX Plat/Cent offers a villa which is called the MGM Mansion, i do not see my self spending 5k a night just for the room itself (probably for a week long trip), but i am interested on hearing and maybe it will change my mind.

What do you think? Any detailed information on each (except venetian as i have stayed there) or pictures, etc. would be great. opinions also would be nice. thx
Old Feb 1, 2006, 11:58 am

Programs: America Worst
Skylofts

My choice would also be the Skyloft.

We did the Venezia Concierge last year for SuperBowl.
Watched the game on that nice Plasma they have in the 12 Floor
"Concierge Guest" area.

Stayed at the Skylofts 3 times since. It just blows the Venetian away.
Suggest checking the Skylofts web site. They have a nice video of the room.
Our concierge contact is Jessica. She just got promoted to Concierge
Manager. I would suggest dropping them an E-mail and they will
go over all the Skylofts advantages. Limo/Maybach, VIP Tickets, Butler,
preferred restaurant reservations, Etc. Etc.
Its worth the small increase in $$$ over The Venetian Concierge level.
The service is outstanding and the room is just sooooo nice.
I think its one of the best rooms in Vegas.

Last trip ran into a High Roller who usually stays at the Mansion.
He has been staying at the Skylofts more frequently and thinks its better
that the Mansion. Service is not as snooty. Its more fun. Nicer people.

bltserv
Old Feb 1, 2006, 2:14 pm

Location: Charlotte, NC, USA | CLT, formerly LHR & AMS (with just a bit of PSP)
Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, BonVoy Titanium, (soon former) Caesars7*, (former) Wynn Black, HR "Icon"
Originally Posted by Jblackbelt
Hello all,

5) AMEX Plat/Cent offers a villa which is called the MGM Mansion, i do not see my self spending 5k a night just for the room itself (probably for a week long trip), but i am interested on hearing and maybe it will change my mind.
So, let me get this straight... if what you see looks good, you are willing to spend 5K per night for a week...

We'll with that 35K, you would probably do well to learn some conversative gambling.... hell, if you are willing to drop 35K on a hotel for a week, I'm certain a 50K to 100K bankroll would be nothing... that being the case, a conservative perfect strategy BJ, craps or Baccarat player could probably get something equivalent comp'ed on an RFB basis... and considering the $ on some of the restaurants at MGM, that RFB could be worth a lot !
Old Feb 1, 2006, 8:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Amex Plat, Hertz Plat, HHonnors Gold, SPG Gold, Marriot Rewards Regular, Hyatt Gold, PC Gold
i saw the site, i was hoping people had their own pics, as the pics on the site are of course made for the lofts to look their best as always. how good are they with requests, like if i wanted a 1 bedroom with 2 doubles or 2 queens?
Old Feb 2, 2006, 1:17 pm

Location: Charlotte, NC, USA | CLT, formerly LHR & AMS (with just a bit of PSP)
Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, BonVoy Titanium, (soon former) Caesars7*, (former) Wynn Black, HR "Icon"
i saw the site, i was hoping people had their own pics, as the pics on the site are of course made for the lofts to look their best as always. how good are they with requests, like if i wanted a 1 bedroom with 2 doubles or 2 queens?
IMHO, 1br suites with 2 doubles or queens are QUITE UNUSUAL... as they are meant to be occupied by only 2 people; this is especially the case with LUXURY SUITES. For extra bedding, you usually need to step up to 2 and 3 bedroom suites. Of course, there are exceptions, one notable one is the Waldorf Towers in NYC, which has a number of luxury 1 BR suites with 2 beds in the bedroom.
Old Feb 2, 2006, 3:27 pm

Thumbs down Queens / Doubles. NOT

The Skylofts are all glass upstairs. This is not the place to stay
if you are in double/queen beds. Part of what makes this room so special is the awesome bed. If you are not a "couple". Dont stay here.
The 2 Bdrm suite has the large beds in it as well.

Call the concierge. Maybe they can make arrangements in the 2 Bdrm
But I dont see them doing anything like that in the 1 Bdrm lofts.
Stick to the Ventian/Bellagio for Queens or Doubles.

bltserv
Old Feb 2, 2006, 5:59 pm
Original Poster

its more like a father son trip...thats why i want the 2 beds.
Old Feb 3, 2006, 11:29 am

Get the 2 Bdrm.

its more like a father son trip...thats why i want the 2 beds.

I am taking my son for his 21st B-Day celebration at the end of this year.
He has never "done" Vegas before.
Going to book the 2 Bdrm in a few weeks for that special event.

The One bedroom is really just a "couple" type room.
The 2 Bedroom is perfect. Go for it ! Enjoy !

bltserv
Old Feb 3, 2006, 8:04 pm

I went to a private reception in one of the Skylofts 3 Bedroom Super Suites (the ones at "the end of the hall"). These are pretty amazing. If you are looking for luxury <squared>, the this is where you stay.

I've got photos that will be up on my web site....one of these days.

I've got contacts at MGM, though I'm not sure if they are connected with Skylofts. Feel free to drop me a line. My email address is located here.

Last edited by businesstraveler; Feb 4, 2006 at 6:11 am
Old Feb 5, 2006, 10:02 pm

Programs: Cent, CX Gold
>4) MGM Skylofts.

we were upgraded to a 2 bedroom using the Centurion package. good deal and amazing rooms. steam room, 2 infinity colour theraphy bath tub, 7 tv ?, audio visual room with 50" plasma, comfortable butler service, free minibar & movies, 24hr private fitness room.
Old Feb 7, 2006, 12:36 pm

Programs: Marriott LTT, Hilton Dia, Hyatt Expl, Avis Pres, Hertz Pres, National EE, AA Gold, UA Silver
I just noticed, after reading rc3hk's post, that the SkyLofts were part of AmEx's 2006 FHR program. Since the Skylofts 1BR suites don't have several room categories (ie Traditional, Superior, Deluxe, etc), it would seem that the FHR upgrade could be substantial.

Sure enough, I just called AmEx and was told that the 1 category upgrade (if available at check-in*) would be:

from a 1BR ---> 2BR
or from a 2BR ---> 3BR.

*This is for the AmEx Platinum FHR program. The Centurion program may offer an upgrade in advance. I am not sure.
Old Feb 7, 2006, 2:09 pm

Programs: Cent, CX Gold
We were asked if we were interested in the upgrades when they were showing us the 1 bedroom. Upgrades should be the same for plat

*the sofas in the room is made of a funny material (not allergic safe) and it gave a very bad rash.
Old Feb 7, 2006, 4:05 pm

When are you going?

The reason I ask is MGM Grand just announced the Signature at MGM Grand is accepting reservations fo a May opening.

More details here.
Old Feb 7, 2006, 4:44 pm

Programs: DL, Mariott Rewards
I dont think it was the sofa that gave the rash
Old Feb 8, 2006, 2:49 am

Programs: Motel 6 Club Avoir Le Cafard
Originally Posted by businesstraveler
When are you going?

The reason I ask is MGM Grand just announced the Signature at MGM Grand is accepting reservations fo a May opening.

More details here.
Where exactly is the Signature tower located? The announcement says they offer 24H valet, bell and room service (just like the rest of the hotel)! Shazam!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.