Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How to get to the Centurion Lounge by Amex in LAS

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21, 2014, 10:05 am

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, HH Diamond, Fairmont RIP, Hertz Plat, BA Gold
Originally Posted by waylook
I guess it won't work out for me on arrival. I will have some luggage and it seems like a hassle to claim it and then take it through security to go to the lounge. I might be willing, but the wife...
luggage can take a long time to arrive in Vegas. You could always pop in for a quick drink/bite and grab your luggage later.
Old Mar 23, 2014, 1:14 am

How to get to the Centurion Lounge by Amex in LAS

I"d be afraid of something happening to it. But maybe I could settle my wife and then go get it.
Old Mar 23, 2014, 2:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Million Miler, AA Lifetime Gold
Be a man. Enjoy the club.
Let your wife bother about the luggage.
Old Mar 25, 2014, 6:08 am

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, HH Diamond, Fairmont RIP, Hertz Plat, BA Gold
Originally Posted by waylook
I"d be afraid of something happening to it. But maybe I could settle my wife and then go get it.
Keep in mind that once you exit the secure area to retrieve your luggage, you will not be able to return to the Centurion Lounge without a ticket for a same day departing flight.
Old Mar 26, 2014, 2:30 am

Thats a dealbreaker then. I'm not leaving my bags sitting there so I can have a few cocktails. I don't trust the baggage claims area.

Originally Posted by FFMilesJunkie
Keep in mind that once you exit the secure area to retrieve your luggage, you will not be able to return to the Centurion Lounge without a ticket for a same day departing flight.
Old Sep 21, 2014, 4:43 pm
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA,UA,DL,BA,HH,*W,BW
Originally Posted by azepine00
Why??? There are many very good restaurants in Vegas - this is a lounge (even though a good one) not a destination...
But the restaurants on A, B, and C wings are pitiful. There are no lounges there either. The TSA wouldn't let us thru either.
Old Dec 20, 2015, 11:52 am

Some reports indicate the door between C and D are left open. Any more recent data points? Is it still a YMMV with whatever TSA person you get?
Old Dec 20, 2015, 8:25 pm

Originally Posted by Rommie2k6
Some reports indicate the door between C and D are left open. Any more recent data points? Is it still a YMMV with whatever TSA person you get?
Been through LAS twice this month and the doors have always been open.
Old Dec 20, 2015, 10:50 pm
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA platinum; 2MM AA, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Rommie2k6
For over a year the C-D door has been open--as was (still) the case last week. [In any event, since D pre-check uses a passageway that ends up in C, the door between C and D has to remain open when D P-C is open (until 10 pm) in the "worst case scenario"]
Old Dec 21, 2015, 3:06 am
Moderator: Midwest, Las Vegas & Dining Buzz

Originally Posted by AFAM-DFW
Been through LAS twice this month and the doors have always been open.
Originally Posted by nrr
For over a year the C-D door has been open--as was (still) the case last week. [In any event, since D pre-check uses a passageway that ends up in C, the door between C and D has to remain open when D P-C is open (until 10 pm) in the "worst case scenario"]
What they said.

I transit there at least once a month and it has always been open for the past year.
Old Dec 21, 2015, 11:47 am

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
Originally Posted by nrr
In any event, since D pre-check uses a passageway that ends up in C...
Just curious - when did this change? This wasn't the setup before.
Old Dec 21, 2015, 2:32 pm
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA platinum; 2MM AA, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by gengar
Just curious - when did this change? This wasn't the setup before.
Two months ago, you entered D pre-check and ended up in the D area (the way its been since P-C started). A month ago at 8 pm P-C wasn't open. Two weeks ago the "new arrangement" was in place: after the agent checked your id and P-C status from bp, you walked through a passageway (right-most end), which ended in C area; the "new P-C conveyor belts and metal detectors are HERE.
It must have started in the last two months(?)
Old Dec 23, 2015, 6:08 am
Moderator: Midwest, Las Vegas & Dining Buzz

Originally Posted by nrr
Two months ago, you entered D pre-check and ended up in the D area (the way its been since P-C started). A month ago at 8 pm P-C wasn't open. Two weeks ago the "new arrangement" was in place: after the agent checked your id and P-C status from bp, you walked through a passageway (right-most end), which ended in C area; the "new P-C conveyor belts and metal detectors are HERE.
It must have started in the last two months(?)
It's been longer than that - I'd say a minimum of six months - and it is usually at night (I usually take flights after 6 pm).

However my last flight out of LAS was around 2 two weeks ago and they used that last lane then too.
Old Nov 27, 2016, 3:07 pm

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Disc
Access to Centurion Lounge still available from A/B/C?

Since it seemed like the situation was changing a little when the last posts were made and they're a bit old now, I was wondering if anyone could confirm whether the situation is still the same or not. Can we can still access D gates to get to the Centurion Lounge from the A/B/C gates? If so, is it still as described here (i.e. go through a door near the security check to get to the D tram from C gates?) And then we can go back the same way to get back to the A/B/C gates for our next flight?

I have a layover on Southwest at LAS coming up in a couple of weeks and would like to grab lunch at the Centurion lounge if possible before continuing on to my next flight.
Old Nov 27, 2016, 10:06 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by vbscript2
If so, is it still as described here (i.e. go through a door near the security check to get to the D tram from C gates?) And then we can go back the same way to get back to the A/B/C gates for our next flight?
Yes, it's still there. Basically, immediately after you clear security the "stations" for the C and D trams are adjacent to each other separated by a doorway (and some windows).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.