Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Las Vegas
Reload this Page >

Brand of thermostat in Caesars Las Vegas properties?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14, 2014, 5:28 pm
Original Poster

The last time I stayed in a Caesars property in Las Vegas, the hotel had instituted a "smart" thermostat that would shut off the room's air conditioning when no motion was detected after a few minutes. I am one of those "always warm" people who wants the air on practically all year, save for winter. I don't enjoy having it controlled for me.

Does anyone know what brand of thermostat these properties use? I was so mad I didn't think to get the maker's name. I figured I'd try to find a way to override this stupid set-up. In the Travel Buzz sub-thread in the Travel and Dining forum, there is a dedicated thread about this very topic; if I had the thermostat brand name, maybe I could find out that way.
Old Jul 25, 2014, 11:55 am

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
Might get more responses in the Travel - Las Vegas forum; you can ask a mod to move this thread.
Old Jul 26, 2014, 11:29 pm

Programs: CBP Global Entry, WN A-List Preferred, WN Companion Pass
Originally Posted by frugal_flyer
The last time I stayed in a Caesars property in Las Vegas, the hotel had instituted a "smart" thermostat that would shut off the room's air conditioning when no motion was detected after a few minutes. I am one of those "always warm" people who wants the air on practically all year, save for winter. I don't enjoy having it controlled for me.

Does anyone know what brand of thermostat these properties use? I was so mad I didn't think to get the maker's name. I figured I'd try to find a way to override this stupid set-up. In the Travel Buzz sub-thread in the Travel and Dining forum, there is a dedicated thread about this very topic; if I had the thermostat brand name, maybe I could find out that way.
No clue re: thermostat makers.

Toss a couple of cheap wire shirt hangers (like what comes back from the cleaners/laundry) into your suitcase when you travel.

Upon arrival, twist said hanger's "hook" around about 90 degrees, hang a light tee shirt on it, and hook it into the highest/top louver in the air discharge vent in your room. Tee shirt will "wave in the breeze" & air unit will run continuously. Problem solved.
Old Jul 28, 2014, 5:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Inncom is pretty common. Here's a hack for that brand:

http://gizmodo.com/the-trick-that-le...-an-1462988185
Old Jul 28, 2014, 2:29 pm
Original Poster

3Cforme and Steved5480... Thank you both very much! This is just the info I was looking for!^

I know that InnCom is common, btw. Was just hoping to get the exact brand in use at Caesars properties. But this should help, no matter the brand I hope.

If it is some off-the-wall brand, I wonder if Maintenance is allowed/would show the way to disable this unspeakable nuisance? Maybe for a few bucks?
Old Dec 28, 2014, 7:57 pm

Programs: SPG Plat
Another trick that works well (if you can't find an override) is to use a helium-filled Mylar balloon a few feet in front of the sensor. As long as it isn't touching anything, it is silent.

(Also, if you're woken up by the sound of the a/c shutting off more than the temp, most hotels have fans available on request. Nice white noise and a breeze as necessary.)
Old Jun 26, 2015, 9:12 pm

Programs: National Executive, Hertz Five Star, Hilton Diamond, BW Diamond
Each Caesars property also probably uses different stuff. They were owned by lots of different companies at one point, and have a variety of ages/amenity levels. What a cheap room at Bally's has is probably a lot different from a suite at Caesar's Palace.
Old Jun 28, 2015, 7:13 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

Let's move this thread over to the Las Vegas forum.

Prospero
Senior Moderator
Old Jun 29, 2015, 8:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Sometimes known as [ARG:6 UNDEFINED]
Originally Posted by Ztras
Another trick that works well (if you can't find an override) is to use a helium-filled Mylar balloon a few feet in front of the sensor. As long as it isn't touching anything, it is silent.
Mylar balloons are being banned by many cities. Helium-filled mylar balloons do very nasty things to power lines when Susie lets go of the balloon and the thing floats up into them.
Old Jul 2, 2015, 12:33 pm

Programs: www.blonde4ever.yuku.com
When we stayed at Harrah's Las Vegas in May they have this motion sensor thermostat. I called maintenance and they overrode it and it stayed on for two day, but then it reverted to normal. (Going off all the time)

So we shredded a plastic bag and stuck in the grate over the thermostat and it flapped in the breeze and kept the A/C on.

Here is our creation....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.