Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Las Vegas
Reload this Page >

Bellagio overrated for best fountain view compared to Cosmo?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 2, 2017, 10:44 am
Original Poster

Been talking to some people and reading online and it seems some are saying that the Bellagio is overrated and that the rooms are dated and that the Cosmo is newer and with the balcony that faces the fountains...they are a better buy than Bellagio.

I'm going with my GF Aug 15 to Aug 18 and initially I booked Bellagio but now having second doubts...I still have time to cancel for free and rebook Cosmo if people here agree that Cosmo has better rooms/views...
Old Aug 2, 2017, 12:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

I think you will probably get a better field of vision from the Bellagio ( ie the fountains will go from left to right as you view them ) where as from the Cosmopolitan it is more likely to go up and down your viewing line ( I think you can see some examples in google)

I stayed 2 nights in the Spa tower ( away from the fountains) in mid July and enjoyed my stay. I did not think the rooms were that dated but the Cosmo will be more modern. I think at the Bellagio you can tune the tv in and listen to the music from your room.

The bellagio rooms will probably be close to the fountains but there is something to be said about viewing them from your private balcony at Cosmo

Regards

TBS

Last edited by The _Banking_Scot; Aug 2, 2017 at 12:36 pm
Old Aug 2, 2017, 12:46 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
Hi,

I think you will probably get a better field of vision from the Bellagio ( ie the fountains will go from left to right as you view them ) where as from the Cosmopolitan it is more likely to go up and down your viewing line ( I think you can see some examples in google)

I stayed 2 nights in the Spa tower ( away from the fountains) in mid July and enjoyed my stay. I did not think the rooms were that dated but the Cosmo will be more modern. I think at the Bellagio you can tune the tv in and listen to the music from your room.

The bellagio rooms will probably be close to the fountains but there is something to be said about viewing them from your private balcony at Cosmo

Regards

TBS
^

Thanks for the insight. I think you're right. The Bellagio rooms are going to be facing the fountains directly of course and I see some (very nice looking I might add) views from the Cosmo.

The availability of the balcony is a huge + I think for GF and I as no other hotel has balconies
Old Aug 2, 2017, 12:52 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, silver, what yr is it?
On the other hand, it's Vegas in August so consider it will be 100+ every day - are you used to that heat to be able to sit outside and enjoy the balcony? [we're going the same time, 17-20, and have in fact booked a Cosmo balcony, but we're also being realistic about how often we'll want to be sitting outside. I am used to hot & humid, HATE desert heat, so if it's sunny I won't be able to sit out there at all. Maybe at dusk & dawn or if there's some shade....]
Old Aug 2, 2017, 1:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by Hoyaheel
On the other hand, it's Vegas in August so consider it will be 100+ every day - are you used to that heat to be able to sit outside and enjoy the balcony? [we're going the same time, 17-20, and have in fact booked a Cosmo balcony, but we're also being realistic about how often we'll want to be sitting outside. I am used to hot & humid, HATE desert heat, so if it's sunny I won't be able to sit out there at all. Maybe at dusk & dawn or if there's some shade....]
Hi,

I would think that a lot of the balconies will get shade in the afternoon depending on where the sun falls ( if it falls behind the spa tower it will be in the shade earlier. There will be more shade before sunset as the sun sets behind the mountain range to the west of las vegas. You may also get some shade in the morning before the sun rises too high in the eat ( not sure if planet hollywood will block the sun for a couple of hours)

Sunset will also be a great time to see the las vegas strip light up and the fountains light up but not completely dark sky yet

Coming from the UK I prefer the dry desert heat compared to the hot and humid weather. Humidity may be slightly higher in Las vegas than normal due to august being the monsoon season with a small chance of thunderstorms.

When walking we felt the heat from the strip from the traffic and the radiant heat from the asphalt which made it feel warmer

Regards

TBS

Last edited by The _Banking_Scot; Aug 2, 2017 at 1:11 pm
Old Aug 2, 2017, 1:10 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, silver, what yr is it?
[I personally am familiar - my 1st stay at Cosmo but Vegas many times - just pointing it out to OP in case it pushes the scale one or another for their room choice] I live in hot/humid - not saying I love it, but I'm used to it, so being in an oven just makes me crazy....

Of course, we have no idea where our room will be. We did get premium/fountain view, so presumably somewhere on that side ;-)
Old Aug 2, 2017, 1:41 pm
Original Poster

Very good point. I am from a very hot AND humid place so it should be ok.

But I think mostly we'll be using the balcony at dawn/dusk and evening to enjoy the lights. Midday we'll likely be out and about or hiding in the A/C room!

We'll see you in Vegas!!!

I also am looking to book a fountain view balcony room as well.

Apparently there's a few differences between the East and West towers. So I'll need to look more into that.

Apparently East towers has mostly the one bedroom balcony, and West tower has the Terrace Suites. Both tower have the Wraparound Balcony suites and those apparently are the best/top end rooms. Especially East Tower Wraparound Suite with the Fountain View!!!

Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
Hi,

I would think that a lot of the balconies will get shade in the afternoon depending on where the sun falls ( if it falls behind the spa tower it will be in the shade earlier. There will be more shade before sunset as the sun sets behind the mountain range to the west of las vegas. You may also get some shade in the morning before the sun rises too high in the eat ( not sure if planet hollywood will block the sun for a couple of hours)

Sunset will also be a great time to see the las vegas strip light up and the fountains light up but not completely dark sky yet

Coming from the UK I prefer the dry desert heat compared to the hot and humid weather. Humidity may be slightly higher in Las vegas than normal due to august being the monsoon season with a small chance of thunderstorms.

When walking we felt the heat from the strip from the traffic and the radiant heat from the asphalt which made it feel warmer

Regards

TBS
Yeah I think we're ok with the dry heat. But most likely we wont be staying out on the balcony too much during midday. Most dawn/dusk/evening times.

[I personally am familiar - my 1st stay at Cosmo but Vegas many times - just pointing it out to OP in case it pushes the scale one or another for their room choice] I live in hot/humid - not saying I love it, but I'm used to it, so being in an oven just makes me crazy....

Of course, we have no idea where our room will be. We did get premium/fountain view, so presumably somewhere on that side ;-)
Thanks a ton for the recommendation! ^

I've decided and I am going to change my reservation from Bellagio to Cosmopolitan with the fountain view room with balcony.

See you there!!!
Old Aug 2, 2017, 1:48 pm

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
As The _Banking_Scot mentioned, the perspective of the fountains from Cosmo is very different than from Bellagio. At Cosmo, East Tower (or Boulevard Tower as they call it now) rooms with a fountain view are about the same distance from the water as Bellagio fountain view rooms in the main tower; it's just that Cosmo's rooms are off the side at one end of the lake.
Old Aug 2, 2017, 1:51 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by gengar
As The _Banking_Scot mentioned, the perspective of the fountains from Cosmo is very different than from Bellagio. At Cosmo, East Tower (or Boulevard Tower as they call it now) rooms with a fountain view are about the same distance from the water as Bellagio fountain view rooms in the main tower; it's just that Cosmo's rooms are off the side at one end of the lake.
Yeah I think Cosmo is more of a nice strip view with fountain included (to the sied) and the balcony is the big draw.

Hard to choose between the two! Either center view of fountain inside Bellagio or balcony with access to fresh air and a nice overall view of the main part of the strip

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.