Hyatt / MGM Challenge and Status Match

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6, 2014, 12:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver (clawing back to Gold!), Honours Gold, IHG Platinum, MLife Gold, Caesars Diamond

Hi All

Not sure if this should go in the Hyatt forum, here, or somewhere else. Apologies if this is the wrong place, and I appreciate that this could be interpreted as gaming the system, I'm simply looking to maximise an upcoming stay.

In brief, I hold IHG Platinum status, I'm in the UK and holding Hyatt status for me is just about impossible (limited hotels, similarly for SPG). MGM will match MLife status to your Hyatt status. Has anyone tried to match their Mlife status to the temporarily escalated Hyatt status during a challenge? My plan would be to request a challenge from Hyatt off the back of my IHG status ~1 month before my trip, and then match Mlife status to that (not sure how intelligent the systems are!). I'd then enjoy Mlife benefits from the escalated status during my visit in October, and it'd all fall away after my visit. I'd hope IHG platinum would match to Hyatt Platinum and then to Mlife Gold. Appreciate this all sounds involved!

Things like buffet/cafe line passes, etc would be useful. Any input appreciated.
Old Apr 13, 2014, 12:46 pm

Programs: UA-GS,1.95MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Explorer
Originally Posted by Tom Elliott
Hi All

Not sure if this should go in the Hyatt forum, here, or somewhere else. Apologies if this is the wrong place, and I appreciate that this could be interpreted as gaming the system, I'm simply looking to maximise an upcoming stay.

Things like buffet/cafe line passes, etc would be useful. Any input appreciated.
I'm thinking its a lot of work for limited benefits. I have the status from Hyatt and just got back from Vegas and really didn't use any of the advertised benefits (line pass, etc.). The longest line I encountered was at Mandalay Bay's Starbucks, and status would not help there.
Old Apr 13, 2014, 10:45 pm

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
How would mgm/mlife know the status was matched? I don't see a problem.
Old Apr 15, 2014, 2:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver (clawing back to Gold!), Honours Gold, IHG Platinum, MLife Gold, Caesars Diamond
Thanks both for the replies... yes, I'm hoping it'll work, just wondered if anyone could see flaws. I appreciate the benefits might be minimal, but in a city (a city I really do rather enjoy!) where the whole place is designed to extract money from you, any small amount of leg up the pecking order in terms of status is useful.

Cheers
Old Apr 16, 2014, 12:04 am

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
Originally Posted by Tom Elliott
Thanks both for the replies... yes, I'm hoping it'll work, just wondered if anyone could see flaws. I appreciate the benefits might be minimal, but in a city (a city I really do rather enjoy!) where the whole place is designed to extract money from you, any small amount of leg up the pecking order in terms of status is useful.

Cheers
I agree that the buffet/cafe passes are quite useful. It's certainly worth a try in any case. Let us know how it goes.
Old Apr 17, 2014, 7:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I did not see any benefits of Mlife status. Buffet lines are not that long there these days - mlife properties are not known for particularly excirting buffets.
I would not waste my time on a match (which is of great value for Hyatt properties - who knows it may be of use to you on some other trip)
In LAS you'll be better off by offering a 20 to FD agent to get a nice upgrade.
Old Apr 21, 2014, 12:43 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by azepine00
I did not see any benefits of Mlife status. Buffet lines are not that long there these days - mlife properties are not known for particularly excirting buffets.
I would not waste my time on a match (which is of great value for Hyatt properties - who knows it may be of use to you on some other trip)
In LAS you'll be better off by offering a 20 to FD agent to get a nice upgrade.
Ah I've booked a 2 bed suite via airbnb (cheaper than a 1 bed direct!) so no $20 sandwich action for me. Might give the match thing a go, will see. In the meantime I've got myvegas earning LPs hopefully for a couple of show tickets Thanks all
Old Apr 22, 2014, 1:09 pm
Original Poster

Hey all

Helpfully, John at LL found this, which is useful - http://loyaltylobby.com/2014/04/21/h...rack-targeted/ - I'm now Hyatt plat, and mlife gold till next feb at least Someone else might find this useful.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.